[SCRIPT] Xai Corporation Station Command Suite

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Faethor Ferenczy
xr

Post by Faethor Ferenczy » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 08:43

That worked, thanks

JTWibble
x3tc

Post by JTWibble » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 01:53

I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 10:09

JTWibble wrote:I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.
Are you sure that the script editor is enabled ?
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 10:22

This reminds me of SMS, good work XAI, now I can leave my stations alone...
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 15:40

JTWibble wrote:I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.
There should be one command, Install new Software
My tests show it all working properly.

It sound's like it's all installed properly. If you still can't see that command I'll have another look.

voxol
x3

Post by voxol » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 20:23

I got an idea:

How about logging stats to a log file in XML format, then have seperate program you can run in windows that will parse the file into html/javascript and display nice graphs and whatnot in a web browser.

I don't think it would be that difficult to implement, and would be unbelievably useful (for me anyway).... especially if you have a second computer hooked up to local network displaying stats realtime.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 20:51

there's always XUStats. I don't know exactly what it's capable of.

I did think about something similar for station logging, etc. But, although it's relatively 'simple', it does involve a lot of work. I don't have time to do it all myself, but if someone else wants to work on it I'll halp where I can.

JTWibble
x3tc

Post by JTWibble » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 10:46

I've got LV Cheats scripts so I don't know if that is using the command slot Xai uses, is there a way to add the software to the station, perhaps using the Add Ware command?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 14:31

JTWibble wrote:I've got LV Cheats scripts...
The cheat scripts are causeing a conflict with the following cmd slot :

Code: Select all

<t id="1163">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_63</t>

You need to use the cmd to install the software. moggy may be able to tell you "what" to run to install the software manually, but it would require pokeing in the script editor to run one. :)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 16:24

uninstall the cheat scripts. No scripts maintain compatability with the Cheat scripts pack.

if you want to poke around in the script editor. Find setup.Xai.SUF, highlight it and press r. then select null
that'll reinitialise just the station upgrades framework which is what's clashing.

JTWibble
x3tc

Post by JTWibble » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 20:55

All working now - However the inbound ships report says "ReadtextReadtextReadtext" with some numbers here and there.

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 07:46

I think there is a conflict between this and the Xtended Mod.

When I run the Report Incoming Ships, I also get the ReadText stuff.

But when I installed the other commands, rather than one of the Price Commands, I got a command for Build Ships, which when chosen, asked me if I wanted to build E-Cells or Crystals...

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 09:36

Mad Hatter wrote:I think there is a conflict between this and the Xtended Mod.

When I run the Report Incoming Ships, I also get the ReadText stuff.

But when I installed the other commands, rather than one of the Price Commands, I got a command for Build Ships, which when chosen, asked me if I wanted to build E-Cells or Crystals...
Dunno about readtext but this script uses command slot STATION_37 and that is also used by the Xtended Mod, there's also a conflict with LV's cheats but moggy has already stated that compatibility with cheat scripts is obviously not maintained.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 10:13

Thx for this great script, moggy! But is this really the case? Is it not compatible with the Xtended mod??? I need this script.

Could you please make a humble traders day by saying it will be sorted out :wink:

Thx a million

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 14:47

I think I've fixed the readtext error.

I don't know about any conflict. According to the resource list nobody else is using the command slot. I can't really change it to another one if they're haven't got all the commands listed. I may just end up clashing with another of theirs which would be a waste of my time.

If there really is a clash you'll have to petition then to change it, or do it yourself.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 15:13

moggy2 wrote:I think I've fixed the readtext error.

I don't know about any conflict. According to the resource list nobody else is using the command slot. I can't really change it to another one if they're haven't got all the commands listed. I may just end up clashing with another of theirs which would be a waste of my time.

If there really is a clash you'll have to petition then to change it, or do it yourself.
I'm not saying the error is yours but the conflict is there: http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=conflictwf8.jpg

Apparently the Xtended Mod Team has used command slots that were already used by other scripters (or maybe they were already using that slot when you relesead your script and they didn't notice the problem). They also didn't register in the community scripts sticky all the command slots they're using, for example they are using slots COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_55 and COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_56 but those are considered free and ready to be used in the sticky.

EDIT: just checked and they also haven't registered slot COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_17.

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 16:01

Is it possible the .spk has got the problem? I just started with a clean install of X3, fresh .spk download, and did Report Incoming Ships and got the ReadText response.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 13:50

BlackRazor wrote:Apparently the Xtended Mod Team has used command slots that were already used by other scripters (or maybe they were already using that slot when you relesead your script and they didn't notice the problem). They also didn't register in the community scripts sticky all the command slots they're using, for example they are using slots COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_55 and COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_56 but those are considered free and ready to be used in the sticky.

EDIT: just checked and they also haven't registered slot COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_17.
Its just abit of old text left in the back end of one of the text files. :oops:

There shouldnt be any actual problem other than the command getting renamed.

Have removed the text in the upcoming patch.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 13. Aug 06, 17:31

Mad Hatter wrote:
Is it possible the .spk has got the problem? I just started with a clean install of X3, fresh .spk download, and did Report Incoming Ships and got the ReadText response.
Which version are you using?

The latest should be 1.3

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Sun, 13. Aug 06, 18:46

I had just downloaded the spk, so it should be the most recent version. I'll wait until the next Xtended patch and then try again.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”