[Script] STEALTH Lasertowers - Ring of Fire (v2.27 - 28.04.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 17. May 06, 19:55

The Paranid are 'sort of' friendly with Split. Might be related to the towers actions.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

phonics
x3

Post by phonics » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 07:50

Is the set decloak command working right with this script? I've been trying everything and can't seem to get it to work. Or does an enemy have to decloak them by coming back into range and then they just don't cloak back?

phonics
x3

Post by phonics » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 18:29

Ok playing with it a little more they seem to uncloak fine when an enemy gets close to them but I can't seem to get the script to save any commands. I guess this is why I can't manually decloak them. I looked through the code for a couple of hours and didn't see anything wrong. Where would it save your commands for your input? <--- can only understand a little bit about programming lol.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 05:45

This script needs a modification.

Bala Gi had corrected a situation involving the LT's. They are now spawned with 125mj shields.

As such, the script should have this option removed. This will also reduce the size of the script.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

BurnEternal77
x3tc

Post by BurnEternal77 » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 04:01

I Just want to say that I love this script. It's great, thank the maker.
Teladi thanks you for the saving of much profit. You recieve five-thousand credits. .. mmmm... good clean pirate killin' money.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 6. Jan 07, 09:23

With Bala Gi, the LT's not only spawn with 125MJ shields, but also with better turning (the Yaw/Pitch/Roll was increased in 2.0). This gave me some interesting fun.

I took a TL into Mi Ton's Refuge, and parked 200 LTs at the North Gate.

My GOD that was amazing. Pirates in system and those poping through the gate never had a chance. :twisted:
[ external image ]

drakend

Post by drakend » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 13:25

I'm using this script very often and I'm very satisfied with it: I position laser towers on jump gates above all. I have a problem: on some gates they self-destructs, why? An example is the north gate in Seizewell...
I put 30-40 of them with a radius of 3000m, but they self destruct no matter the value of the number and the radius. Can someone explain me why?

Dreamwizard
x3

Post by Dreamwizard » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 05:01

I remember reading an in game BBS news report about a person that was caught and prosocuted by the Teladi government for placing lasertowers around one of their jumpgates.

The towers were destroyed. The article also stated that anyone else found placing towers within range of a jumpgate within their territory wouldn't be tolerated and would suffer the same fate if caught. Placing them around personal property was the only acceptable use.

I can guess that with the 2.02 patch eggosoft put in a check to limit player tower placement in Teladi space. It makes sense, after all the Teladi and Pirates are tradeing partners. I doubt the Teladi take very kindly to the loss of proffitsss.

Besides,the game isn't much fun without some form of challenge. Considering the profit margins that can be made from tradeing Teladi illicite wares, great reward should come with some risk by the player.

I guess The Teladi are also assuming the greater risks of Khaak and Xenon invasion by not allowing you to protect their jumpgates for them. To each his own.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 00:18

Released RoF v2.13

Updated to account for the X3 v2.0.02 changes and fixed one odd bug.
LT accept the Decloak command again.

If you should have very old LT floating around - the script will auto update but the old LT will retain the stats they were created with.
That means lower turning and not automatically outfitted with 125 MJ shields.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 20:30

I've encountered a problem with this.

I deployed 50 of them around a South Gate(Split Fire as it happens), and all 50 exploded 10 or 15 seconds after deployment.

Now, I WONDERED if this explosion was the effect used by the game for cloaking...

...so I ejected all the microchips aboard my TL and deployed another ring around another gate.

Not only did these LTs get named "stealth", but they also exploded too.

Any idea why?

Edit: Ooops. Read the post above. Yes. Split Fire is a Pirate Sector isn't it? Perhaps the same rules apply vis-a-vis Teladi Sectorssss. I'll try 'em at a Gat in President's End, where I have other factories etc.

w4ldf33

Post by w4ldf33 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 09:15

Does this script work OOS?
I deployed 30 LTs around a gate (North gate of the Paranid sector south of MooKyes Revenge) And watched with SETA them destroying sum pirats. Great work though ... stealthed after killing them, all perfect...
Was all OK for me so i jumped away.
After a few days i saw by accident some unstealthed LTs in the property menu ... pressing "." and saw some dandy prirate M3 flying nice and friendly south with 100% hull + shields. So the LTs seem to locate the enemy and unstealthed but just wont fire?

anyone seen similar things?
do more LTs do more good?

thank ya ...

PS: sorry for my language, im not a native speaker ...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:49

Its the way OOS works. The LT did decloak as ordered BUT the target ship had made an "OOS jump" getting clean out of firing range.

OOS, ships do not "fly" from A to B but do hops in 30 sec intervals.
Due to that a fast ship can sometimes avoid combat altogether because it may "jump over" an enemy in its way, never being in firing range.

If you want a water tight sector I would recommend adding a minefield, too. They require upkeep (mine go boom yaknow) but are extremely deadly on small ships.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 21:56

Just tried your mod. Since Pirates spawn in Sizewell, I had my Elly loadup 180 LTs with stealth capabilities and deployed them at the East gate of Profit Share, the South gate of Teladi Gain, and the North gate of Greater Profit. I deployed 60 LTs at each gate. While I was in sector, and just after deployment I had visual evidence of how well this works! A pirate came through one of the gates and got immediately fried! One of the best things about this script is that because the LTs have the stealth option, they don't clutter up the Command Menua when not in use! Thanks again for a great job!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 01:07

Thanks. That stealth option was the whole point of the script. I would not use LT when they'd clutter up my sector view. =P

Version 2.14 released.

I haven't tested this extensively but according to all reports they should now be more active OOS instead of just gazing at the stars and generally looking pretty.
Worst case it's... not getting much better. =)

Existing LT should upgrade themselves as usual.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 17:52

I tried to find v 2.14 but couldn't fine anything but v 2.13. Any help would be very appreciated. Oh, I "cleansed" Xenon sector 347 and put in a Solar Power Plant. I protected it with three rings at the x, y, and z axis with 60 LTs each. Works great! Of course the towers will not take out a visiting Xenon K but the towers give me enough time to show up with reinforcements.

Sephiroth-omega
x3tc

Post by Sephiroth-omega » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 06:45

@Gazz

Ive tried your mod, and must say its pretty cool!

Though ive a suggestion for you. Could you also make Stealth E-Sat's. Because in large sectors where you have to put in 10 - 20 E-Sats or more to see the whole Sectormap (Mealstrom) is a pain in the a**, and clusters down my property list in the sectormap. If you could make Stealth E-Sats than they should also cost more and use 2 Micochips (like your Stealth LT's) AND 2 Cristals to work. They also shouldnt show up at the Sectormap.

I hope you could make it. And I will now test your mod with the DDRS mod. Hope it works.

THX in advance
Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once (William Shakespeare)

Ours is not to question why, only but to do or die. [The Charge of the Light Brigade (Battletech)]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 19:22

A script can not do that.

If you dont want sats cluttering your ship list, mod Globals.txt and set their range to a few hundred km.
Then you only need 1 sat per sector. =)

Nightmariner
x3

How to Un-Deploy LTs

Post by Nightmariner » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 00:31

Gazz,

First off, fantastic script. I can now place my stations in pirate sectors, and anyone who bothers with them is quickly fricasseed!

One question: Is there any way to UN-Deploy the LTs? I'd like to move them elsewhere, but since they are stealthed I can't even find them. I tried searching through the menus for a command to un-deploy but I can't find one.
It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust you.

Thetis
x4

Post by Thetis » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 07:45

Great job on the script. Just one question though. I deployed about 100 towers around a gate in Brennans Triumph, and whenever the towers decloak to fire they also damage the gate. I have no idea if gates can be destroyed, but is this an issue?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 14:14

@ Nightmariner

There is no command to undeploy those. You can however decloak them if you wish and collect them with a script that allows that.

@ Thetis

Gates can not be destroyed with weapons.
Gates are just hella big so they always cover a big chunk of a LT's firing arc so they will get hit and soak up the fire.
It's not pretty but the obvious solution (as always) is to use more LT. =P

BTW: if you select a gate as a location a minimum radius of 1600 is enforced but you can enter a larger one if you wish.
Last edited by Gazz on Thu, 26. Apr 07, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”