[PROGRAM] Ship Manager - Creator & Installer V1.91 : Update 28/02/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think about this program

5. Execellant
78%
4. Good
16%
3. Average
3%
2. Poor
1%
1. Terrible
1%
Not really my thing
1%

Total votes: 326

infuowers
x3

Post by infuowers » Mon, 29. May 06, 05:35

Cycrow, unless i am missing something, I believe your latest 1.10 release does not produce the shipcreator.spk file to enable installed ship names.
I would then enable this script through the script installer or via start menu but it is no where to be found!
I have used your previous versions successfully and I must say...very very nice work.

PS: I have successfully loaded a new game. When scripting in a ship the ships are again listed as readtext ids.

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Mon, 29. May 06, 05:59

hi liked the ships i am at present playing DDRS with Deadlyda,s and redspots mod its cool but they lack the ships on your front page can i download your ships onto this mod or is there a way i can extract ships from both onto a unick game so i can have it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol:
i,m not crazy just havent seen the sun for a while honest dont you think i have an honest face well do you, LOL deadly has all the starwars ships and you have the rest i love so can you help me
thanks
p.s by the way the others on this board that dident have a clue about mods scripts and code oh my! well i am much worse sorry but you seem very patient and nice
so if you cant help me thanks anyway.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 29. May 06, 16:01

Infuowers, not sure y the scripts arn't showing up on the startmenu, did you check the in programs directory ?
where the exe file is found.

if you cant find them, you can download them from here
http://x3.ircwhore.co.uk/ShipCreator.spk

Clive, if you want to use all the xsp ships with the DDRS mod, then its pretty simple to do.
in the Ship installer, set the base mod as DDRS, then just install the ships you want. Then the program will merge all the new ships with DDRS.

skywalker3000
x3tc

Ddrs Mode + New Ships

Post by skywalker3000 » Mon, 29. May 06, 19:26

Hi, i try this since 3 days to get new Ships in the DDRS Mod, no chance for working. The ships are in the mod, but you cant use them and all other ships are the cokpits are destroyed and cant fire anymore.

anyone have a idea ? i have the german version of X3, is this maybe the problem ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 29. May 06, 20:17

what do you mean by you cant use the ships ?

if you using DDRS, you set that as the base mod, then any extra ships you install will be added into the mod.

the only problem with using the german version is that you need to make sure you have the german text file so the names are correct, if any of the ships have a german name, then a german text file will be created, otherwise you'll have to copy it yourself. In the next version there will be an option for the program to do this for you anyways

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Mon, 29. May 06, 21:30

Sorry for my English;

I used the ddrs-mod as basemod and the ships are added to the mod and i start with the shipcreator mod after that is done.

But : all the normal ships are damaged by graphic errors and cant fire anymore, the cockpits are full of graphic errors.

The added ships cant be found on the shipslist under the given name only under some names for other parts of the game.

but the problem is still the damaged ships graphics, cant use any of them.

have you try by yourself if this is working for you with the ddrship mode ?

It works without the ddrs mod without the problems.
Last edited by skywalker3000 on Mon, 29. May 06, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 29. May 06, 21:39

i've not tryed it

ill try it out and c if its working for me

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Mon, 29. May 06, 22:09

hi was wondering what to do next??

i installed the ship installer and it comes up in a large box like this

Install Directory : C:/Programfiles/deepsilver/X3 Reunion

base Mod : DDRS ShipStation Mod V2.3.3

ship Author Version Enabled

viper balogt 1.10 yes

i was wondering if i just simply click on the ship and press install ?
do i have to start another game or play on a saved one and where will the ships spwan?
thanks

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Mon, 29. May 06, 22:29

i looked in the mod package part of the x3 startup panel and it said in it
shipinstaller so i clicked on it and found that the game played but i was inside the model of my ship :?

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Tue, 30. May 06, 01:37

I play DDRS as well and also have the 'stuck inside my ship' problem...this is a step in the right direction because before I couldn't see the ships...now I see them from the inside. :)
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Tue, 30. May 06, 11:14

well its nice to know i am not alone and am actually learning things can any reckcomened a mod to add these ships too so i can have two seperate games until i can get them all into the ddrs mod or some kind of mix mod i just want to use the ships i love the look of them and congrats to the designers on both mods very talented people not forget cycrow and redspot for the scripts sorry if i left anyone out ( feel like i am at the oscars) :lol: :lol:

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Tue, 30. May 06, 11:33

I also have the problem of being stuck inside my ship with ddrs 2.3.3, such a shame, because I really want to buy and fly a battlestar.

I am guessing it is something to dowith cockpits ?
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. May 06, 14:06

what ships are you having problems with ?

im going to test it with the new version to c if its working fine

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 30. May 06, 14:35

Great Tool Cycrow!

I cant wait to add ships to my game..

One noob question, will the npc's use this ships? where can I find them once i m playing?

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Tue, 30. May 06, 14:53

Cycrow wrote:what ships are you having problems with ?

im going to test it with the new version to c if its working fine
I am guessing that DDRS 2.3.3 and cockpits dont work too well together, but I generally fly a DDRS Thor, but just about every ship I spawned and jumped into had the same issue including the Balogt Viper Mk2.
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. May 06, 14:56

is it using the cockpit mod too ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.20

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. May 06, 17:36

v1.20
* Improved handling of mod files
* Creates mod on the fly, so no more waiting when program closes
* Added multi-language
* Added option to auto create text files for set language

Ok a new version available.
i've also tested it with DDRS and cockpit callback, and had to problems with it.

Ezra-r: the ships are added to shipyards depending on how they are setup, the creator can select which shipyards they are created in, and the NPC's will use them if they are added to shipyards

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 30. May 06, 18:50

Firsty: Absolutely terriffic work. This has been needed for so long.

Something I would enjoy seeing added (realizing that issues like making it work with the cockpit mods are far higher priority) is the ability to actually edit the ship data (tships, etc) of the individual ship from within the program.

I know this can be done be importing it, modifying it with the X3 editor, then exporting it (or manually tampering with the tships file), but it would be nice to pull down a ship and tweak it prior to import.

Krim
x4

Post by Krim » Tue, 30. May 06, 20:27

Great work Cycrow :thumb_up:

I use DDRS and have no problems :D and have all ships added.

the trick is to run ddrs as an false patch, just rename the .cat and.dat files from ddrs and put them in the game folder, then the problem is solved

like this:

Dat+Cat files
01-07 =Egosoft
08 = Ddrs

and the run the standart mod (Shipcreator) like any other mod

Now if some one can tell me how to merge xtended and ddrs, then that would be cool (or just how to get the m7's into ddrs)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. May 06, 21:00

u shouldn't even need to use DDRS as a fake patch, you can set that as the base mod, and the program will merge them.

one wway to merge DDRS and Xtended would be to extract the ships from one of them and use the ship installer to install them into the other

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”