[SCRIPT] Ship Repair Facility by XaiCorp.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 15:38

Well...whatever works for you, is what you should do of course.

I find that having a place to send the damaged ships in my fighter wings is quite useful.

I keep an inventory of repaired ships in my HQ, and then when one of the fighters protecting a freighter get too heavily damaged, I can send it back to the HQ for repair, and send out a replacement.

When I capture ships, I tend to send them to the nearest station, where I can have them wait until I make a round of "pickups" in my Cetus. Once the hanger on my TL is full, I then drop off the damaged ships off next to my HQ so they can dock and be repaired.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 16:08

In an old game called Hardwar, damaged AI ships would fly to the nearest repair shop to be fixed for a nominal fee, the more damage the more they spent on repair. I made quite a bit of money with police and pirate dogfights outside my hangars, damaged ships would run for it if crippled and run to my hangar for repairs.

i'd love to see a script like this, damaged ships would run to the nearest ship yard of station fitted with a repair facillity and for a player controlled fee the station would fix the ship using nano tech.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 16:18

Moggy2

This is by far the best stand alone script I have used yet!

Thanks!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 17:25

So far I have planned to use this like DeadlyDa does.

Maybe some fighter wing -wiz out there could make a script that turns a trade station into a fighter base that could control a sector by automatically sending wings to take out detected enemies. Coupled with this, that would turn trade stations into a real way to project control over space, and turn the usefulness of this script to another level.

Serial Kicked - are you reading this ;)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 16:10

When I install the SRF script do not appear any "install brochure" in the PHQ(DDRS) station command menu. But when I install the AMT the command appears. When I click on it appears a window asking me to change products of the station. Seem that mix up with the command station "change product". I have installed the SUF to as per instruction said. :? :? :? What I,m doing wrong? Also I,m using Cycrow intaller script.

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 16:28

Puruco

I believe you need scripts "Station Command Suite" and "Stations Upgrade Framework" for this to work.

I'm running this with DDRS too. Works ok. I don't reccomend using with the ship building staion. Try a standard space dock or trading station. It seems to try and fix ships being built. I suspect it may try and fix ships being blueprinted but I aint tried that.
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 17:58

Mobuj wrote:Puruco

I believe you need scripts "Station Command Suite" and "Stations Upgrade Framework" for this to work.

I'm running this with DDRS too. Works ok. I don't reccomend using with the ship building staion. Try a standard space dock or trading station. It seems to try and fix ships being built. I suspect it may try and fix ships being blueprinted but I aint tried that.
Thanks Mobuj, I don't have the SCS :oops: (sorry). About DDRS PHQ station Deadly said he is using it in his HQ some post above. Now I'm confuse. :?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 18:15

About DDRS PHQ station Deadly said he is using it in his HQ some post above. Now I'm confuse.
It works...but you'd better have a good source of materials...since there are some resource "overlaps".

I never thought about the repair logic accelerating the ship building :!:

I have two stations in my test setup, both building ships, and repairing ships...ships get built, and ships get repaired...so I never really thought much about any possible interaction (other than feeding the station heaps of resources).

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 19:08

Mobuj wrote:Puruco

I install the SCS and still have the problem. :x :evil:

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 19:19

Only one thing I can think of. Use the Cycro installer to download and install the latest versions of the scripts. I find the versions on the Xai website don't always have the latest file, but the ones the installer gets are. :?:
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 22:39

Mobuj wrote:Only one thing I can think of. Use the Cycro installer to download and install the latest versions of the scripts. I find the versions on the Xai website don't always have the latest file, but the ones the installer gets are. :?:
Ok, I will try that. Let you know.

Deadly: Thanks.

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 02:30

Looks like an excellent idea and script.

Re. the discussion on cost of repair, why shouldn't it be cheaper to repair things yourself?:? In real life, if you have the skills to build/repair things yourself, it is usually cheaper than getting someone else to do it(assuming you really know what you're doing). I think there should be some monetary advantage to repairing things yourself. One still has to bear the cost of the resources and getting them, which is not necessarily any small task. The monetary advantage doesn't have to be huge.

I run the XFP mod currently, and there are a lot more shipyards available, so unless there is some other kind of advantage, I probably wouldn't use it in this mod. Especially if it's going to cost more.

Otherwise, for other mods (or lack thereof) it would be very useful, and I would probably use it. :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 02:56

I have installed this along with the FrameWork and the Upgrades and I dont get it in the brochure list.. I can buy the Variable price and inbound ships but the option for the repair facility does not appear.

I have the 3.1.1 version installed.

I also submitted the bug to your web page.

Keep up the good work!

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 04:12

iirc there was, or maybe still is, an issue with the way it initialises. It may take 2 game reloads for it to install correctly if the framework is installed at the same time.

I though I'd fixed that though. :?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 13:22

I have loaded a few times, and still nothing, still trying :P

Tried with 3.1.0 before and I got the message that it loaded but in the brochure I got "Readtext message" so I tried with 3.1.1.. but its not loading..

Like I said, still trying :)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 18:50

Hmmm...maybe it's something to do with the order in which the individual packages are installed.

It's working for me ATM.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 21:04

Will I screw anything if I unload then install the framework, save, exit, install the upgrades, save, exit, install the repair facility?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 21:12

don't think so

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 13:27

Still not working..

all this was with the .spk install

After much desperation I installed the .zip files (which are in date older than the ones the .spk leaves) but no luck! :(

Any clues? any ways to force the initialization of this script?

Please help, I really want to use this script.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 14:30

The same problem happend to me and I mention some post ago. I konw that the script function, at least for Deadly. It is possible that other script may interfere wit this one?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”