[ALPLUGIN] Xenon Migration V1.40 : Update 09/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you find this script ?

5. Excelant
63%
4. Good
20%
3. Ok
9%
2. Poor
No votes
1. Terrible
1%
Not my thing
6%

Total votes: 139

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 01:16

thats basically what happens yeah, they migrate from the xenon station to another xenon sector, when they arrive they will be removed.

the reason its in beta is to test the long term effects on the number of ships that are in the universe and if it causes it to slow down ;)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 04:06

Yeap, in my game nianas hideout, omycron lyrae, treasure chest and black hole sun have been completely wiped out. (even with race response fleets enabled).

Also, a Xenon K caused some havoc in a complex i have in the unknown sector right to montalar.. Since they seem to go from the top Xenon sector of Ianamuz Zura to Xenon Sector 101...

I had no other choice but to invade them and Kill their station there.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 10:11

Its great when one script can co-exist in a way with another script causing a unexpected bonus to game play.

Like RACE RESPONSE and this...
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 11:27

Cycrow wrote:well, they dont attack sectors, they simply travel from one sector to another, unless they are attacked ;)

changing the time is easy enuf, just edit the al.xenon.main file and change the time for the AL plugin
If they don't attack sectors, would you then please explain to me why Black Hole Sun, Treasure Chest, Getsu Fune, Menelaus Paradise, Bluish Snout, Ocean of Fantasy, Hila's joy are all but destroyed at this point?

I only had the script running for about 4 hours ingame time and all stations except a few very outlying stations were utterly and totally obliterated!!!!

THEY ARE EMPTY!!!!

Btw. why don't i get any credits for the kills in sectors where i have a police license? could this not be changed, then the script would totally rule 8)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 11:58

what i ment, is that they dont start out to attack sectors, they just move from one to another.

however, if they are attacked, then they will stop migration and start attacking.

also they fly in groups, so if one member of the group is attacked, then the whole group will fight back, not jsut the ship thats attacked.

im not sure y you dont get credits, you should, afterall, they are just xenon so they are classed as enemies and should get notority and credits for killing them

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 12:05

Yipppee the Cylons ...I MEAN Xenon are on the offensive!

Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:33

Cycrow wrote: im not sure y you dont get credits, you should, afterall, they are just xenon so they are classed as enemies and should get notority and credits for killing them

Yep. Just like splatting them in an XI. You get the normal per ship reward of credits and a little rank.

The Split love me now. :)

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:50

fud wrote:
Cycrow wrote: im not sure y you dont get credits, you should, afterall, they are just xenon so they are classed as enemies and should get notority and credits for killing them

Yep. Just like splatting them in an XI. You get the normal per ship reward of credits and a little rank.

The Split love me now. :)
Then why don't i get the credits for killing them? I get the notoriety but no credits! Could it be because there are no stations in the sector and therefor the sector has no *real* owner?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:55

tthe sectors dont need staations to be the owner, check the owner race from the universe map, what ever it says there will be the owner.

do you get credits for killing pirates in those sectors ?
Last edited by Cycrow on Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:41

The K or J that move from one point to the other have their turrets orders to attack any enemies.. I dont know exactly what happens but once they kill something I believe they stick around and look for more..

Since they are enemies they will be attacked one way or another so.. no difference if they dont attack first or not.. its like they always do.

Thanks to my efforts nianas, omicron, treasure chest and black hole sun are finally building up.. I think I deserve a medal, I aloned wiped dozens of J's and K's a couple of Xenon Stations and reduce them to nothing but a few wings of fighters..

It seems Race Response Fleets are keeping up now.. but Im afraid they suck if Im OOS.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:45

ah the turrents would make sense.

i could jsut set them to not attack to start with
or do u think its better to leave them as they are ?

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:52

Can you set them up depending on what sector they are in ???.... perhaps have them in ATTACK mode for some and others not..

Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:58

wwhich sectors would you suggest having thier turretns enabled ?

or do u just mean for random sectors ?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 17:04

Strange, I've gotten the monetary bonus with them, as well as the rank. I kill a J, and get the "you got 10000 credits" message..

I've found that they rarely cruise thru a sector with any fair amount of ships/stations, and something doesn't take a shot at them and piss them off tho. As soon as one ship in the party takes an IRE shot to the hull, the whole convoy goes into "pissed off everything now dies" mode. I've seen 10-15 migrations, only one as made it to the second sector away from the starting point without being shot at.

Personally, I think they should be more aggressive. They are merciless aliens afterall. It'd just show they have balls freely traversing thru sectors and returning fire when fired at. Their intent isn't to be a secondary XI type thing, but they might have the tendancy to just say sod it, and start killing everything within range of their guns.

Neutering them would make it seem more like a turkey shoot. It seems more of a "living universe" to have them traveling around, and randomly pausing in a sector to hand it it's ass.

FWIW, I think the patrols should be bigger too. 2-4 J/K (max tho, and/or a combo of both) and a half dozen L/M/N and a few Ps. Make it a proper patrol/convoy.

:)

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 17:11

random if possible..... this would instill a sense of possible chuncks of danger and not provide constant barrage of lazer death from a to b.

Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 17:12

well, i didn't want to make them too big otherwise there might be too many ships in the universe.

but i could increase the time between spawns as well as the size of the convoys.

the thing about taking a shot causing the whole convery to attack, well its sposed to be like that, thats how i set it up ;)
they should also work together in a group rather than spliting up making it harder to divide thier forces

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 17:47

I've backed off the spawn time to 15 minutes. Every 60 seconds was a bit chaotic, even for me. :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 18:26

IMO the Xenon are the Xenon and they act like they act so their turrets shouldnt be touched.

On the other hand.. maybe 2 versions of this script should be released..

1 for people with Race Response Fleets

and

1 for people without above mentioned script withc much reduced lvl of migrations and ships moving around, specially capital ships.

In any case Race Response Fleets seem to be pretty much useless in certain situations when OOS against the Xenon (this could be looked into more thoroughly), even in the sector a shieldless K managed to kill a fully shielded Response Teladi Condor before blowing up. Not to mention if the K is shielded, virtually unbeatable by other npc's Id say.

In my game Ocean of Fantasy, Getsu Fune, etc are all ok.. its just nianas to black hole sun the ones obliterated but I didnt really know how it happened, just found that out when I checked a ship I had docked in there in an eq dock died.

Modifications I would really suggest, decrease the number of Wings with J's and K's travelling around, like I said, in my game these sectors from Nianas, to Black Hole Sun got fully obliterated and filled with dozens and dozens of Xenon that would not do anything but stay and try to kill everything.

So yes CYCROW; why not start with a slight decrease in capital migrations. Nothing too drastic so we can see the side effects differences. Wings of P's, L's, M's and N's should stay more or less the same to start with I think.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 09:04

Cycrow wrote:ah the turrents would make sense.

Maybe if you set the turrets for "missile defence" instead of "attack enemies" That would make a huge difference if the ships are only ordered to move from point A to point B

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 10:42

augustini wrote:
Cycrow wrote:ah the turrents would make sense.

Maybe if you set the turrets for "missile defence" instead of "attack enemies" That would make a huge difference if the ships are only ordered to move from point A to point B
That would fix it.. but whats the sense of roaming mortal enemies just wathcing the landscape as they pass by? Eventually they will get attacked by any hostile they come across so...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”