[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sat, 29. Dec 07, 14:01

Carlo the Curious wrote:If the CLS ship has Video Enhancement Goggles equipped it will only jump when under attack.

... I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, though I admit I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Why does Video Enhancement Goggles affect jump behaviour!? (and while on the subject, what are Video Enhancement Goggles good for anyways...).

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 29. Dec 07, 17:29

Goggles are "zoom" of the camera. They only work in playership. So they are utterly "useless" upgrade on AI ship.

Now this script does behave differently depending on boolean Condition:
IF Condition THEN jump ELSE fly

You need to set the value of Condition somehow. You could have a configuration command to do it. But those commands are already complex, so addition of one more "Set true/false" would be no fun.

So the script does:
Condition := NOT ship has upgrade Foo

So you change the Condition by adding or ejecting a "useless" upgrade.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Sun, 30. Dec 07, 05:35

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I'm still having trouble with this script. My ship just won't follow orders. I suspect I might have a fix (a sloppy one), but I thought I'd see if I was doing something wrong first.

Firstly, I have managed to get it up to Freighter Pilot, so no problems with limiting the stops.

I want the ship to supply all my stations in Family Zein. So I input the following:

Delete all previously entered stops information so that I can start from scratch.
Configure Intermediate Stops
1 0 0

Buy 2208 Ecells from my SPP
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 SPP SPP Ecells 12 2208

Sell 1392 Ecells to my Nostrop Complex
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 Nostrop Nostrop Ecells 12 -1392

Buy 24 Rastar from my Rastar Complex
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 Rastar Rastar Rastar 252 24

Sell 480 Ecells to my Rastar Complex
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 Rastar Rastar Ecells 12 -480

Buy 4 Wafers from my Silicon Mine (The mine is new and is going to produce more at a later date)
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 SMine SMine Silicon 290 4

Sell 96 Ecells to my Silicon Mine
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 SMine SMine Ecells 12 -96

Buy 16 Crystals From my Crystal Fab
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 CFab CFab Crystals 1432 16

Sell 240 Ecells to my Crystal Fab
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 CFab CFab Ecells 12 -240

Sell 24 Rastar to my Crystal Fab
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 CFab CFab Rastar 252 -24

Sell 4 Silicon Wafers to my Crystal Fab
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 CFab CFab Silicon 290 -4

Sell 16 Crystals to my SPP
Add/Remove Int Stops
0 SPP SPP Crystals 1432 -16

This cycle should just go on and on until I update it to give more Ecells to the Silicon Mine, less to the Nostrop Complex and transfer more Silicon Wafers to the Crystal Fab.

I have put the Buying stage at each station first to make sure enough credits are available to pay for the Selling stage. I have also made sure there is always enough room in the ship's hold.

However, I have had to reset it several times now.

1 - It has been known to sell all the 2208 Ecells to the Nostrop Complex leaving none for any of the other stations.

2 - It never sells the Rastar or Silicon Wafers to the Crystal Fab, leaving the Fab without and taking up space in the ship's hold.

3 - It has done other weird things like taking the money from the Silicon Mine and not giving any Ecells in return (probably because it had none left).

Can anyone spot my stupid little mistake that has screwed everything up, or is something really wrong?

I wondered if when deleting all the stop info, it left something behind (making it sell all the Ecells on its second stop). I also wondered if it would only perform one task at each station (hence the not selling Rastar or Silicon to my Crystal Fab).

I suppose I could set it up so that it goes to the Rastar Complex twice (once to buy, once to sell) and the Crystal Fab 4 times (1 buy, 3 sell), but I'm sure there must be some other solution.

Thanks in advance for any help with this, especially as I'm considering starting a similar setup in Light of Heart.

Smiley
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

azeroth666
x3

Post by azeroth666 » Sun, 30. Dec 07, 14:50

Hello

BIG THX. Yes if you have too much of equipment then something can go wrong :). I removed goggles and now they jumping. Everything is working now.i

Again BIG THX.

P.S.
My advice is to use every one ship only for one goods. One ship to delvery energy for station, one for teladianium, one for Nostrop oil, etc. Then ships delivery working fine.

Azeroth

dsoden
x4

Post by dsoden » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 05:57

I've recently dusted off X3 again and I must say the new updates and bonus pack make it like a whole new game :)

I'm having problems with the CLS however. I ran CLS1 ok but the CLS2 isn't working as expected.

As a CLS1 he was delivering Ecells from one complex and distributing them to several. I wanted him to move around some other wares during his trips so I changed him to CLS2.

At step 1 he would load up the specified number of ecells and start his route but when he reached the first fab at step 2, he would unload ALL of his ecells, or as many as the fab could accept. The 0 0 0 feedback clearly stated that he should only unload 800 ecells.

I tried stopping and restarting him several times, deleted the istructions and re-added them, etc. but I could not fix this behavior. I finally gave up and put him back on CLS1.

I later started another CLS2 and had him move silicon and crystals around and he worked fine. I had him picking up and dropping off complete loads from one complex to another, so I'm not sure if he would have the same problem.

But he does have a different problem. He has leveled up to the point where he should be using his jump drive but he doesn't. He has all required equipment, ecells, both scanners, and no goggles but he still wont jump.

Any ideas?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 07:54

dsoden wrote:... CLS2 ... he should be using his jump drive but he doesn't. He has all required equipment, ecells, both scanners, and no goggles but he still wont jump.
Fuel. You must explicitly refuel him. One more waypoint to configure.

dsoden
x4

Post by dsoden » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 08:33

He definetely has ecells but maybe you are saying that he must have it in his route in order to jump. I'll add it tomorrow. I know the first problem CLS2 would jump after loading ecells, but unfortunatly he'd drop them all at the first stop and strand himself :)

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 09:06

dsoden wrote:... but unfortunatly he'd drop them all at the first stop and strand himself :)
Right, you must configure one more waypoint.

Input - {0} {SPP or Homebase} {not important} {not important} {0} {0}

Then the CLS knows his jump energy.

Greets
Lucike

dsoden
x4

Post by dsoden » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 15:29

Ok, now I see that in "Special Inputs Part 1". For some reason I didn't understand that when I first read it. Now it makes perfect sense to me. Thank you so much, I can't wait to get home tonight and implement it :)

Any idea why I was having trouble getting my first CLS2 to only unload 800 ecells? I believe the command I was using was:

{0} {Silicon Mine} {same Silicon Mine} {Energy cells} {0} {-800}

When he carried out this instruction he would unload all ecells that would fit in the silicon mine.

I greatly appresiate the help and the wonderful script :)

MafooUK
xr

Problem with CLS Mk II

Post by MafooUK » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 00:09

I am having some difficulty with the CLS MKII

The SPP / Crystal Complex and the Silicon Complex are 5 sectors apart
The Ship has the following standard Equipment / Upgrades
  • Mosquito Missile 20
  • Fighter Drone 10
  • CLS MK1/2
  • Special MK1
  • Fight MK1/2
  • Trade MK 1/2
  • Navigation
  • Triplex
  • Jumpdrive
  • SETA
  • Trading System extension
Frieghter Pilot rank
here is the configuration
SPP / Cystal Complex is Homebase
Version 3501
  • 1. SPP / Cystal Complex - Refuel jump energy
    2. SPP / Cystal Complex - Loading 3000 Energy Cells
    3. Silicon Complex - Unloading 3000 Energy Cells
    4. Silicon Complex - Loading 170 Silicon Wafers
    5. SPP / Cystal Complex - Unloading 170 Silicon Wafers
ok he laods up at the SPP complex with 3280 Energy
Jumps to the Silicon Complex
unloads all the Energy into the Silicon Complex
Flys (not jumps) back to the SPP / Cystal Complex

what am i doing wrong?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 09:07

Hi MafooUK,

I found a little bug in the BP version. Copy the hotfix file in your script folder and restart the freighter. The fix is signed.

http://www.lucike.info/x3_reunion/work/ ... hotfix.zip

Greets
Lucike

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 09:20

Is the bug merely in Energy unload, or all unloads?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 09:23

jlehtone wrote:Is the bug merely in Energy unload, or all unloads?
All unloads.

Greets
Lucike

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 09:47

Sneaky insect.

Btw, the status report. Was there a limit on how long messages you can generate (newline count or something)? Freight Pilot can have quite many waypoints, ie long report.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 10:38

100 lines. I can insert a break after 100 lines.

MafooUK
xr

Thank You!

Post by MafooUK » Sat, 19. Jan 08, 00:50

Thank You, needed to restart external logistics for it to kick in properly!
*huggles all round*

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Wed, 23. Jan 08, 15:36

@Lucike - many thanks for the hot fix. I've been struggling for the last couple of days with the ecell unload problem discussed above as well. Hotfix sorted it.

I just wish I'd checked here when I first had the problem rather than trying to work out what I'd done wrong :x

Enalung
x3

Post by Enalung » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 21:39

I'm having a bug right now and it's causing me quite a few problems considering that I have 3 stations relying on that transport for energy. What is happening is that the transport is loading 4200 energy at my solar power plant as it should, however it is dumping it all at the first station, leaving none for the other stations. Checking the orders I gave it, it does say that it should drop 1400 at the first station then proceed to the second station, drop the same amount and go to the third station and drop the rest.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 22:17

@Enalung: Have you installed this (below) and restarted the ship?
Lucike wrote:I found a little bug in the BP version. Copy the hotfix file in your script folder and restart the freighter. The fix is signed.

escaped monkey
x3

Post by escaped monkey » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 17:23

Lucike wrote:Hi MafooUK,

I found a little bug in the BP version. Copy the hotfix file in your script folder and restart the freighter. The fix is signed.

Greets
Lucike
Fixed the problem for me thanks alot great script :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”