(LEVELED) - DDRS V2.5 with 55 custom ships and 6 custom shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 21:35

Looks like a great mod, very well done!

There is only one problem I've had, I can't enable it. I was playing a plot game and it won't let me enable the mod as it says I have to compleat the plot, yet I already have? Any help? Also I didn't start a new game, but I have yet to have any problems. Is there a way to not have the amount of roids decreased as I happen to like all the roids. Or would it not be a noticeable difference?

Thanks!

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:13

Hi Deadly: You said that Redspot introduce elements of 1.3.2 open beta. So we don't have to install that version?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:40

Whew! A few posts to respond to...

Puruco: Red Spot has provided the scripts which I incorporated into the mod.

When I built the final mod package, I used some parts of the 1.3.2 Open Beta patch. The parts I included are mostly related to bug fixes on the ships (TShips and some scene files in the /objects folder), and the performance of the weapons (TBullets, bodies in the /v folder, etc). I also included the updated DDS textures and shaders.

I did not include the updated .OBJ files, or the new universe map.

So, while DDRS is compatible with the 1.3.2 Open Beta, it is not the full package.

If you want the whole thing, then you must install the 1.3.2 Open Beta, and then activate the DDRS mod.

Rakeris: I can't imagine why you are not able to activate the plugin, if you have completed the plot. If all else fails, PM me and I can tell you what line to un-comment in one of the scripts to by-pass the plot check. If you have started with a save game using the original X3 universe map, then you are not getting the "less 'roid" modification that Red Spot prepared. The universe is "built" at the point you start the game. Whatever is in the universe map(s) at start-up is what gets included in your save games.

DeadZone: 1. I am running a fresh install of X3 as my "test bed", and cannot get a CTD. Are these happening at startup...or after you have been playing awhile?
2. I have not found any ship that cannot fire missiles. Which one(s) are you haveing problems with, and I'll check it out.
3. I have not seen this message. Just to make sure, are there other scripts running that might generate this?

COLDGANSTA: If you keep completing missions, eventually one will add the 'roid base to a shipyard, and then you can buy all you want. There is also a "special" mission that will be offered under the right circumstances that will "earn" you a 'roid base.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 22:58

DeadlyDa wrote: DeadZone: 1. I am running a fresh install of X3 as my "test bed", and cannot get a CTD. Are these happening at startup...or after you have been playing awhile?
2. I have not found any ship that cannot fire missiles. Which one(s) are you haveing problems with, and I'll check it out.
3. I have not seen this message. Just to make sure, are there other scripts running that might generate this?
1. Didnt make this clear enough, this is when loading savegames where the game was started after installing the mod, though so far Ive noticed them on autosaves
2. The one that comes off the top of my head is the New Argon M4, has no compatiable missiles
3. Aye, Im running a few scripts, looking into seeing if its one of them

Tselakus
x3tc

Post by Tselakus » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:02

I've scrapped my existing save and started a fresh game, got to the same stage again, this time defending against tie defenders - spotted them all hanging out in Light of Heart, moving around a bit but never coming any closer. Went and wiped out all 15 of them - should I be expecting anything else? can't see any more of them about in nearby sectors

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:06

DeadZone,

Ah...spot on with the missiles...good call!

I had not proberly set up the missile loads for the new Argon M5 & M4 (aka Terran ships).

Now sorted, and is fised in the working directory for the next release.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:27

Ohh thanks for this. will have to try it out :)

Sure hope it works with save game as some people say it does, cause I really too far in to start again...
I presume I will have to delete the less enemies/less 'roids mod and the M6 update mod otherwise I think gonna have problems...
Hmm, I better hop out of my M6 into another ship as well before I install the mod/script too..
Gonna leave the scripts I got in for now, hopefully none of those should have any negative effects :)

Thanks again for putitng this together for everyone...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:32

I tell you, those Tie Interceptors dont like giving up do they, Ive just gone through a dozen of them, having to kill them all

Even though, a consulation prize is that I capped a Falcon and Buster from 3 wings of nearby pirates who came over to see what was going on

Mind you, me vs. loads of Interceptors & Pirates at the same time is aload of fun lol

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:40

DeadZone...just wait until you come up against a pack of Dralthi's :)

With that dual-laser rear turret and fairly hot performance, the AI can get flat-out nasty in that ship :twisted:
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:40

ok got a fix ..... :oops:

made a mistake while doing some last minute tweaking ..
wich is why some missions wont 'really' work ...
(the reason why attackers do not actually attack but hang around a bit ..)

this will fix it;
http://www.geocities.com/g5_10/DDRS/DDRS.Fixv2-09.zip

it also comes with a new text-file ..
(wich just changes the plugin-name a bit .. you'll see what I mean ..:))

G

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 23:49

lol, just not my day, since I destroyed all the interceptors, went to another system for them
Got there, 4minutes later, a khaak carrier, 2 destroyers and about 50 fighters appeared out of nowhere

Fortunatly for LVs Race reponse script, I dont have to deal with them myself lol

Of course, didnt realized khaak spawned in numbers on a custom game, never had it happen to me before

zfotoguy
x3tc

Post by zfotoguy » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 00:08

I have a question about this script.
I won't find out for a while, so I best ask before I get to this point...
I had to restart to a fresh game to use this new mod. In the past, I have been using a MOD to make the M6 a decent ship to own. It was the M6 upgrade by Mehrunes. I really enjoyed this mod because it made the M6 worth using.
I can not use Mehrunes mod at same time as this mod, so... are the original M6's still the default? or are they altered similar to Mehrunes?
I understand the new ships should be great to own, but I don't know how long it will be until I can afford or find one. :)

Also, is there an easy way to make these mods into an SPK file?

Thanks

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 00:39

Can't see an answer for this, but any idea why the attacker = NULL keeps popping up in the messages every few minutes? It seems to have only appeared after insalling this mod.

Not complaining, just seems odd :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 00:46

Xfotoguy, fiarly easy to package up the script and test files into a SPK file ;)

djssuk, that might be from the new version of the bounty hunters guild, i left in abit of debug code by mistake, but its removed in the current version, however it wont get rid of the messages until the current bountys are gone and replaced by new ones

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 01:02

hi, the patch didn't work on saved games for me, only a new game
and X3 always run's fine on my computor.
I will try it if i ever want to start a new game. :cry:

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 01:14

Some ships have incorrect Class Description numbers, causing them to work improperly with the TerraCorp Combat Pilots. The A-wing is marked as an M4 in class descriptions, the Roger Young is marked as a TL, and I think the Grendel was marked as a M1.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 03:52

kamikazepenguin - Thanks for finding that...I forgot to clean up the TShips. I even found a few more as I was updating it, so I'm really glad you said something. It's now corrected in my current working directory, and will included in the next release.

zfotoguy - all the standard M6 ships now have external docking...but I didn't do anything to make them more powerful. The 2 new M6 ships in the DDRS mod do have more lasers in the turrets (2x3), and slightly improved performance...but you still won't b able to conquer the galaxy with one of them.

I intentionally didn't include any "killer" ships in the mod, since one of the main design points was to maintain the balance of the game. In a well-balanced game, the player will find a use for each ship class.

As I mentioned in the readme, once Egosoft release a stable "fully featured" version of X3 (yes, I am an optimist!), I will consider a re-balance mod. However, my guess is that Egosoft hasn't yet had time to tweak the balance on the various ships and weapons...and we may well see things being altered in a subsequent patch.

I had originally put some awesomely powerful M6 ships into my X2 mods...but it soon became apparent that players were picking their favorite "fire hose of death", parking their bastu into it, and never bothering to change ships. Why have 9 ship classes, if you only need one to rule the universe?

What I ended up doing for X2 was incorporating Mauzi's most excellent re-balanced type files as a core part of my mods. His work was pretty popular over on the German side of the house, but didn't get a lot of attention from the rest of the X2 community. The reason I mention it is that a lot of the thinking that went into the last (unreleased) X2 mod I was working on with Mauzi still makes sense to me...so we'll just have to wait and see. If the balance of the ships and weapons doesn't come together via Egosoft patches, then I'll almost certainly start adjusting things using the balancing concepts developed by Mauzi.

(Sorry...didn't mean to go "on" like that, but game balance is a bit of a religion with me.)

zfotoguy
x3tc

Post by zfotoguy » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 06:31

DeadlyDa, thanks for replying and explaining, it is much appreciated!

My biggest complaint with X3 was that the default M6 is supposed to be a corvette class ship. The default is horrible... you easily get picked apart by one/two M3s or a few M4s. Whats the point of an M6 that can hardly go up against 2 or 3 M4's. The default M6 needs to either be faster, have a faster turn rate, or heavier weapons. As it is right now, it is a ship I would rather NEVER buy or use. It is a brick that can hardly shoot back if the target is not directly in front of it.

With the MOD I mentioned earlier, you could stand a chance against a few M3's. Turning and speed were not changed. Turrets and shielding were increased which helped make it a mid-sized ship worth buying. It was a stepping stone before you could buy the capital ships. Even with his mod, I still found myself often cruising around in my M3 and at times asking my Centaur to follow me or provide backup. Or sometimes the other way around. Or it was fun to have an M4/M5 following me to provide cleanup while I picked off a few more M4's.

I often still had to watch which battles I should choose. A couple M3's from the right angle could still take me out.... and if they used missiles at the right angles, I was dead.

And who wants an M6 with only one turret in the back? Like the Boron Hydra.....thats pretty much worthless for an M6... heck, the Argon Nova is almost as well armed, faster, much smaller, and turns a heck of a lot better. Why even have the ship in the game when at default specs it is horrible and no person would really want a ship like that unless it was free.... Free is good... haha but I digress.... :lol:

My point is the default M6 needs a little help. Maybe double up on the turrets instead of only 1 gun per turret, make it 2 per turret (The mod I reffered to had 2 turrets with 2 guns in each placement on the centaur (4 right, 4 left, 4 back)... maybe this was a bit much?). Increase shield capacity by one more 125M? Increased weapon reload/max charge?

By the way, I am not complaining one bit about your mod!
I think it is wonderful you have spent so much time on it and I intend to play it more this weekend. :D You guys have done a great job on it!

I would just like to see the M6 be a real corvette class ship.
I guess I have high expectations... like the USS Defiant kind of ship. :roll: haha... kicks butt, takes names later... but still can be beaten.

Have a great weekend.

doru0186
x3tc

i have a little problem ...

Post by doru0186 » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 08:27

i have instaled the mod but when i enter the game the mod is disabled .. when i try to enable it .. i got a messege that i did not finish the plot ... but i did ... pls can you help me ... tx
---=== X - Universe ===---

Red Spot
x3

Re: i have a little problem ...

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 08:31

doru0186 wrote:i have instaled the mod but when i enter the game the mod is disabled .. when i try to enable it .. i got a messege that i did not finish the plot ... but i did ... pls can you help me ... tx

have you selected the mod as 'mod-package' ..?? .. :roll:

G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”