AL Plugin : Jumpdrive Kits 1.5 10/2/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 19:26

The JDK is a jumpdrive, you just have to instal it (installing costs 90K - the kit only costs 10K). The JDK is a ware, like food etc, so can be carried in large quantities.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 20:24

Install should now reject all incapable ships of installing JD.

Price raised from 90k to 94k as 1 unit of nav soft is installed.

Please let me know how it works, just as i finished the code my gcard started having fear and loathing tendencies meaning I could not test. :evil:
main links updated.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 21:41

Thanks, LV. I'll give you any results I find.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

RRRoamer
x4

Post by RRRoamer » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 05:28

Now this is strange. I am running 1.3.2 BETA. I picked up the JDK and the EMP and installed them both. The stations were built and I can buy the kits. But they are not named anything! I just have the price. If I buy them, they do not show up in my cargo hold. Needless to say, there is no way transfer them to another ship because they do not show up as frieght.

I'll try to reinstall the kits and the EMP and see what happens.
--RRRoamer

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 19:10

if you updated you beta there will be issues, what code do you think ego are changing while patching ;)

the mod will more than likely be refigured once we get official 1.4 as it's pointless changing the values while under beta patch.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 02:33

Very nice. Far more cost effective than having a carrier jump in just to pick up a capped ship. Wish I had this awhile ago. When I was first starting out I had all sorts of problems with capped ships litterally being trapped at non-pirate stations in Brennan's Triumph. Running back and forth jumping ships out one by one was a real pain.

Thanks,
-Burn
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

RRRoamer
x4

Post by RRRoamer » Fri, 24. Feb 06, 02:29

MegaBurn wrote:Very nice. Far more cost effective than having a carrier jump in just to pick up a capped ship. Wish I had this awhile ago. When I was first starting out I had all sorts of problems with capped ships litterally being trapped at non-pirate stations in Brennan's Triumph. Running back and forth jumping ships out one by one was a real pain.

Thanks,
-Burn
Thanks LV! I'll go ahead and pull the script then. At least until 1.4!
--RRRoamer

Aron
x4

Post by Aron » Fri, 24. Feb 06, 03:47

LV, this is great. A minor suggestion, though. Can the kit cost the full amount upfront? This way we can just store it without worry about how much money we have.

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:31

I seem to have encountered something odd using JDK. I had to do a reinstall of X3 but am lucky my save game files are not coruppted.

Problems since reinstalling:

1. The Jump Drive factory no longer sells the kits. The factory exists and will except rosources but has no products for sale.

2. The Goner base has no JDK's for sale anymore. Neither does the equipment spacedock in Black Hole Sun.

3. All the kits I had purchased have dissappeared.

To try and fix the problem I; did an uninstall with Script Manager 1.4; ran the game and used the cheat to destroy the facorty; saved; then went out of the game; re-added the JDK script; went back into the game and found the factory still has nothing for sale. :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:56

i had a wierd problem when i first installed it, the goner temple had damaged jumpdrives for sale :D

But later when i looked again a few saves later they had gone :lol:

Great script btw, hope u dont mind but i hacked it to include 50 energy cells too, adjusted the price of course :twisted:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 00:42

Mobuj wrote:I :)
have you installed the latest beta patch as that will kill the emp mod pack working correctly?

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 02:07

My reason for the reinstall was the beta code in DDRS. The save games I am using now have never been apart of that mod. I can list for you the scripts I'm currently using, but my X3 is a clean v1.3, including the saves.

I am using the latest EMP package 1.3.01. I believe I made a mistake when installing/copying the EMP files. I only copiet the .cat and .dat files. The twaret.txt looked like a readme file so it never got coppied. My bad. DOH!

This oversite could be were all my script related problems are coming from.
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 17:40

Hmmm somehow my rank with the Goners has dropped to Follower 98% which means I can't buy the JDK, is there any way to increase my rank with them?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 17:58

Dunks wrote:i had a wierd problem when i first installed it, the goner temple had damaged jumpdrives for sale :D
They are actually part of one of my scripts, not this one.
(Unless LV's done something similar aswell now?)

AL

Tritous
x3tc

w00t

Post by Tritous » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 17:35

Why does everyone assume this is made only for capping ships? don't you realise....this is a dream come true for complex builders....you can grab a tl full of ecells, 25mw shields, and JD kits, and go to a shipyard well away from CBSW and kit out your frieghters with JDs without waiting days. Same goes for ST/UTs, and everything.

very nice idea LV :thumb_up:
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 18:06

al_main, LV, In my goner temple, there's three products listed at the top, with no name, just xx/10000 for 28 cr (all three).

I've installed the JPK, and the BBS extra missions (I think that's yours al) with the steal wares/bulk transporter thing, that I also can't seem to see/find.

I'm using 1.4, if that's still an issue.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 09:14

don't forget you need the emp mod pack installing also

r0b
x3

Post by r0b » Tue, 2. May 06, 05:32

This seams to be a very nice "service" script to make the game much more comfortable to play and to manage you fleet of freighter and other ships.

Unluckily, i have the same problem with the goner rank. 4% are missing be able to buy the JDK... :roll:

Is there an easy way to lower the needed rank to buy it (maybe in plugin.deliver.jumpdrive.fabs.xml) or make it a factory or the argons for example?

cheers

Robert

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 2. May 06, 18:50

you'll need to hack the rank, use my cheat scripts to do so

r0b
x3

Post by r0b » Tue, 2. May 06, 19:05

Thanks for the answer. I found a small tool that did just that. X3 Trainer.
http://forum.2x-pensive.de/dload.php?ac ... &file_id=4

Very helpful if you need a boost with the goners.

The JDK works great. Just bought 10 new universe traders and fitted and spread them in an hour or two. Very comfy. ;)

Only thing is the "name textstring" error, but i guess its wrong because i use the german version of the game.

Thanks for the script & the help

Robert

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”