[UTILITY] Remove Rocks From Sector v1.03 [UPDATED 07/09/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bunny
x3ap

[UTILITY] Remove Rocks From Sector v1.03 [UPDATED 07/09/06]

Post by Bunny » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 10:08

Remove Rocks From Sector (or Universe)

[EDIT] Rock = An asteroid that does not appear on the sector map

What it does:
Enables the quick removal of some or all rocks in a sector (or all rocks in the universe)

[EDIT] works on an existing game, no restart required

How to use it:
First off...backup your saved game before running this script. I have had no problems with it but better to be safe than sorry.

1. Open the script editor and select "cheat.removerocks"
2. Run it (press r)
3. Select your ship as the object on which the script will run
4. Select the script mode number (see below)
5. Select the sector which is to be modified

The script will run an atomic loop for rapid removal of the debris (game may appear to lockup for a few seconds)

6. Save the game and exit X3
7. Restart X3 and check the saved game is intact.

Script Modes
The script has four option modes which determine how rocks are removed

Mode 1 : Destroy all rocks - the sector will be completely cleaned

Mode 2 : Destroy small debris - just the more numerous small rocks are removed (types 8, 17, 18, 19 & 20). This option should be used to clear
up fragments resulting from combat, sloppy mining or collisions.

Mode 3 : Destroy 10% of debris - select this for thinning out rocks, repeat as required.

Mode 4 : This removes every single rock in the universe - WARNING! this will lock up the game almost completely for several minutes. While the script is running the autopilot X will appear on your hud. Wait for this to disappear. When you select this mode simply select any sector.
[EDIT 09/09/06] do not enter a null sector.

Check BlackRain's Less asteroids mod out as well

zip
Hosted by Xai Corporation - Remove Rocks

Alternative link from xdownloads.co.uk:
[ external image ]

Notes:
If you are in the sector that is cleaned then you will need to exit and reenter it to see the finished result. This is because the graphics card will still represent some debris that has been removed. This step can be avoided if rock removal is carried out from another sector.

Edit: Added alternative download link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Bunny on Sun, 7. Jan 07, 14:48, edited 12 times in total.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 13:26

is this really real. the salvation to all our slideshow capship smashing needs.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 14:43

Yeap

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 15:28

I like this. I may use it. This in conjunction with my asteroid creator....

You could effectlively take out all the crap, then just make new super rocks for your own needs (at a price). :D

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 16:24

Actually its not really a cheat, just simplyfies cleaning sectors by hand and PSGs...

Does this also affect the large asteroids or just the small ones, that needs to be broken down to be minable¿
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 16:31

Just the rocks get nailed - asteroids that are on the map are not touched

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 16:34

The destruct hotkey can take care of those. ;)

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 17:01

@ fud
But you'd have to target each roid individually.. :(
BTW: Where can I get your script¿
Searched the forum, but didn't found it :cry:
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 18:39

Well, an easy way to use the destruct script (make sure it's the hotkey version by Stevio (in cheat sticky), is to go into the sector map, scroll down to the asteroids, hit "t" on one, then hit the hotkey. If you get good at it, you can clear out Ore belt in a matter of seconds.

Just becareful not to go too fast with it, the gates CAN be destroyed with the script.

As far as my script, I'll have to get that back online. Ashely changed a few things with it since it's first release to remedy a command slot conflict.

I'll see if I can get it back online tonight. Just a note, it makes asteroids of any yield you want (I've made yields as high as 300 with it while testing, without any noticable problems, game wise). But, it costs between 100-110,000 cr per 1 yield.

So a 10 yield asteroid is gonna set you back about a million. It's not cheap, and it's not supposed to be.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 18:47

fud wrote:Well, an easy way to use the destruct script (make sure it's the hotkey version by Stevio (in cheat sticky), is to go into the sector map, scroll down to the asteroids, hit "t" on one, then hit the hotkey. If you get good at it, you can clear out Ore belt in a matter of seconds.

Just becareful not to go too fast with it, the gates CAN be destroyed with the script.

As far as my script, I'll have to get that back online. Ashely changed a few things with it since it's first release to remedy a command slot conflict.

I'll see if I can get it back online tonight. Just a note, it makes asteroids of any yield you want (I've made yields as high as 300 with it while testing, without any noticable problems, game wise). But, it costs between 100-110,000 cr per 1 yield.

So a 10 yield asteroid is gonna set you back about a million. It's not cheap, and it's not supposed to be.
1. I don't need a killing script, but as for this roid cleaning, I'll clean out some nasty sectors like Seizewell oder Elenas Fortune... and ANtigone Memorial... sick of losing ships to roids... they should know meanwhile that roids are harder and more solid than a 75 MJ shield... :roll:

2. I'm fine with the costs - at least I can ceate silicon 60 yields in sectors where no SPP is in close proximity and provide energy to the whole galaxy .. I'm just to noble, aren't I :oops: .... for a price of course... (ok, I'm a bastard... :twisted: )

the old one
x3tc

asterriods

Post by the old one » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 21:42

I have a modified blackrain mod which removes all mini asteroids,new start required,if you want it let me know,the old one

helias126

Post by helias126 » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 11:08

I love you :D

(No, i am not gay) :P

BobSmalls

Post by BobSmalls » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:01

In X2, I had fun and profit launching TSs from my TL, mobile-mining entire sectors clean, and providing security in my M3 or M6. Sadly, that's no longer an option in X3. Rocks appear to be fairly useless. If I delete all the rocks in the universe, am I going to miss them later?

Also, does anyone have a script that employs this rock-deletion utility on all the sectors in the universe?

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 10:30

I could add an option to do the entire universe....however, you could go to lunch in the time it takes to finish.

You can always get some rocks back by blowing up asteroids. Their respawns are not prevented by the presence of debris.

You can mobile mine a sector clean but it takes longer (rocks, unlike asteroids do not respawn).

BobSmalls

Post by BobSmalls » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 16:07

Bunny wrote:I could add an option to do the entire universe....however, you could go to lunch in the time it takes to finish.
In that case, I'll start making a sandwich now. :wink:
Seriously, though, when you consider how much faster rock-free sectors load, and how much smaller the saved games will be, it's well worth the wait. Of course, the user has to understand why his computer will hang for several minutes.
Also, my estimate places time to clear the universe at only 3 minutes (at most) on my 1.67GHz Athlon.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 16:58

Okay, I'll put mode 4 back in to do the universe. Give me a day or two, things are starting to pile up a bit.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 11:35

As promised mode 4 has been added which will remove all rocks from your universe.

BobSmalls

Post by BobSmalls » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 03:20

Yay! Mode 4 works; there are no more rocks in my universe. Siezewell loads in under a minute, and my saved games are 180KB smaller. I presume it was taking the time to write down the location of each rock in the universe every time I docked with a station.

Very useful script, Bunny.

Question, though: is it a cheat? A cheat is "something for nothing". This script, IMO, removes a nuisance, but since the nuisance is made of Ore and Si, I'm giving up something in exchange.

I guess it's up to the user to decide whether it's a cheat, but I'll argue it's not.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 05:00

BobSmalls wrote:is it a cheat? A cheat is "something for nothing".
IMHO it's not a cheat - you don't get any advantage by using this script.
A cheat is: Getting advantage against the CPU for no cost.
What's your advantage here¿ Nothing.
You got one singe credit more¿ No
Are you invincible¿ No
Have you gotten a cap ship or reputation gain for free¿ Neither

So what did you got¿ A clean universe with no rocks in it. And that's no real game advantage. Pirates will still kill your ships off, Khaak will continue to invade the sectors and XI will still happen the way they used to - only with a frame rate of 30 instead of 10. :D

To be honest: I'm totaly against cheating - but this simply saves me the time from cleaning a complete sector of rocks during an afternoon instead of doing something fun in the universe.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 09:30

It saves weeks of time and quite a bit of money that would be needed to clear sectors with attack rocks :P.

[EDIT] Now just a utility script :wink:
Last edited by Bunny on Fri, 8. Sep 06, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”