Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 05:29

Streaks wrote:Is this a script or a mod?
Its currently under Ship "Commands and Other Scripts" in the scripts library.
Its correctly listed under the MODS section.

It is not however, as yet, compatible with the new patch. I plan to get that done over the xmas break, as real life has impinged on game time somewhat chronic recently.
I didn't think that you can't use a Trader Mk3 software with an M6.
The original script does not allow this, no. But the mod has this script modified so it can run on a M6. When I update the mod, I will also update the new script.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 07:52

Its correctly listed under the MODS section.
"M6 Commands Extention : Apricotslice allows M6 ships to use MK3 trading commands"

That's what I clicked, and it is under the "Ship Commands and Other Scripts"

I thought its just a script that allows M6 ships to use Mk3 trading commands, like the UT.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 08:02

Ah. If you go back to the OP, you will see the thread is for the mod, but the commands are downloadable as well. 2 sets of downloads.

The M6 commands are 2 replacement scripts. The trade3 script was updated in the bonus pack, but this is the older script, until I get time to do a new one.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 10:40

So what does it (the M6 commands extention) do?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 12:09

Streaks wrote:So what does it (the M6 commands extention) do?
Gives the M6 :

Trade 3 commands
Collect wares in sector command.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 15:26

If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

Its kinda confusing to keep track of all the scripts (unsigned and signed, and the future signed scripts). No one wants to install an unsigned script whose functionality has been included in one of the signed bonus packs.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 15:39

Streaks wrote:If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

Its kinda confusing to keep track of all the scripts (unsigned and signed, and the future signed scripts). No one wants to install an unsigned script whose functionality has been included in one of the signed bonus packs.
I have no idea what you are going on about.

These scripts predate the Bonus pack by a long time. If the Bonus pack has support for the M6, then just say so.

I personally ahvent had the time to load the Bonus pack yet, so I know the changes to that script only by the discussion it had in the other forum.

And if the Bonus pack put that functionality in, then I shall be very happy that these scripts are no longer needed.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 17:12

Streaks wrote:
If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

...so this is where this reply went.

Sorry apricotslice. I meant my post above to be a new thread in the X3 Scripts and Modding Forum. That's what I get for tracking AND replying to several of my (and other people's) posts and replies while reviewing and downloading several scripts.

I made a new thread in your thread, where I should have made it in the " New Topic"....I wonder what new thread I've posted then....

Again, sorry. My reply above wasn't meant for you. :oops: :oops: :oops:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 04:06

Thats a releif :)

spoidz
x3tc

Random loadout changes from save game load?

Post by spoidz » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 20:46

I seem to be getting some kind of corruption in this Mod. I have been using it since the Cycrow ship versions came up. I'm on 2.02 with ship creator and a few script manager loads (just civs, rocks, etc no other ship mods)

I am in a player Gunbus (centaur) and been working all day with towing mines around. Had a bad bump and had to reload save game.

When it came back up the ship info for weapons allowed has changed. Now I can't put the Tractor beam back on the front or rear turret, but i can now load Laser Tower weapons?

I get this same corruption some times when I start back up and buy a few more gunbus and their loadouts aren't the same as the ones I already have running.

Haven't heard this problem mentioned but once in the thread and was solved by a jump. haven't tried the jump yet but if that doesn't work, any other ideas to fix or avoid in future?

Thanks for the excellent mod!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 03:44

V2 added new ships. So any save game before v2 was installed that has extra mod ships in it, will conflict with the new ships file.

If you loaded the gunbus before v2, then there is a conflict happening. The mod hasnt been updated to v2 yet.

I would recommend you unload the gunbus, then reinstal the shiploader version. Same applies to any other shiploader ships you added, they will all be conflicted by v2.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:58

apricotslice wrote:Ah. If you go back to the OP, you will see the thread is for the mod, but the commands are downloadable as well. 2 sets of downloads.

The M6 commands are 2 replacement scripts. The trade3 script was updated in the bonus pack, but this is the older script, until I get time to do a new one.
I may look at that myself... As I want M6/M7's to be able to be UT's. I just checked to grab it for XFP if you updated it btw. :wink:

Edit : PM sent to Apricot. :)

spoidz
x3tc

Help Please

Post by spoidz » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:20

Well, I took your advice and uninstalled the Gunbus.xsp with the shipinstaller. And then reinstalled it. I didn't make any other adjustments. I hadn't played since my last saves late last night.

Now when I go back in all my last saves, including one auto, they seem to be corrupted.

As soon as I load from start screen, if the save runs at all, all i get is what looks to be the back end of my player gunbus and then it explodes and I get the End game screen. Also from the view, none of the Complex I just built appears to exist either.

My much older saves (in the same save folder) load fine, I am IS flying in my player gunbus.

Before I start troubleshooting, do you know if the "exploding ship" ship is a scripted behavior when game objects have been deleted? Would that be the indication of my gunbus having been deleted from somewhere else (files) and now the save game is destroying them all?

Thanks for any advice

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:27

spoidz, I suggest you bounce that one off Cycrow in the thread for the ship installer. I have no idea off the top of my head what might be causing that, but it could be caused by the ship installer moving the ship in the tships file and something not adjusting when loading the save. If so, then Cycrow is the person to figure out a way around it.

Sorry I cant help on that.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:34

Okay Thanks, I'll start there

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:45

Big thanks to Saint-Ashley, who has updated the M6 extension commands for users of V2 and the Bonus Pack. Its also now allowing the M7 to also be used as a Mk3 trader.

Zip download is now on my HQ page.

Install over the top of existing scripts. The new version also replaces the original Egosoft file, so it no longer needs to be deleted.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 02:09

A problem has come up. Apparently the UT .pck isnt working, as the packing hasnt worked.

The download has been replaced, so if you got the new one already, please download it again.

The original instruction to delete the old file, now applies again.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 04:41

yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 06:47

Jakesnake5 wrote:yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Jake... Im haveing a hard time packing an .xml script to .pck... Thats why its in .xml for now... :oops: :cry:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 07:24

Saint-Ashley wrote:
Jakesnake5 wrote:yes, .pck scripts will override .xml scripts. :D
Jake... Im haveing a hard time packing an .xml script to .pck... Thats why its in .xml for now... :oops: :cry:
Ah, easy to over come. Use Mod Manager to pack them, then use it to extract the files, but disable the decompression (checkbox). This will leave them in .pck state. (you'll be asked for Path, Keep Path and Decompression)

It's how I do my scripts.

I usually make a now mod file to do this with, so I don't have any extraneous items in it.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”