[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 01:35

Does the CAG need trade MK3 software, as it`s not stated as a requirement in the original text, but in my game, I have setup a ship with the stated requirements, and there is no option to start it. All my UT`s have the option though.
I have navigation/trade MK1/MK2 software, trade extention, duplex scanner.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 01:44

Have you set your ship with a homebase? Since CAG's work for your factories, they have to have their factory set as their homebase.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 01:57

yes it has homebase set, I have tried removing using the script, and then readding manually.

Islington
x4

Post by Islington » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 03:32

jlehtone, thanks for the reply.

I removed the CLS1 software before starting him as a CA. I have a metric ton of pilot CLS1's and need pilot CA's .You would think a freighter pilot was a freighter pilot regardless.
Crazy they would have the same ranks if they can only do the one task. I can see this being a problem down the road, as ships get moved around it would be nice to know what job each pilot is able to be given. Freighter pilot could be one of three jobs and if the software is removed there is no way to check.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 08:18

That is not a problem. A CLS pilot can work later than a CAG pilot.

Islington
x4

Post by Islington » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 08:47

Lucike

I thought it would work, but I have tried everything I can think of ie new ship, change homebase, clear orders etc But it still only jumps out once and back then sits in homebase with a destination station and idle as an action. I did not think it was possable to idle whlie docked.
The station is a full SPP XL sell at 15 range 5, so customers are not an issue.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 12:52

How much does the CAG use the "Trade with others" and "Intermediates" settings on player complexes?

I do know that the "Trade with others" is used as buy/sell flag in homebase Docks (ie Trading Stations and EQdocks). And I do know that CAG has "Trade with other player stations" flag.

Trade Mk1 apparently ignores the settings too, at least on the homebase. Thus, the purpose of the "Trade with others" and "Intermediates" settings by default is to control the behaviour of NPC ships, not player ships.

There are clearly two separate issues: (1) the settings of the homebase, and (2) settings on other player owned stations.

I do try to figure out the optimal way to implement both "open loop" and "closed loop" near each other. By definition, nobody, just nobody should mess with the "closed loop", while the open loop is free for all/some. However, one might still desire to fetch the products of the closed loop into the open market, but intermediates are likely to be "off-limits".

Connection kits and the CLS can implement the closed loop with ease. Just how much does the presence of the closed loop will limit the options of the open loop?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 23:50

The CAG ignores the station settings, but only in docks he operate with this settings.

In the next version you can close each individual station. The version 3.2.06 comes into the bonus package 3.1.04.

Command slots of a station:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 08:47

Lucike wrote:In the next version you can close each individual station. The version 3.2.06 comes into the bonus package 3.1.04.
:D Sounds good.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Oct 06, 08:49

For a moment I thought the Barrier does not work. I did issue the command on Slot 1. And by default I see slots 1--9. None of them had the command "active". Then I scrolled down and saw that the command was indeed active on Slot 10. That was a bit confusing, although it is naturally better to push the active commands into the bottom, so new commands can be issued via the top slots. But some commands do stay on the slot they were invoked on, like the Station Manager. I assume the "push to bottom" does check for "collisions"?

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Sun, 15. Oct 06, 23:29

hello

any way to forbide sectors, others than removing satelites ? Because i have a xenon sector middle way, but i wish to have stations and market on each side of this xenon sector 347 ?
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 09:09

You have a satellite in X347? If I understood the description, the name of the satellite determines if it is seen by the CAG. So you can have satellites which are ignored by the even when it does go by satellites. But the CAG should not enter the Xenon sector anyway, if it can jump and as long as there is no market in that sector. Nobody to trade with. That is usually true, isn't it?

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 10:36

thanks, so what happen is that my Complex is at south of the Xenon sector x347, in the unknown sector not far, and i have a satellite in each system at north of the Xenon sector.

As i will soon put a station in the systems at north, i dont want to delete the satelites here.

But anyway i have tried to delete the satelite in system at north, and still the commercial agent have crossed the xenon sector.

Level of the agent is low (2d level) so he will not use the jumpdrive

Also i have notive when deleting the satelite that the commercial agent decided to go back, but later i have seen an alert saying he is dead in the xenon sector... was no more satelite but my ship was in a north system O.o

What should be the satelite name ? i have not found this information
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 12:40

Let me guess: "Advanced Satellite" or "Advanced Satellite - Unknown Sector". So says the Readme.

Maybe you should limit the jump range until the CAG has leveled up? Additionally, you can move the "center of business" for that ship into, say PTNI HQ, and set its jumprange to 1. It should jump there and back. Then have another ship and station jump-range of "not up to X347" to cover the local market.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 13:25

jlehtone wrote:Let me guess: "Advanced Satellite" or "Advanced Satellite - Unknown Sector". So says the Readme.
Right.

I forgot. The barrier must be run on slot 10. If you choose an other slot, then the script choose automatically slot 10. This is easier and faster for the CAG script.

Greets
Lucike

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 14:10

thanks, any place to download this "readme" ? as i dont have the game right now and i dont see any "satelite" tips on the main page

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 14:43

Quite true, the OP of this thread is outdated. Then again, you could not play anyway right now, if you are not with the game right now.

The Handelsverterer thread (the original unsigned thread for the CAG in German S&M forum) has the latest description, in German. No, I cannot really read German either, but I tend to guess close enough. :wink:

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 15:40

thanks to show me this deutch thread so now i have found 2 things to try :

1) To put in the TS ship Friend or Foes races, the unknow race = foes (as i beleive the xenon sector = unknown and not Xenon)

2) to try this command that obviously escapte from the english documentation, here is a small but incomplete translation (sadly) :

Input {2} {2} {X}
The pilot carries on trade only in sectors with extended navigation satellites. Deactivate (X = 0; X = activate 1)

Satellite network: If this function is activated, then the pilot acts only in sectors, which are equipped with plaything genes an extended satellite. Is to be paid attention to an accurate Bennennung of the extended satellite. [Extended satellite] or [extended satellite - {homeland sector}]

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 17. Oct 06, 23:13

Having a problem with this. Everything seems to be working as planned, and my guys are up to pilot 1st class or whatever, but even though I have the factory set to buy energy cells at a max price of 13 credits, my pilots go buy them for 15 credits! Are they "unaware" if a price changes while they're in-route or something?

@Islington: The only time I've seen my pilots at "Idle" while parked in home base is when they refuse to go to a sector because of "reports of enemies in the area" (there was a Kha'ak cluster sitting at the edge of the sector he wanted to go to), but I did get "incoming message" and he told me about it.

dicemanian
x3

Post by dicemanian » Wed, 1. Nov 06, 21:21

I have a problem too with the commercial agent. The pilots are up to the max level possible but venture into Xenon / Pirate space and get obliterated. They have jumpdrives and enough energy to at least jump out of the sectors but dont? Any ideas?

Thanks all

D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”