[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

escaped monkey
x3

Post by escaped monkey » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 18:02

I too also need that hotfix, all the links to it are dead and the author of the fix isnt replying to PMs. I think he's German and may not understand what we are asking.
Any help would be really appreciated :-)

arthureloi
x3tc

Post by arthureloi » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 22:21

This hotfix is of maximum importance. Anyway, if anyone can provide me with this hotfix I´ll upload it and copy the link to this forum so we can spread it once more. Thanks!
Last edited by arthureloi on Thu, 5. Mar 09, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 10:53

cheers for the info. Those arrows of mine really ware beautiful trainers for CLS :P. Now I've got the pilots all loaded into superfreighters and am on the third batch of training :P
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Aura_Seeker

Post by Aura_Seeker » Wed, 27. May 09, 03:22

Sorry to bother anyone, but can you help explain how to do this to me?

I have a delaxian wheat farm in melaneus frontier, and I am trying to get the my mercury to only sell the good to the stations in that sector. I have the maximum jumps set to four, but I need it to be that so that my other ships can purchase cheap energy cells.

What would i need to input to make the ship only sell to stations in that specific sector?

Thank You! :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. May 09, 12:48

Aura_Seeker wrote:I have a delaxian wheat farm in melaneus frontier, and I am trying to get the my mercury to only sell the good to the stations in that sector. I have the maximum jumps set to four, but I need it to be that so that my other ships can purchase cheap energy cells.
For that task the CLS is not the right tool. Use Commercial Agent (CAG). You do need two ships though, one buying and the other selling. CAG Config input (2, 1, 1) should set the jump range to 1.

Aura_Seeker

Post by Aura_Seeker » Sun, 31. May 09, 10:27

Okay, thank you! :D

Deathgeese
x3tc

Post by Deathgeese » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 22:46

EDIT: Never mind. I just figured it out.

I really hate to ask, but the tip posted at the top of page 8 by Lucike is just not working. Has anyone figured this out, yet?

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 14:53

Sorry if this has been answered in the past 10 pages (!) but does CLS Mk2 obey HQ dockware limits? I read CLS mk1 does but don't know if mk2 does, or if not, was it fixed/updated to do so?

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 22:14

Plop here,
I'm having troubles with the mk2.

I have a complex in Akeelas' Beacon that needs ore.
I have a TL in Aladna Hill that collect ore from mobile miners. With transporter device.
A TS (with CLS mk1&2, lots of other softwares, transporter device, no video googles, homebased at the complex, freight pilot) with the simple route :
* Pick up 1000 units of ore at the TL
* Drop that 1000 ore in the complex
Rince and repeat. Simple.

The trouble is, he doesn't repeat. After delivering the ore, he standbys, waiting. I have to order him to move to Aladna Hill then restart the external command for him to do his job.
(the complex is compressed with Gazz' Complex Cleaner)

Any hint ?
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 11:57

Is there Ore in the TL to fetch? I have very similar setup, and the CLS2 do wait rather than flying empty. The TL are empty most of the time.

I do have longer routes though, so I have three waypoints:
1. Refuel at complex
2. Load at most N Wafers from TL
3. Unload N Wafers to complex

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 12:38

Yes, the TL contains ore for several runs.

I'll try to add a couple of waypoints. I'll order the TS to tranfer 1 e-cell from his homebase to another complex in Aladna Hill, so he'll be in the sector with the TL when he reaches the "pick up ore" waypoint.

Edith : Ok, it works with that setting.
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Spacewheat

Post by Spacewheat » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 01:08

Hi, I don't know what is causing my ships to go into idle. It is suddenly appearing after these ships have been doing the same route over and over again. I didn't change anything to the settings. They have been earning over millions and the Pilot is on maximum ranking.

Could it be that the Pilot is bored and is rioting?
Or is there a maximum limit in the amount of ships you put on CLS2?

There is a lot of data going around here, am I using an old bugged version? (it came from the dvd as bonus material)

Ok, I tried figuring out what is going wrong. I took one of the Mercuries and resetted all the waypoints and set up new way point to a SPP. I turn on external logistics and after 10 seconds it turns to idle again. The waypoint I set was only to go to the SPP Station and dock.

I stil can't figure out what is causing my ships to go into "idle" suddenly.

This is how it looks like:

[ external image ]

It's like a virus spreading to my other ships! Aaargh.

Nevermind, I have found out what was causing my ships to go into idle when running CLS2. There was an enemey ship hiding in a far corner bottom left, inside the "fog" and it was not moving. It was just sitting there. I destroyed it and the ships started moving again.

I guess I will place 20 satellites in 1 sector to see everything to prevent this ;)

MojoFlow
x3ap

Post by MojoFlow » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 02:10

I saw someone else post this problem earlier in this thread with no answer I could find.

I don't see the int. waypoints command under additional ship commands.

I only have the mosquito missile commands.

I am using CLS2 with what I can using the regular commands (generate waypoints), but there are some things I want to do that I think I need to use the int. waypoint commands. Things like, go buy energy cells at the cheapest location, and some other things like that.

Thanks for any suggestions, I am getting pretty frustrated :)

Cheers!

EDIT: I just looked at the trader settings, and my pilots (3) are all 'Logisticians' I didn't see this experience level in the mod's readme, so have I set something up incorrectly?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 17:19

Spacewheat wrote:I guess I will place 20 satellites in 1 sector to see everything to prevent this
This isn't necessary. Just install fight software Mk1 and jumpdrive in your CLS2 ships and they should jump in sectors where enemies are present.
MojoFlow wrote:EDIT: I just looked at the trader settings, and my pilots (3) are all 'Logisticians' I didn't see this experience level in the mod's readme, so have I set something up incorrectly?
Afair the Logisitican isn't a rank in X3:R CLS but in the X3:TC CLS. So is it possible that you posted in the wrong forum?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Spacewheat

Post by Spacewheat » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 15:18

I just updated the bonus package to v3.1.07. (I installed v3.1.05 that came on dvd) and everything was working fine until I got a message.

It said one of my transports is ready for orders. So i checked it out and noticed it said: CLS on standby.

Then suddenly I get spammed with more messages about transports being ready for orders.

Now I have a full list of 158 transport ships that have CLS on standby.

What can I do to solve this problem? I tried re-setting up the paths but it will stil remain on standby. They have been working fine in v3.1.05 but with v3.1.07 something changed to it and now they won't work -_-

jamesp81

Post by jamesp81 » Tue, 31. May 11, 03:36

I'm having an issue. I have built a silicon mine in Ore Belt and I need to have a freighter running between the SPPs in Ore Belt to buy energy cells for the mine. I followed these instructions from the OP, or tried to at any rate:
The waypoint list is maintained by using the ship command "Add/remove intermediate stops". After the start of this command six further inputs must be made. The first input specifies the type of command. An input of "0" adds the new entry to the back of the waypoint list. A positive number input inserts the new entry before the indicated position. If a negative number is input, then the appropriate entry is changed. Next, a station is input as a waypoint. The 3rd input is the factory type. The 4th is which ware to trade. The 5th is the transfer price per unit. The last input is the quantity to transfer. A positive number causes the pilot to load or buy and a negative number to unload or sell.
I started out selecting Slot 1 under Additional Ship Commands, and selected the command labeled "Commodity logist. Add/remove interm. stops"

I entered zero on the first input (add a waypoint to the back of the list). Second, a station is input as a waypoint. I chose one of the NPC owned SPPs in ore belt. This is where everything went off the rails. The third input IS NOT a prompt to select a "factory type". The third input asks me to pick yet another station. So I tried to wing it from here, and chose my silicon mine for the second station. Next is which ware to trade, I picked energy cells. Next is to select the price of the ware. I'm assuming this is a maximum or minimum price based on whether or not the pilot is buying or selling. I entered 16. Next the box says to enter the "Transfervolume". Seeing how I'm using a Mercury, 2000 units is a good haul. Entered 2000. I got a rather angry sounding, short tone after entering that number, and Slot 1 under the Additional Commands section for my ship still has "None" listed as its contents.

Clearly, the instructions for this software are either incorrect or out of date, and I was wondering if someone could point me to updated documentation?

Could this be an artifact of not having a certain mod installed? I do have the EMP mod installed which, after hours of fruitless searching of the forums, I learned was required in order for my freighters to utilize the Local Trader option of the Trade Command Software Mk3. Not too fine a point on it, but it would've saved me about 4 and a half hours total of fruitless google searching if this fact had been documented in the Local Trader script's readme file. So before I go off on another wild goose chase, I thought I'd through that question out there: is there a mod I need for this to work correctly?

EDIT:

When it asked for a station twice, I simply picked the same station. I don't know if that's technically how it's supposed to work, but my freighter is doing what I wanted it too: it's making a continous run of the three SPPs in Ore Belt, buying at the price specified, and dropping the entire load at my silicon mine. So good enough.

EDIT2:

Now the damn pilot just sits still with the command "CLS Standby". I'm about to fire this idiot and do it all myself.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Tue, 31. May 11, 20:05

that is how you are supposed to select the stations, it will standby from time to time just let it get on with it, doing it all yourself is a massive pain and although it would be more efficient that will get the job done and let you get on with something more interesting.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 00:11

jamesp81 wrote:I got a rather angry sounding, short tone after entering that number, and Slot 1 under the Additional Commands section for my ship still has "None" listed as its contents.
The command merely adds a waypoint and therefore completes immediately. If it would continue running, it would be interrupted by you, when you add next waypoint.

The inputs are: waypoint number, station, ware, price, and amount.
To choose a station one has to choose a sector and then a station (or ship) from it.
To choose a ware one has to choose a sector, a station from it, and then the ware from that station.

Why CLS2? You are buying ECells to a Mine. Why not use CAG?

swiftlight
x3tc

Post by swiftlight » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 21:03

Seems to be an old bug that had a hotfix.. but I can't find the hotfix. I really hope someone can post a link or share it.. someone must have it in this huge community :)

It's the loading / unloaded in CLS2 bug.. it unloads everything on the first station.

I tell it:
Load 1000 ECells from Station 1
Unload 500 ECells to Station 2
Unload 500 ECells to Station 3

Problem is it unoads 1000 Ecells to Station 2.

I see the hotfix is "http://www.lucike.info/x3_reunion/work/ ... hotfix.zip" which is a dead link.

Well.. please :) I would really be happy if someone can provide a link or share.

Thx,

Swiftlight

swiftlight
x3tc

Post by swiftlight » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 22:17

Ok maybe I'm going crazy from to much X3R :)

I think I already have the 3501 hotfix.

I have downloaded and installed "X3 Bonus Pack v3.1.07" Which says it does have "Commodity Logistics Software MK2 v3.5.01". So I should be set, but I'm not. As mentioned above.. it's uloading everything on the first station.

Any thoughts what I might be doing wrong?

I tried a -100500 .. heh CLS Standby =/

For now the only way I have is to go:
Load 500 at Station 1
Unload 500 at Station 2
Load 500 at Station 1
Unload 500 at Station 3

Bleh way around it.. but best I can get until I find out what the problem is.

Any feedback would be great,

Swiftlight

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”