[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JoeBravo

move pilot

Post by JoeBravo » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 20:27

somehow I can't get the "move pilot" command to work.
I get a single beep and a "command accepted" notification, but the pilot remains in the original craft. (need to select vessel twice, station once)

What am I missing?
:?:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 23:46

You need to select
1. Ship A
2. Ship B
3. Station C

A and B will both dock to C. Then the pilots (if any) of A and B will swap.

LowkeeDragon33

Commercial Agent Help

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 15:41

Hi all,

Perhaps nobody plays this game? Last post here was about a year ago (I think).

Anyway, I am hoping for some help understanding a Commercial Agent Command. This one:
A pilot of level auxiliary courier sells products if cargo hold higher then C% (standard 20%) or if he can load D% (standard 30%) in cargo bay. A pilot of level freighter pilot 1st class skip this regulation at a station bank balance below E Credits (standard 20.000 Credits).
What is this 30%? Is this the percentage of the stations capacity, the percentage of the amount of goods compared to the cargo bay of the ship, or what?

Basically, I want my trader to only sell goods when they would fill up his/her cargo bay.

Thanks.

{X3R S&M Posting Rules. Merged. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 17:40

LowkeeDragon33 wrote:What is this 30%? Is this the percentage of the stations capacity, the percentage of the amount of goods compared to the cargo bay of the ship, or what?
It should be the percentage of free cargo units of the trader's total cargo bay.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Thu, 9. Jun 11, 19:37

Hmm, okay. Thanks. Thanks for moving me to the right thread too.

I have a few that are now working with 3,4 set to 100%, so perhaps it is only the percentage of free cargo units (as there are Shields, etc on the ship too). Otherwise, this would be a fair amount of micromanaging when cargo/weapons upgrades are bought. I am sure you know more than me though.

I also wonder why there needs to be a 3,3 and 3,4; seems like it should be one or the other (especially with the ware locking). Just don't get it, perhaps it should be:
...if cargo hold higher then C% (standard 20%) and if he can load D% (standard 30%) in cargo bay.
Edit: I think I see now. The trader will wait until the station can fill 100% of it's total cargo bay, and at that point it will fill the ship will be filled as much as possible. 100% certainly works, but ideally this value would be closer to the actual percentage of free space in the ship (as you said).

inner_fears

[X3:R] Question about CAGs and freighters

Post by inner_fears » Sun, 25. Sep 11, 20:00

Hi, I just put up a complex with no products using a warehouse (it works as an import/export hub).

The range of the complex is set to 50, and I have assigned 10 level max CAGs equipped with jumpdrive and ecells to the complex.

The intermediate products are set to buy/sell.

As soon as I set those CAGs to "Start Commercial representation", they start going around the universe buying stuff (ecells and interim products) and in a few minutes on SETA the complex is completely full. Now they just stand inside the complex in CAG standby.

How do I make them sell my stuff?

In the commodities extension mk1 thread i read that I have to add stations to my CAG: "After choosing a number of stations or TL class ships with the command "Add/remove stations" the software will determine if it is a supplier or consumer."

The question is: If I want them to consider every compatible station in the universe both as a supplier and as a consumer, do I have to pick them one by one? That could take days.

Thanks for the answers

edit: I chose this section because the commodity software is part of a script, sorry if I got it wrong

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Sep 11, 20:57

You're confusing two different extensions here. The Commercial Agent (CAG) is not the Commodity Logistics Software (CLS 1 & 2). The CAG has to gain experience in order to be able to sell wares from your stations/complexes. On the the first level(s) a CAG is only able to buy wares. Have a look at the description in its topic (*click*) under Additional pilot qualifications.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

inner_fears

Post by inner_fears » Sun, 25. Sep 11, 21:37

I got it wrong but I did it right nonetheless: I started them as CAGs and now they're level max. Thanks for the link, I decreased the percentual of available interim product at which the CAGs will start selling it and now they're selling like mad.

ThankS!

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X3:R] Question about CAGs and freighters

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 28. Sep 11, 23:59

inner_fears wrote:edit: I chose this section because the commodity software is part of a script, sorry if I got it wrong
Good, but as the Posting Rules in S&M Forums say, it is even better to use the existing thread. Hence a merge.

X2-Illuminatus did post a link to the original CAG thread, while this thread is about signed CAG, i.e. the one in X3R Bonuspack. (Btw, Bonuspack installs a Readme too.) However, I must ask which version of CAG do you use?

Is it the one from Bonuspack, or an unsigned version? If it is the unsigned version, I hope that it is the latest one from that direction. More features and fixes than in the Bonuspack versions.

ego1607

Post by ego1607 » Thu, 31. May 12, 05:31

I'm having a problem with intermediate products selling.
I have a complex that produces shitload of different stuff. Some of that stuff I want to sell off and some I want to sell but also keeep a stock off (missles for example). I concluded that best way to manage that was would be to shift misslesp to intermediate list and crank up traders sell intermediate number to like 70%. Just after I did that, all traders stoped trading ALMOST any intermediates . I've seen some bofu being sold from time to time, but no ecells were ever sold although stores were totally full. As soon as I moved missles back, traders resumed operation normaly.

Does annyone know why that happens and is there a way arround it.

Kanaric1
x2

Post by Kanaric1 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 17:38

Having a problem,

I have 4 ships attached to a complex but I can set only two of them to start commercial represenatation. Is there some kind of a limit that I can only use two ships for this? Bought all these ships at once and they are identical equipped, any ideas on what the issue could be?

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Wed, 15. May 13, 00:27

Kanaric1 wrote:Having a problem,

I have 4 ships attached to a complex but I can set only two of them to start commercial represenatation. Is there some kind of a limit that I can only use two ships for this? Bought all these ships at once and they are identical equipped, any ideas on what the issue could be?
I'm having a similar issue. I can only attach 1 trader to a solar power plant. The 3 ships i'm trying to attach are not identical, but they do have the necessary equipment. I wish I knew what the issue was.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 15. May 13, 00:33

What do you mean with 'attach'? Assign a homebase? If so, what ship class do your ships belong to? You cannot assign a factory or complex hub as a homebase to Capital ships (TL, M2, M1).

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:38

X2-Illuminatus wrote:What do you mean with 'attach'? Assign a homebase? If so, what ship class do your ships belong to? You cannot assign a factory or complex hub as a homebase to Capital ships (TL, M2, M1).
By attach I meant attach in relation to the script (Start the Commercial Agent Representation). They are all TS Transports. I can make my power plant as their Home base, but for like an hour or so of gameplay the option of starting commercial agent representation was grayed out. It only worked on 1 of the transport (they had all the required things installed mind you). After an hour of running the "Buy ware at best price" and "Sell ware at best price" I was able to start commercial representation on them but now they just sit there, docked, with the command "CAG on standby". I tried messing with the settings, starting the commercial agent representation again, nothing worked.

To clear things up, I have 3 TS ships that I'm trying to get to work. Only 2 of them where not allowing me to start commercial representation, and when I was able to do that, they sit "CAG on stadby". The factory has 1,000,000 credits and I have a fairly large satellite network (~30 sectors). The other ship seems to function well. It didn't require set up or anything like that. As soon as I started it, started buying and selling left and right.

1 ship is not enough for an XL Solar Power plant. It sits there either full of energy or low on resources most of the time. Even with a jumpdrive ship.

Genbe

Post by Genbe » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 19:09

Question about the OP, when i input {4} {X} {Y} for the jump center is there a certain way to format it? I tried doing {4} {7} {20} and I get the error beep.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”