Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 03:47

For those interested, I'm having a serious go at doing this mod. Stay tuned.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 11:07

This call for help is brought to you from the Apricot Mapping Service.

I've got the prototype M6 transport into a shipyard, but all I get is readtext17 - 4515 instead of a ship name.

The problem appears to be in 44002, which doenst seem to be accepted into the program properly.

Help !

Edit : Shipyard will take my money, but it gets stalled on fitting the ship out, only way out is esc,a nd you get nothing.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 19:16

Put in a text file:

<language id="44">
<page id="17">
<t id="4515">YOUR SHIP NAME</t>
</page>
</language>

Then load it in ur setup file.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 01:51

Armageddon came back with some good instruction in another thread.

And I've had an offer to look the mod over, as its an interesting failure and opportunity to learn from it.

Going to attempt the changes needed today, but the scripting bit is my worry since the script editor and I are not exactly on speaking terms. Not so much speaking, as speaking a different language and not understanding each other. Sign language isnt working !

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 04:50

The loadtext command worked, after oit took me 10 minutes to find it :)

However......

Next problem :

When you buy the ship, the shipyard takes you to a outfit ship screen but is unable to trade and hangs on this screen. When you esc out, you have less money but no ship.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 6. Apr 06, 14:03

Well, what started out as a simple scripting question is now an actual mod :)

Shipyard problem is fixed, and boy was it a really simple error. The kind that are so simple you go bald not finding it.

Beta testers wanted ! :)

It should be hosted at the same link as the M6 extention commands within a day or so, but anyone who cant wait can email me and I'll email it back to you.

Mowerman
x3

Post by Mowerman » Thu, 6. Apr 06, 18:50

The mod sounds excellent. I'm so upset that M6's have been nerfed so much. I worshipped my centaur in X2, if you would like a beta tester then I'd happily do it :)

Regards

Mowerman
This message is made from 100% recycled electrons.

(Note : In case of consumption please seek medical advice)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 02:07

Mowerman wrote:The mod sounds excellent. I'm so upset that M6's have been nerfed so much. I worshipped my centaur in X2, if you would like a beta tester then I'd happily do it :)
Email me, click button below, and I'll email it to you.

You will be the second.

Hopefully I'll have a link for downloading in a day or so.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 02:19

Tell more about the finished product, Apricotslice. Exactly how juicy is it?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 02:40

Hieronymos wrote:Tell more about the finished product, Apricotslice. Exactly how juicy is it?
I left the options open for people to configure it as they want.

I use it mainly as a UT so far, but I am thinking of using it as a personal ship now as well.

Its based on my soup-ed up Centaur which I've had for ages. But the Gunbus seems to be a lot smoother handling than the Centaur with the same mods.

Full speed satisfies for those who hate taking forever to cross a sector and dont want to use an M5.

The full sheilding will protect against a collision with a TL.

And as a personal ship, the full cargo bay (cost another 5 mil to get this) enables me to pick up anything and everything left floating in space, including the big PPC drops by Xenon cap ships and full cargo loads off freighters.

Its the all purpose do-it-yourself-ship.

The BPBEs are lethal if used right, but not so good against Xenon, for whom you need to turn auto-aim off.

I havent had a chance yet to properly test it in combat, but the big top turrent should be interesting in action. My only concern is the lack of the rear turrent to use as missile defense. If need be, I'll look at putting a small turrent on for that. You tell me if it needs it.

Edit : The interesting thing is that it can be anything from a large well defended plodding transport (if you dont add speed) to a super fighter. Depends on how you upgrade it and what guns you add.

So everyone can make it how it fits into their game.

Its possible to leave it as a default M6, by only installing a few upgrades, and limiting the gun choice to the standard Ospreys.

But just as easily, its suited to being a personal souped-up one-of player ship for those who want/need the extra protection and firepower while prefering the fighter feel of flying it.

In my game its a Super-fighter, but my own game philosophy allows this. Its just a matter of using the ship in your game however you think the character you play would do so, and ignoring the fact it can be different.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 05:55

Well, my luck so far. Bought at Argon Prime from a fresh game, used LV's cheats for the cash. I guess thats where I went wrong because, when I was leaveing Argon Prime a Mammoth jumped RIGHT INTO my haul! Talking about bad luck huh?

Was one m5/m4/m3 docking slot intended or is this my issue due to other mods? :P

Anyway, if it was intended, I know first off the m4 Buster gets just a tad tooo close to the haul during docking :P

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 08:13

I think thats dumb luck.

I did the other day in my regular game. Been jumping fine for yonks, and suddenly, jumping around trying to take decent pics of factories where the background isnt dark, and jumpin.....Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggg and I'm stuck inside the exploding carcase of some TL. Fortunately, my seilds were not dented too much so I got out again intact.

But this is what happens when you dont auto-pilot through the gates !

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 09:34

Not that its any of my busisness, but what is the challenge of a ship such as this?
You have clearly pretty much just taken the idea of an old m6 from x2, and basically given it extreme amounts of cargo.
Did you ever wonder that since in x3 m6's are pathetic, the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?
and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Fully tuned out your ship will outrun almost all M5's, logic says a "transport" shouldnt be doing that..
Theres no fun in a ship that you can buy and forget about foreve, essentially guarenteeing you profits forever, you might as well script in the desired amount of credits:)
Just my opinion :) If you took away the extreme speed and cargo, that would make a formidable m6 worthy of download.
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 10:30

dlryan wrote:Not that its any of my busisness, but what is the challenge of a ship such as this?You have clearly pretty much just taken the idea of an old m6 from x2, and basically given it extreme amounts of cargo.
That about sums it up, yes :)

Put it this way with the cargo, I've been flying a Centaur for most of the current game, and I got sick of its inadequate cargo bay, and having to continually worry about how many ecells I had. Now I put 5000 onboard and rarely think about it. If you compare the M6 size to the SF, the SF is smaller. So whats all the space in the M6 doing if its not cargo bay ?
Did you ever wonder that since in x3 m6's are pathetic,
Quite. And why I did the original mod to my own game initially. That was one of my frustrations wiht X3 when i first played it, and it would ahve been a game killer for me if I could not ahve changed it.
the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Fully tuned out your ship will outrun almost all M5's, logic says a "transport" shouldnt be doing that..
Logic is a trap that depends on the first thing you say being true. :)

Transport that is faster than fighters cannot be shot and killed by them. Therefore, speed is the only safety. The auto-pillok is its only real enemy.

The speed reductions in X3 were soul destroying for me to see, after playing X2 for so long.
Theres no fun in a ship that you can buy and forget about foreve, essentially guarenteeing you profits forever, you might as well script in the desired amount of credits:)
Yes, that argument is used a lot. If you wish, please do so.

Be that as it may though, the Gunbus fully upgraded is a kick ar.se fighter and that is fun ! FUN FUN FUN *maniacle laugh*
Just my opinion :) If you took away the extreme speed and cargo, that would make a formidable m6 worthy of download.
So just dont upgrade it. Its your choice to ignore any part of the ships upgradability.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 01:56

But this is what happens when you dont auto-pilot through the gates !
Excatly! Who uses the AP anyway!?
the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Thats why Ive only upgraded mine to 25 engine (141 mps) and 10 rudder.
About the cargo bay, well It needs the space and should have it anyway. An M6 is really just a TS better designed for battle. I also think cap ships should have 100,000 cargo myself. if not M2's but M1's.
apricotslice wrote: The auto-pillok is its only real enemy.
If im not mistakeing, the AP IS EVERYONES enemy :P :lol:

Btw, I think the ship should cost more then the normal M6's, more like 13-18 mill or so. As the gunbus is relatively a government high tech transport, wich would cost more then the civilian class ship of the same type.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 03:16

SaintAshley wrote:Btw, I think the ship should cost more then the normal M6's, more like 13-18 mill or so. As the gunbus is relatively a government high tech transport, wich would cost more then the civilian class ship of the same type.
Will consider that. Anyone else want to make a comment on price ?

Wandering Panther
x3tc

Post by Wandering Panther » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 00:18

HI apricotslice

I thought i would give this a go. Very nice ship :D

However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :(

It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?

It does stop it being too easy though :)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 02:41

I would have thought 18 - 25 mil for a ship of this capabilities....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 03:26

X304 wrote:However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :( It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?
No, hasnt been said before. Makes me wonder just how well the original M6 upgrade mod worked in that regard. Since I used that as the basis of how to do the turrent mods.

if you can tell me which ones are not working, I'll recheck.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 04:23

X304 wrote:
However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :(

It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?
Ive been using this ship for, uhhh... two days now, and all the turrets seem to be working for me. I can count the top 5 working, and im pertty sure the 3 on the left and right are working. However I can check this real quick :P

Edit:
al_main wrote:I would have thought 18 - 25 mil for a ship of this capabilities....
I wouldnt disagree about that, so no complaints from me if it was 18-25ish, but I do know for sure ~11 mill is too cheap.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”