[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mordis
x3

Post by Mordis » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 23:52

thank you for your reply, i never noticed it doing that.. lol i was oos and watched my carrier engage a m6 (i had m7 mod) and i had set automate carrier on and it didnt luanch anything and nearly died to the m6...

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 01:21

About the various "rebalance" mods like the M7 mod, I do not support them and don't use them. So, if they work with my scripts, that's great, but if not, too bad :p

The main possible issue, is that the "Automate" command will probably make errors when trying to evaluate the threat from enemy ships.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Mordis
x3

Post by Mordis » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 01:33

well. im probablynot going to use the m7 mod anymore, its a well made mod, its just.. i went into xenon 101 and normaly theres 3-5 cap s hips there... now.. theres 6 capships and like 5 of the new m7s.... and im starting to see masive numbers of these enemy m7s everywere.

Whats odd, is when i opened my script installer and uninstalled it, it also uninstalled all the other scripts i had running even tho it said there still there,, when i loaded my game my general menu was gone and the script editor was disaled and the bbs stuff/merc stuff was gone..

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 19:38

Serial Kicked wrote:Absolutly.

Let's say you have 60 ships in your carrier, you can send 10 wings of 6 ships against 10 different targets. Each wing will return when the target is destroyed or when ships are too badly damaged. You can also use the order "dock all ships" to recall all your ships.

Sending multiple defense wings isn't necessary, the script will be more efficient if you use one big wing to defend the carrier instead of 2 smaller wings.

Cheers :)
Hi Serial: How I can make what you said above if their is one command only? One for attack one specific target and the other to clear the sector.

EntropyDF
x3

Some Minor Tweeks

Post by EntropyDF » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 15:07

Serial,

Thanks for the reply on the other items. I have a couple of more items for your update/fix list if I may:

1. Even with a full carrier (60 ship Argon M1) running an Automate Carrier mode, I keep getting the messages "You don't have enough ships in <carrier name> to clean a sector. At least 5 are needed." It looks like the carrier fires off all its fighters to take care of issues and then wants more. If it could know how many it has it would be good. If not, then an option to disable the message would be good.

2. Can you change (or allow us to change) the Threshold for the "<carrier> is in danger and could request your attention" messages? A full carrier should not be worried about a standard Xenon raiding party (1P, 4Ls, and 4 Ms) and should just get to it without bothering me. :)

3. The refuel script seems easily confused, and often results in fighters being left docked in stations or docked in the carrier with the product they where sent to fetch. This usually happens with larger numbers (ie 5k Energy Cells), but occasionally with smaller numbers of things like missiles.

Thanks again for a wonderful script.

DF

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 17:05

@Puruco : Run the "Attack Wing" command multiple time. Send 10 of your ships against target1 and then 10 other ships against target2.

@EntropyDF :

1) Yup, sorry about that. I noticed this small issue yesterday, and i'll correct that in the next version. Notice that the carrier still works correctly, but the message is displayed by error.

2) Nice idea, i'll include that in the Battle Tactics menu with an "emergency" jump feature.

3) I know, the Refuel command is a quick and dirty script. Someone gave me an improved version on the official topic of this script, i'll check it and probably use it in the next version.

No fixed ETA for the next version as I've to finish the Yaki Armada first. So let's say about one or two weeks.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Deta7
x3

Post by Deta7 » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 20:53

I really like the idea - will give it a shot once I got my frist M1 :)
3) I know, the Refuel command is a quick and dirty script. Someone gave me an improved version on the official topic of this script, i'll check it and probably use it in the next version.
You MIGHT want ro check out Xai Corps FSUP (Fleet Supply) - I use it very much and it works great. The Author also states it can be used freely and included in script packages IICR (readme) and just asks for credit that it's in use ;)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Tue, 14. Mar 06, 19:32

Serial Kicked wrote:@Puruco : Run the "Attack Wing" command multiple time. Send 10 of your ships against target1 and then 10 other ships against target2.

@EntropyDF :

1) Yup, sorry about that. I noticed this small issue yesterday, and i'll correct that in the next version. Notice that the carrier still works correctly, but the message is displayed by error.

2) Nice idea, i'll include that in the Battle Tactics menu with an "emergency" jump feature.

No fixed ETA for the next version as I've to finish the Yaki Armada first. So let's say about one or two weeks.
Thanks Serial...

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 15:38

Small upgrade.

A bug preventing a correct docking of the slow M3 at the carrier when the player is in the same sector should know be fixed. Sorry it took so much time.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 18:03

Serial Kicked wrote:Small upgrade.

A bug preventing a correct docking of the slow M3 at the carrier when the player is in the same sector should know be fixed. Sorry it took so much time.
A quick question ?? when i download the spk of the front page, it says version 1.22 not version 1.23 ?? :? Am i missing something here ???

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 19:54

D_Zorro wrote:A quick question ?? when i download the spk of the front page, it says version 1.22 not version 1.23 ?? :? Am i missing something here ???
:oops: Sorry. Link upgraded (btw you can use the package upgrade feature of XScript Installer ;) )

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Xylaan
x3tc

Post by Xylaan » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 00:45

I got my first Split Elephant last night, and have been playing around with this script. Thinking towards the future, would it be possible to add a command similar to the 'attack wing' that you could tell a wing to protect a particular target?

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 02:11

This is a great script :)

I actually use Observe's Mobile Fortress(M0). At the moment I have 1 Colossus, 2 Titans, 1 Hercules, 2 Centaurs, 1TP, 11 TS's and 22 Fighters all home based to the M0. When I select the number of defence ships for my Defence Wing, it randomly selects various ship types. Whilst I'm ok with the Cap Ships being part of the Defence Wing, I just need to figure out how to stop the TL, TP and TS's from going out as well.

Any ideas on how I can stop the non-combatant ships from being part of the Defence Wing(or even the Attack Wing for that matter)?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Xylaan
x3tc

Post by Xylaan » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 17:52

Yet another thing:

When a wing of ships is launched against a target, it appears that there is a wingleader, and then a number of other ships set to attack the wingleader's target.

Would it be possible to rename the ships as they are launched, to indicate the wing (a number would be fine, tho the names are running out of space fast)? And along with that, mark which of them is the leader? That way, if we wanted to give the wing a new attack target, we could at least select the wing leader, and tell him to attack our next intended target.

Unless of course, there's already an easy way to do this without telling the wing to return to base and I'm just missing it.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 18:23

ive needed this for so long, kick me for ignoring it :oops:

prays that all my other scripts like it as well :D

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:26

the script sounds great :thumb_up:
but the link seems to be down :cry:

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 09:22

RGanB wrote:the script sounds great :thumb_up:
but the link seems to be down :cry:
Just tested and both the links work.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:11

ah yes
I just found out you have to "save target as"
sry for my folishness :oops:

looking forward to trying it out

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 08:16

Thanks for this script.

Its just the ticket for fleet command.

Anybody looking for a better way to control your fleet of fighters, I recommend this.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 15:49

Hi Serial: What about the support ships of the M1 like the M6's, M2's.

Also can i use this mod for a fleet without carrier?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”