[ALPLUGIN] Xenon Migration V1.40 : Update 09/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you find this script ?

5. Excelant
63%
4. Good
20%
3. Ok
9%
2. Poor
No votes
1. Terrible
1%
Not my thing
6%

Total votes: 139

Poundra
x3

Post by Poundra » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 08:30

i have an update ready, ftp://cycrow.allsoftstudios.com/XenonMi ... 1.2007.spk

I think this link is broken.
Does anyone a have a copy of this version I can download?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 20:42

it will be on my main server too soon, and the main page will be updated. This should be done by tonite

Exploding_pants

Post by Exploding_pants » Sun, 21. Jan 07, 21:01

I don't know if it was the script or X3 itself but omicron lyr and nyana hideout have been completely wiped offf the map. I hit extreme one night and have since disabled it. suffice to say the group consisted of a carrier and 20+ other ships. I don't mind now, cause now i have two empty sectors to build in.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 12:54

ok, the update is available from my main site now, first page has been updated

narn
x3

Post by narn » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:31

I just wanted to thank you again for making this script, I modified it so the invasions happen every 60 seconds on extreme mode and the entire right quadrant of the universe is almost completely Xenon, LOL. Also with a few other scripts that I have moded for more invasions the core sectors and original universe is under constant attack from Kha'ak and Xenon. Im fighting for my life, and the universe is slowly being conquered. It’s perfect.

Just one question, when are you going to release your Kha'ak script so I can add that for ultimate destruction and a real challenge?

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 01:38

Is there only a specific area the Xenon tend to travel through?

I play close to 4-5hrs a day, I installed the script about 3 days ago, and I have not seen any Xenon in ANY of the Paranid sectors. I have the difficulty set to medium.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 02:13

paranid sectors are unlikly to have xenon, as theres no xenon sectors close to paranid space.

its xenon migration, as in they migrate from one xenon sector to another. To they will only be on a path between 2 xenon sectors

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 02:31

Ahh ok.

I'll look forward to your Kha'ak invasion script ;)

esse
x3

Post by esse » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 23:10

EDIT:
Never mind what this used to say. It just took a bit of searching, I've found the buggers.

Man, 3 Xenon LXs, 2 Xenon Ls and 4 Xenon Ms is a tough go for my lonely Nova...
Last edited by esse on Mon, 19. Mar 07, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 23:14

what level did u set the scirpt too ?

also, how long did u wait, it will take awhile before ships start to appear. and when they do, it will take them time to fly out of the xenon sectors. So u might just need to give it more time

esse
x3

Post by esse » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 23:24

Cycrow wrote:what level did u set the scirpt too ?

also, how long did u wait, it will take awhile before ships start to appear. and when they do, it will take them time to fly out of the xenon sectors. So u might just need to give it more time
Hi Cycrow. Yeah, I edited my last post: I've set the script to medium, and found some baddies in Black Hole Sun. Thanks...cool script!

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 23:42

OMG...I don't know what parameters your script uses (fighter rank, etc), but when these Xenon come and play, they stay!! They don't just simply move from one sector to another. Them seem to circle around an entire sector before leaving...assuming they even leave.

One example was in Treasure Chest. I bought 5 Mercuries at Omicron, and sent them to get their jumpdrives. They got destroyed at Treasure Chest. I didn't have a sat there, so after about 10 or 15 minutes, I finally flew over there to see if there were any pirates. To my surprise, there was a K, LXs, Ls, Ms, a few Ps...I was like WOW. They were hovering (not dead just simply moving around that area) between the West and North gate. I was very surprised because it had been such a long time since my Mercuries were destroyed, I would have expected the area to be clean.

Well....my Ody made sure the area became clean :mrgreen:

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 20:43

Alright. I think I've found the best way to categorize this. :)

Easy: Better make sure your M3 is fully stacked to finish the job.
Medium: Your M7 will last.... a few minutes. But at least you'll take down about 20 of them before it's time to use your jumpdrive.
Hard: It's time to call in the big guns.
X-Treme: Make an alliance with the Kha'ak.

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 21:24

lol at Flybyes' description :D

but yes, lots of fun, though could i ask, where is the code that sets the time intravel? i would like to speed it up so that they can do some REAL damage to the AI races lol

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 22:07

its in the main AL script that calls the plugin.

the time is alreayd pretty low, but as there are a few sectors, they get spread out abit.

i wouldn't increase the time too much however, as it will cause the script to coninuiesly create ships, which will play havoc with your frame rate

jonzrx
x3tc

Invincible ships-again

Post by jonzrx » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 16:12

Cycrow,

Any update on a fix for this problem? Someone has given me a tip for a workaround but obviously it would be nice if we could get rid of the little bu**ers permanently :lol:

As an aside, thanks for all the scripts. I'm using quite a few of yours (Guild Pack, Xenon Migration, Advanced Jumpdrive, etc.) and they do make a real difference to the game. It's almost impossible not to find something to do on the BBS's, whereas before it was often the other way round!

Jon

xalien
x4

Re: Invincible ships-again

Post by xalien » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 16:29

jonzrx wrote:Cycrow,

Any update on a fix for this problem?
You should have probably specified what exactly is this problem :roll:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 21:53

as i've mentioned previously, the latest version should be fixed.

but u just have to make sure u turn of the plugin so it can remove any of the ships that already exists.

the only problem is that some of the ships might not be removed, because basically the game wont let them be removed. The script does have a work around when trying to removing them, but it might not work on all of them

agleave
x3tc

Xenon Invasion

Post by agleave » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 10:46

Hi Cycrow,

Any news yet on your possible "Xenon Invasion" script? You mentioned it quite a number of months ago now, not sure if you ever got it off the ground?

AG.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 15:51

i have started work on it, but its being fairly slow as i havn't had much time to do it

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”