Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:45

Big thanks to Saint-Ashley, who has updated the M6 extension commands for users of V2 and the Bonus Pack. Its also now allowing the M7 to also be used as a Mk3 trader.

Zip download is now on my HQ page.

Install over the top of existing scripts. The new version also replaces the original Egosoft file, so it no longer needs to be deleted.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 02:09

A problem has come up. Apparently the UT .pck isnt working, as the packing hasnt worked.

The download has been replaced, so if you got the new one already, please download it again.

The original instruction to delete the old file, now applies again.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 04:41

yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 06:47

Jakesnake5 wrote:yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Jake... Im haveing a hard time packing an .xml script to .pck... Thats why its in .xml for now... :oops: :cry:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 07:24

Saint-Ashley wrote:
Jakesnake5 wrote:yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Jake... Im haveing a hard time packing an .xml script to .pck... Thats why its in .xml for now... :oops: :cry:
Ah, easy to over come. Use Mod Manager to pack them, then use it to extract the files, but disable the decompression (checkbox). This will leave them in .pck state. (you'll be asked for Path, Keep Path and Decompression)

It's how I do my scripts.

I usually make a now mod file to do this with, so I don't have any extraneous items in it.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 07:36

Didnt think of that... I was using X2tool and gzip from the X2 modders kit...

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 07:38

I made a little help guide in the XFP forum:

Script Packing
[ external image ]

radarhazard
x3tc

Post by radarhazard » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 12:14

Hi, Apricotchaps! Tried it, it worked and it is good!. Nice to use trading commands with M6. Lots of enemies truly inconveneinced. Didn't lik losing Hyperion and M3+ ships. Hope this helps.
Here's to us!
Who's like us?
There's none like us,
And they're all dead.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 06:26

Version 2 of the Gunbus mod is now available for download.

Fully compatible with the X3 version 2 patches.

Contains 3 new ships, the tractor beam range mod, and allows all ship types other than m1 and m2 to act as an ST and UT.

It appears to be working fine for me, but let me know if you have any problems.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 01:19

Hello Apricotslice,

Just got back to playing my X3 and downloaded the V2.

I used cycrow to uninstall all of the old version and packaged the entire V2 mod and script files into a new spk.

I seem to be fine with my existing V1 gunbus and camels, but I can't find the new ships (colossus, mammoth) anywhere? The gunbus and camel are still the last items in the shipyard list. I see the scripts for them in the editor, do I have to manually run them to get them to activate?

I still have the gunbus and camel xsp's loaded from back in JAN07.

Am I missing something somewhere? Do I need to also load those new ship.xsp's from somewhere? Or does the mod include them and my original xsp's are making a conflict?

Also maybe not related and I just noticed, my Argon Shipyards all have 5 blank entries for 5192cr just above the gunbus and camel. I can order them and she says "transport ordered" but get an error message saying "trading not possible" as soon as I get the equip ship screen. There is no ship result sitting at the shipyard.

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 01:55

spoidz wrote:Also maybe not related and I just noticed, my Argon Shipyards all have 5 blank entries for 5192cr just above the gunbus and camel. I can order them and she says "transport ordered" but get an error message saying "trading not possible" as soon as I get the equip ship screen. There is no ship result sitting at the shipyard.
Very specifically related. Those are the 5 mod ships.

Uninstall the xsp's. You dont need those if you run the mod itself.

The blank entires would indicate that the t file isnt installed in the game. Which at a guess suggests that you didnt select the v2 mod before starting the game.

If you installed the mod from your own spk, double check that all the files have the correct paths on them and everything went into the correct place. Specifically check t\448686.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 05:02

Well, my bad, I went back and looked at my scripts in the manager and found that I have never used the mod before. Just the extended commands and the two xsp ships.

If I try to uninstall the two xsp ships (choose the mod instead of ship creator) it immediately deletes all my gunbus (including the one I'm in by exploding it) and camels. I can still recover my save with the mod enabled in manager but not selected in X3 and the xsp ships activated choosing the ship creator mod at load.

And no matter which way I've activated the mod (manager or manually paste) I still can't find the 448686 in the tfile.

I really don't want to lose my save, months and credits 1billion+.

I guess there isn't any manual way to enable that t-file is there?

Worst case I'll just have to forgo the new ships and wait until I really want to start a new game.

Thanks for the help

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 07:37

spoidz wrote:If I try to uninstall the two xsp ships (choose the mod instead of ship creator) it immediately deletes all my gunbus (including the one I'm in by exploding it) and camels. I can still recover my save with the mod enabled in manager but not selected in X3 and the xsp ships activated choosing the ship creator mod at load.

And no matter which way I've activated the mod (manager or manually paste) I still can't find the 448686 in the tfile.

I really don't want to lose my save, months and credits 1billion+.
the 448686 is in the mod itself, so to use it, you have to select the mod.

Dont uninstall the xsp ships then. Just try selecting the new mod. See if it runs ok on the save as it is. In theory, the 2 ships should be in the same slots and so the game should use them as is.

If that doesnt work, email me the file with the ship creator ships in it and let me look at it. (I havent used it myself). It may be possible to send you back a modified mod, that leaves your xsp ships as they are and puts the v2 mod after them. If the save file is under 10megs, send that too, so I can test it.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 11:15

Well I found a small workaround. My save is probably too goofy to get this working as it should just by loading per normal. All other normal attempts either nuke the V1s or CTD.

I decided to try extracting the new ships from your V2 cat and then install them directly with the ship installer. I also left in the V1 gunbus and camel. It worked.

So now I have all my V1 still in game as well as the new V2 models. This is with selecting only shipcreator mod to play and V2 mod deleted.

Even with the new V2 cat/dat completely removed, as far as I know, I still have the 5 blank entries in the shipyard but all the V1/V2 models are available below that.

I removed the V2 ship scripts and left in the V2 autotrade and V2 extended command scripts. (could be source of blanks?)

I just bought a V2 Gunbus and everything seems to be working so far, but I haven't run it as trader yet.

Don't want to waste anymore of your time, this seems to at least let me keep all my V1s and add V2s and load my current save(s). I'll settle for that much for now.

Thanks again for the support and the mods.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 16:25

Sorry to bother again, I realize I'm not using your mod as written, but I am still enjoying your ships.

I have been trying to move to XTM with my existing game, and I haven't been able to keep the Apricot ships using the X3converter on a new restart.

I've tried existing ship creator and also Cycrow's 2.0 beta.

The Apricot ships will load into an XTM restart (X3Vanilla 2.0.02, BalaGi, Bonus 3.1.06) no problem showing up in the shipyards. Can buy new ones no problem.

But all the existing save ships imported with X3converter are overwritten by XTM and turned into fighters with totally new stats.

By chance have you tried XTM and have you used your modded ships with it?

Worst case I will have to sell all my existing Apricot ships and re-buy them after XTM restart, but was wondering if there is any chance of keeping them.

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 02:22

I've actually done a mod for XTM, but I'm still waiting for beta feedback.

But whichever way you do it, the ships you have now will have to be sold and new ones either created or bought. I dont think there is any way around this.

The problem is that XTM overwrites the positions in the ship file and the position within the file is what the program uses to reder the ship from. By modding the shiops back to the end of the file either by a new mod or the ship installer, the slot in the file itself is changed, but the ships already in the game are not. This accounts for why the existing ships change.

I'd suggest you change ships to an ego ship. Save the fittings from your Apricot ships, destroy them, recreate them using the cheat create ships script, then put the fittings back on. Then choose what to do with extra fittings the create ship script will give you, either destroy them or use them as a bonus.

The download for the beta XTM version of the Apricot Mod is currently http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/Ap ... or_XTM.zip

It was done on someones request, but since I'm not running XTM, it has not yet been extensively tested, and so not released yet. It also includes a start save, so the download is the size of a save game, about 8mb from memory. Its designed to run as a mod, where XTM is a false patch (10), and the PHQ also is modified with the plans for the Apricot ships and more space and runs as a false patch after XTM (11).

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 03:01

Thanks for the help, I had just started on trimming the fleet on the chance that there was no way forward, looks like I will just continue and press on.

I will try your beta though as I learn a little bit everytime.

Luckily I have several archives that I can just copy each time to restart.

Thanks again and if you still want any beta feedback I'll send, otherwise I'll just press with re-fitting my fleet.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 05:52

Please post any feedback here. When someone can confirm that it works without major issues, I'll make the download available off the main download page.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 06:13

I noticed there wasn't a readme?

Will I run into the same problem as before, in that in order to load XTM you have to use the script installer, which if you use the new 2.0 installer will still require to select the installer as active mod. which means I won't be able to select the Apricot mod at the same time?

Have you ever entertained making the Apricot ships as a fake patch as well versus full mod?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 11:29

I guess I forgot to do a readme.

I didnt actually install XTM on my game. I downloaded the spk, then unpacked it into a different place (created a new directory, copied the X3 exe into it, then selected that directory to install the spk into). Under the directory structure there somewhere is the 10.cat/dat files of XTM and I moved them to X3 directory for testing my mod.

So I didnt see how the mod is installed normally.

I'm guessing, but if XTM installs into the /mods directory, then rename it as 10.cat/dat and copy into the X3 directory. The rest of the install should be ok. Then select my mod as the mod to use.

Yes, my mod can be installed as a false patch, but only AFTER XTM is installed as a false patch. eg. XTM would be 10, and Apricot would have to be 11, and my phq as 12 (if you use it). But I havent tested it that way. It wont work running my mod as a false patch and XTM as a mod, as xtm would then overwrite all of what my mod does.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”