[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild: Intelligent Pirate Behaviours | v0.96 (final update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Coridan

Post by Coridan » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 20:47

Cool.

I wonder how this will run with race response fleets going... poor pirates. :twisted:

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 02:54

This script is very fun works good with your yaki script too. I was capping ships left and right , and when I get out to claim them out of know where a pirate falcon with high speed swoops in blows the ship up im trying to caim,and my ship and then flys right into me little sapce suite it was very funny.

RU4PT
x3

Pirates Guild

Post by RU4PT » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 20:40

I'm install this script. Assign hot key. Ask pir.ship for the location of the nearest pirate base. All ok.
But...

when i fly through gate in sector whith pirate base - the game has stoped and abort... :(

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 13:18

Damn, same Lasertower bug as in X2, i'm getting tired of the stupid egosoft bugs. I'll correct that in a few minutes. Sorry for this issue.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 14:05

v0.41 is out.

It corrects the "crash" caused by my upgraded lasertowers. Yet another stupid Egosoft bug : If you create a lasertowers with rudder optimisations when you are in the same sector as the new lasertower, everything will be fine. If you create the same lasertower OOS, the game will crash. impressive :roll:

Anyway it's fixed.

For those who have the plugin running. Do the following exactly:
1/ Upgrade/Install Pirate Guild
2/ Load your savegame
3/
- If the plugin is still running disable it in the AL setting.
- If the plugin isn't running, enable it, wait 2-3 min., disable it
4/ Save your game :p
5/ Now you can enable it again and play, everything should be OK

Sorry for the issue.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

KhaakSucker
x4

Crash Bug Found

Post by KhaakSucker » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 21:24

I've been crashing while attempting to enter the system "Nathan's Voyage" and have narrowed it down to the Pirate Guilds script. Just thought I'd let you know. There is a Pirate base there with laser towers.. However both the base and laser towers were there pre-script as well.

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 21:53

ok I have a question, I downloaded this and the pirates are single handedly mauling my whole trade empire, is this because one station of there's is hostile to me? i am curious as some of the pirates are blue to me and ignore me but a large number make it their goal to totally attack all my assests...thanks in advance..

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 08:33

Just as an FYI, I had the CTD upon jumping bug. I tried the update, but it still happened, even with the plugin disabled. Sending in my ship remotely, I noticed that the base itself was still there - so I added a line to killbase that actually killed the base itself, then everything was ok again.

This suggests to me that it is NOT a lasertower specific crash.
--
Look, no SIG!

KhaakSucker
x4

Post by KhaakSucker » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 19:54

Yeah, it appears that once the script alters the pirate base (or whatever) the bug stays there, even if you turn the script off.... So you either have to load an earlier save, or do what you did IE remove the pirate base.

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 05:00

How Do you Remove the pirate bases? Or even better how do you stop this from happening? I have two sectors that are already crashing on me and it is because of this script.. While it is the best challenge I've had so far It can be anoying :) Is there a fix? New Income and Brennan's Triumph are the two that are crashing in my game. Reguardless if the script is on or off now. They both also have pirate bases. I also did a test to see if i started a new game and flew to these sectors, if it would crash. It did not so It is definatly the new pirate bases in my game. Also If this script updates will it say it in game? The message i get still says its version .40.

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 06:41

Heh, I hadn't realized that this mod used *EXISTING* pirate bases - so when I killed them, no more pirates!

So I went back and did it the long way - I regenerated all of them. Copied their wares, gave them new ships and added random lasertowers. I guess I could have copied them too, but I couldn't be arsed. Don't have the time for extensively scripting a one-shot fix.

Just had to do another one too - xenon invasion + race invasions == dead universe. Did another script to erase all enemy M1 and M2 warships that were not in their home sectors, lol.
--
Look, no SIG!

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 09:09

I should really teach myself how to do that...the Teladi in my game have been destroyed by XI and Split invation forces. :x Teladi are my fave race too.

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 18:55

Hehe, I'll clean up those scripts and upload soon, maybe tomorrow this time. Save you the hassle - though its a bit easier than you think!
--
Look, no SIG!

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 00:14

oh hey thanks man! It would be helpful! I know pirate bases respawn eventually so it is ok if i kill them.

Dark_Knight
x3tc

Post by Dark_Knight » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 02:21

I'm having the same problem.
I can't enter any sector with a pirate base.
I'm using .41

Any ideas?
[ external image ]Lets agree to disagree!

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 11:11

Ack, found a nasty flaw in the way I rebuilt the bases. I know what the problem is (a simple <= instead of < in a while loop!) I just need to make sure there are no others.
--
Look, no SIG!

Dark_Knight
x3tc

Post by Dark_Knight » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 09:37

Thanks for the reply.
[ external image ]Lets agree to disagree!

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 20:21

question: is it possible to purchase a pirate buster? (need one for spacefly hunting and don't wanna cap one yet in my new game).

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:40

ANY More word on the fix for the CTD when entering sectors with pirae bases? perhapse a temp fix?

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 06:11

would be nice...for now i have my albatross and elephant destroying some so i can dock at the newly respawned ones (with the script off for now)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”