[RELEASE] Custom ship MOBILE FORTRESS ver 1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 19:31

Thera wrote:Also I would suggest that you alter it ti a BBS advert for the location co-ordinates where the ship could be found when you reach a certain combat ranking.
How about a BBS message mentioning rumor of an unoccupied supership existing somewhere beyond Khaak space. The initialization script would add a jump gate into a Khaak sector from a hard to find remote location. Based on clues found through the BBS, your job as treasure hunter would be to locate the jump gate, search/survive the Khaak sector for another jump gate that would put you into an empty sector wherein you would finally find the fully armed Fortress and some other goodies. All this could be done without editing the standard galaxy; because such sectors already exist in the game (though some of them currently have no jumpgate accessability).

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 20:01

Observe wrote:How about a BBS message mentioning rumor of an unoccupied supership existing somewhere beyond Khaak space.
That sounds great! at least it wont be as much a cheat then just getting it free! :P

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 20:52

apricotslice wrote:
Thera wrote:The idea was to add some significance effort and cost to equiping the fortress. I did say initially, not permanently.
Actually, this is one of those purchases I'd prefer to come already kitted out.

But then, I find the whole process of having to scour the universe to fit out one ship a bit silly. There should be a one stop shop, that orders in what you want. But then, thats just me. And I complex build everything I need.

Try Stevio's Weapons dealer script,it installs a station where you find all the equipment... :wink:
X2 STATS:AoA 1th Grade
Proud NOVA,CENTAUR,ZEUS,K,Oddy PILOT

X3 STATS ??
Nova Vanguard,Elephant,centaur,colosseus Owner
Current trading rank : Master Industrialist
Current Combat rank: Warlord
The only hope in my universe

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 23:30

Just leave it the way it is. This is a great mod but not everyone wants to follow a plot or storyline to obtain something superior like the Fortress.

The docking and undocking of caps works terrific now. Thanks Observe :thumb_up:
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 00:41

Thanks Captainfred! I'm happy to hear that this ship is working for you, and the new release has fixed the docking problem. I appreciate the feedback. :)

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 01:04

Observe wrote:Thanks Captainfred! I'm happy to hear that this ship is working for you, and the new release has fixed the docking problem. I appreciate the feedback. :)
Yes, It's the first time that I've seen two Titans dock in unisom. What a sight!! Unbelievable view. I wish I had taken a piccie of it.

One thing though how useful are the BFAA. They only see to have an impact if other ships are very close approx 2 km.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Nikek Notlad
x3

Post by Nikek Notlad » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 16:52

For some reason this is not working properly for me - can I check that I am doing things right.

The instructions say to rename the dat and cat files to 7 and 8? IS this right? Should they not be the same nimber? I currently have a 10.cat and 10.dat file in the root directory so I am assuming the fortress files should be renamed to 11.dat and 11.cat.??

Now, when I run the script file in the script editor a ship appears but it is nothing like the one in the screen shots. I don't know what it is but its not much bigger than a frieghter, has no sheilds, no weaps, doesn't move and looks a bit like a square water cannister??

So, what am I doing wrong?
Man is the dream of the dolphin

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 02:46

Nikek Notlad wrote: The instructions say to rename the dat and cat files to 7 and 8? IS this right? Should they not be the same nimber? I currently have a 10.cat and 10.dat file in the root directory so I am assuming the fortress files should be renamed to 11.dat and 11.cat.??

Now, when I run the script file in the script editor a ship appears but it is nothing like the one in the screen shots. I don't know what it is but its not much bigger than a frieghter, has no sheilds, no weaps, doesn't move and looks a bit like a square water cannister??

So, what am I doing wrong?
You can only do this once. 1.4 patch os 06.cat/06.dat
1.4.02 patch is 07.cat/07.dat.

The fortress mod should be 08.cat08.dat if you have 1.4.02 installed, otherwise it should be 07.cat/07.dat if your running 1.4.

If you put in an 09, anything that 09 has that 08 has will be overwritten. Likewise, if you use a mod in the \mod directory, anything in the mod that is the same as the numbered cats, will be overwritten.

So what you are seeing probably comes from the highest numbered file, or the \mod your using.

Most ship mods use a tships and tcockpits file. Each file overwrites the one before it. So only the last one will appear in the game.

The vast majority of mods are NOT compatible with each other. The issues are being addressed, but dont hold your breathe for a solution any time soon.

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 15:13

Excellent piece of work Observe! Looks a fantastic asset in hardware and a proud flagship for any major fleet.

I very much like the idea of it being posted on the BBS but just as a hint in some far off sector. Putting it in a far off Khaak sector would mean your goal would be to buy coordinates then try claiming it in all that fury! :) .
[ external image ]
Click the logo to see what we are up to.
Modding Guide V1.6

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 18:33

Genral scripting/moding question:

Is there any way to trick the game into allowing to turrets on the externally docked capital ships to function? Perhaps it can be done by using multiple ships mods (fortress) and a script to exchange them automatically depending on the number of vessel docked.

SpaceMonkey1119
x3

Post by SpaceMonkey1119 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 19:17

This ship reminds me of the ship from an old 3DO game called Space Hulk: Vengence of The Blood Angels. Except in that game the ship had what looked like an asteroid on the nose. Looks pretty cool though, good job.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 01:53

Thank you everyone for your feedback/comments/suggestions. I've been away the last couple of weeks - so I appologize for not being able to respond to the mod compatability and installation issues that have arisen. I'll be taking a look at all these things in the comming days to see how best some of these issues can be dealt with. As you know, there is an ongoing effort in our community to sort out this business of integrating mods.

Thagor
x3

Pictures

Post by Thagor » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 01:57

could u post some more pictures plz ? Especially of the rear part with 4 capital ships in place ... thx ;-)
AMD 4200+
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
ASUS Extreme N7800 GTX

Observe
xr

Re: Pictures

Post by Observe » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 08:30

Thagor wrote:could u post some more pictures plz ? Especially of the rear part with 4 capital ships in place ... thx ;-)
Well, how about you install the mod, and let us see some of your pics? :wink:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 08:36

How come a TL seems to dock internally ?

At least, I cant find it outside where I expected it to be.

I docked an elephant, its on the landed list, but no sign of it externally.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 16:53

apricotslice wrote:How come a TL seems to dock internally ?

At least, I cant find it outside where I expected it to be.

I docked an elephant, its on the landed list, but no sign of it externally.
TL's can not dock internally. They should be visible at the rear docking slots. I'm not sure why you are not seeing your ships.

I'll be doing a review of the FORTRESS with a POSSIBLE new release to coincide with the upcoming release of the community mod for independent ship designers.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Sat, 24. Jun 06, 19:38

will there be future compatability for this and DDRS? im trying to get it working with DDRS 2.34b but no luck so far

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 24. Jun 06, 19:50

Dark-Venom wrote:will there be future compatability for this and DDRS? im trying to get it working with DDRS 2.34b but no luck so far
Hi Dark-Venom. I'm very sorry but my further development and support for the Mobile Fortress has come to an end as I am exiting the modding scene as far as ship building is concerned.

My future activities with X3 will be from a programming perspective in terms of developing new tools and utilities for modders in order to further exploit possibilities that are not currently supported by existing tools.

You may find others, particularly within the Xperiment Fusion Project community who have my authorization to modify the Fortress should they be interested.

I'm not saying "never". I'm just saying "unlikely". :wink:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 24. Jun 06, 21:08

i may be taking this on at a later date once all my ships are working fine.

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Sat, 24. Jun 06, 23:08

killerog wrote:i may be taking this on at a later date once all my ships are working fine.
Good...I'd like to see this mod develop in the future, and killerog seems to have a specialty for very big ships :wink:
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”