[SCRIPT] Mobile Mining / Mineral Collection Software v3.21 [UPDATED 26/8/07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Is this script....

5 - Excellent
65%
4 - Good
27%
3 - Average
7%
2 - Poor
1%
1 - Awful
1%

Total votes: 105

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Dead on the Money...

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 10. Jul 06, 16:28

Thanks for the Help.... You were correct... I guess everybody wants to get paid :).

And for the record... You were VERY Clear on this - I just completely missed it!!!

Thanx Again!!!
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 15:01

Possible game bug:
Work on the "Attack Rocks" script is showing Ion disruptors breaking rocks OOS. I'll check this again and if confirmed a work round will be added to both scripts to prevent this exploit.

sage023

Post by sage023 » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 04:12

Bunny,

I just installed your script tonight, and am having some trouble with it. I am using the Steam version, 1.4.03.

I was able to get two Mercury's running, one connected to an ore mine, and another connected to a silicon mine, going on the Collect Minerals command. The problem is that they will go to the sector, CSW, and break up rocks, but never collect anything. I've trailed behind them, and made sure that the rocks are collectable, but they never pick anything up.

I've also gone OOS and watched their freight, nothing changed. I left it this way running in SETA for about 10 minutes, now there are lots of collectable rock chunks.

I've looked into the ship actions. They will say 'killing' with target of 'ore' or 'silicon', destroy the rock, then action 'none' for a brief time before going to killing again.

I've read all I could on this, as far as I can tell everything should be working. I put in an adv. sat., the station has money, they are homed on their respective stations...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sage

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 12:40

A ship will break up to 30 groups of rock before switching to collecting them. This can keep the ship busy for quite some time.

Try stopping the software and restarting. The ships should see the collectabe fragements right away, select collect mode, and go directly for them.

One other thing about OOS. Equip the ship with a PAC rather than IRE. A single IRE takes ages to break rocks OOS.

Hope this helps

script description has been updated for clarity

Code: Select all

-Ship alternates between collecting and mining rocks. 
[EDIT 2-8-06] When the ship begins breaking rocks it will continue to do so for ~1-2 game hours to stockpile them. After that it will switch back to collecting them until the supply is again exhausted. 
[EDIT]
A supporting fighter using the attack rocks command will allow the TS ships to concentrate on collecting rocks rather than breaking them

sage023

Post by sage023 » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 22:54

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

It's working now, apparently I was very close to the freighters picking up rocks on their own. After about a minute human time they started collecting. I didn't have to change anything.

I think making the user aware of the time delay before collecting is probably a good idea. I left SETA on for probably 20min OOS, and then another 10-15min IS, human time, which as I understand is about 5 hours gametime. That's why I was so surprised about the lack of collection, and thus asked you.

I also have installed your attack rocks script, which is working great.

Again, thanks for the help, and for the scripts.

-Sage

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 18:49

Version 2.16
- Ships can now deploy satellites
- Turret commands are now automatically switched off when the script is started
- The ship now more frequently switches between collecting and mining

&

Ion disruptor exploit fixed
Last edited by Bunny on Tue, 8. Aug 06, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Overfeind

Post by Overfeind » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 11:52

i was wondering does my homebase have to be a base i own ?

do you think that somehow a sort of aditionl script can be added if not supported that will check in a certain sectors (kinda like a sector trader does) for the best selling price for collected ore types and sell when a base is selling for a certain amount (maybe even make this a optional amount set by the player) to the best place and also take their "cut" out of the selling price (maybe require trade software mk2 or mk3) dont know bout anyone else but im haveing a tough time starting out getting a base kinda was hopeing this script would help me make some starting cash :P

(had to edit cause my keyboards crap atm waiting on my g15 :P)

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 18:34

The homebase has to be a station you own. The mobile miner is acting as a supply ship.

However, I have started out again and see what you mean about this limitation being annoying. So... I'll see how a trading option can be built in.

Overfeind

Post by Overfeind » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 21:08

i think that would be a cool feature as i have started over and over about 10 times (Game froze due to a mod with a error and im still getting used to it :P)
but as of right now i just have been going into a sector letting my ship mine and then checkign the ship status ever 15 mins then when its full i have to search around for the best buyer and hope my ship gets there before its supplied hehe

but with that tradeing feature i would prob try to run about 4 miners and set them all to seprate Sectors (aka dumping/selling zones) and i think it would b a nice way to make $ for beginers.

hanks for responding btw nice to see a game where modders actually are active making mods :P

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 21:23

Thank you for your script, it sounds like the kind of thing which would make my life a lot easier.

As a courtesy I have taken the liberty to upload a mirror for you, as you are currently making use of 'free fileshare' sites which show loads of popups and can generally be a bit of a pain. (Spyware :/ )

BMS v2.16
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 14:49

Fine by me, anyone wants to host just go ahead.

Maybe I get around to getting decent online storage eventually.

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 16:58

My pleasure. :-)
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 10:31

Update BMS V2.34

The script has been extended to include a trading mode.

Trader miners now offer a reasonable income at the start of the game before the player has enough cash to buy a lot of sector traders. The nice thing is that later on the ships can then be switched to supply mode as player starts building factories that require minerals.

Supply Mode
The ship delivers only to its homebase. Identical behaviour to script version 2.16

Trader Mode
The ship will look to deliver to a station within a 1 jump range of the collection sector. It will deliver to NPC as well as player factories. Upon resuming collection it will check the local market for which mineral is most in demand and concentrate on just collecting that type. The pilot will take a 10% cut of the money made on a delivery to NPC facilites (the standard charge is used when delivering to player factories.)

How do I select which mode the script runs in?
Trader mode is activated by either not having a homebase or setting it to a station that does not use minerals, such as a SPP or cattle ranch etc. The only difference this makes is in where the money gets sent (player account or base)

Supply mode is set by having a home base that uses minerals as a product or resource. This means that all your ships that were running script version 2.16 will continue to function as before

The script will automatically switch mode if the homebase is changed

Notes on Trader mode
1. The ship will only look for factories in sectors that contains at least one player ship/sat/ factory i.e. is visible
2. The ship will supply to the factory with the highest demand. It does not check prices.
3. Be careful to not saturate the mineral market. Too many Traders miners will cram full every available factory in range.
4. Nividium is not collected or sold in trader mode - use supply mode to collect it.

Testing showed that 7 Mercuries in Home of Light would happliy supply the market in Argon Prime and Red Light.

As always, the script will automatically upgrade on all ships when the new files are installed.
Last edited by Bunny on Wed, 30. Aug 06, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 17:27

one of my personal favorite scripts.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 21:09

Definiatly gonna give the new version a try

AcidB
x3

Post by AcidB » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 20:10

Hey, greetings.

Ive tryed this script at weekend but my ships didnt do anything. Nether my caiman miner is collecting ore nor my m3 is attacking asteriods. What did i wrong? Ive installed every need components at the ships, im able to give the orders, but the ships were doing nothing...ok nothing is a bit to strong. My orecollecters were flying directly in to the deep of the univers. after 2 or 3 ingamehours by letting them alone, ive founded out that the oreminers were fare fare away from the middle of the sector, about 150 till 200km. What did they do there? And my oredestroyer m3 was still sitting in the middle of the sector, sometimes it flews short around but most it did nothing.

Uhm did i forgot something? I dont think so....

Acid

PS: you see, im from ger. this is my best english i can give you, i hope youll understand what i mean

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 10:00

Some questions:

Which sector are you trying to mine?
Do you have any satellites in the sector?
What type of scanner do the ships have?
Are the mobile mining ships running as traders or just supply ships?

The fact that the ships are flying off into deep space indicates they are desperately searching for rocks.

Last question, are you using the latest version?

[EDIT] When you mean asteroids, you mean the rocks that do not appear on the scanner right?

Here are details about how the script looks for rocks
1. Use scanner, if none found
2. Use satellites, if none found
3. Make a small random move and use scanner, if none found
4. Make a large random move and use scanner

AcidB
x3

Post by AcidB » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:41

Ok lets go deeper in detail.

Ive bought the caiman miner, installed the triplex scanner and the jumpdrive, all trading softwares, lets say it short ive installed everything.

My miningsector is the sector to the right from trantor (Elenas Glück in german).
Nope, i didnt installed any sats in this sector.
The miner was running as a supplyer.

Yes with asteroids i ment mineable rocks.

The problem is still existing(there).

Acid

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 10:26

Okay I'll try to replicate the problem tonight.

For now I'd suggest throwing a satellite in there near the rocks (check that they have the mineral type required by your station)

Since the M3 is not attacking rocks I think the ship is not seeing them and performing random searches.

AcidB
x3

Post by AcidB » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 19:51

OK ill try it later.

Thx man.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”