[Script] Player Response Fleets 1.0 5/2/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

5/5
75%
4/5
13%
3/5
6%
2/5
3%
1/5
3%

Total votes: 64

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:31

Yes i did save and reload. Can anyone tell me if this script should appear in my artificial life settings. Thanks
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:38

If the ship is short on energy it will hail you, when it does it will head for the nearest SPP and as long

as it is not a TL M1 or M2 class it will dock and use your personal funds to buy more energy before re-engaging the JTP comand.

Larger ships will wait 5k from the SPP for further orders.
LV, I've noticed that my M6's will notify me that they need energy cells, after they've been made aware of a threat. Or so it appears. They "can't respond" until they get more jumpfuel. Do they run out of energy cells, get called to respond, notify me, and then go to the nearest SPP?

Can they automatically go to a SPP as soon as they run out (and not wait to get called to respond somewhere?) Also, is there anyway of automatically getting a carrier to stock up on energy cells? (having the Advanced Jumpdrive, and doing away with the energy cell issue, would be another way of tackling this)

Thanks! I've found this script to be very useful. Wish I had it a few hundred hours before.

EDIT: After running the script for a few hours on SETA, I came back to 157 messages about "not having enough jumpfuel" from my seven QRF ships. It appears that they wait to be respond somewhere, to decide whether or not they have enough energy cells. And then they can't respond, so they go looking for a SPP. Wouldn't it be better if they went to a SPP to maintain a certain level, based upon ship size, and keep that level of energy cells at all times?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 08:45

If you open Plugin.QRF.energy.restock and comment out the following lines

Code: Select all

061    send incoming message $m to player: display it=[TRUE]
064    send incoming message $m to player: display it=[TRUE]
it will disable messages from m6's going for energy :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 11:43

Stupid question. I'm used to working in UNIX, sorry.

How do you comment out in XML? # doesn't work for me, unless I'm putting it in the wrong place.

I looked through the MSCI handbook, to no avail. Thanks!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 12:34

open the script in the script editor and press , + . for enable and disable then save :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 20:03

Thanks, figured it out. My mistake was trying to alter the xml files in the directory, as opposed to using the Script Editor (which I'm very slowly learning). Commenting out those lines using the ".", saving and rerunning the script is easy.

Getting the messages turned off makes it easier to have more ships in the QRF fleet, which, I think, will offset the issue with the QRF ships not having enough jump fuel (and getting energy cells after they've been called to respond, as opposed to before). Not sure if that's a fixable issue, or if it's part of your design. Having my three M6's run to the nearest SPP to stock up, when one of my freighters is in trouble, doesn't make for a happy freighter.

Appreciate the help. Great script!

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 04:48

Just curious, but is there a way of automatically supplying your M1, or M2 class QRF enabled ships with energy cells? I have two M2's that are part of my rapid response system, but, they eventually run out of energy cells, and they can't dock at SPP to refuel. Are there any scripts out there, or could you add to this one, that would enable the larger ships to refuel?

Thanks! Other than the fact that these QRF enabled ships do not maintain a certain level of energy cells on board, this script is incredibly helpful.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 18:55

limitations on re-supplying m1+2class are by design as i wrote it to auto transfer energy to these but found it too much of a cheat so i deleted the code and added a msg instead.
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 19:54

Understand. As the M1's can't dock at SPP, do you know of any scripts that I can use to resupply them? I don't mind doing this "as needed", just need some sort of mechanism to accomplish it. Thanks!

Shadowman-slunz
x3

Post by Shadowman-slunz » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 20:43

i only have read your readme and the scripts seems to be great, but the link to the cycrow installer seems to be broken, perhaps you can update the link, thanks :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 21:12

i don't know of any scripts that would re-supply en to a bigship but it's not hard to make one if you have the ability to play x3 which i dont

http://www.anticeptsworld.net/other/hos ... qrf1.0.spk

another link :)
LV's TC Scripts

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 00:51

Hi all. Can anyone tell me why my Hydra keeps jumping `out` of sector every time it has a battle in the sector its patrolling. It is set to JTP, has a brief skirmish with any pirates that enter the sector where it is, then (shield is usualy about half way down) boggs off to the next sector where it carrrys on JTPing !! Also if one of my ships or stations are under attack, are the ships that have the response system installed supposed to jump in and help out ?? I know that while im flying and call JTP they will jump to me but i thought they where a bit more independent and automatically JTP any of my ships or stations that are under attack :? :? Any tips would be grateful.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 10:35

A ship will jump out if it's shields go below 50%ish as you don't want 10m credits worth of ship going bang do you?
LV's TC Scripts

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 11:27

I thought they jumped within sector, i.e to another part of the sector, then carried on fighting once shields were up again.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 19:40

This is a great one, LV, but I do have a request.

This is kind of a logical problem which then addresses the costs. If I'm enabling my satellites to broadcast enemy presences so that my ships respond, logically, why am I paying for that? Satellites can detect enemies already and my ships can jump on their own, so the only new aspect is the automation. But since it's done completely by my equipment, which I need to purchase and maintain myself already, why the fees?

Granted the fees are likely not a problem for someone farther into the game, but the logic still seems lacking to me and, well, I'm not that far into the game. My empire right now consists of two UTs restricted to my satellite system, 2 Nova Raiders, and myself. I have maybe 15 sectors with sats and being used by my UTs. Even my 2 Novas being able to respond to those sectors would be good for my UTs, but I think the fees will actually become quite a burden.

Next is the request, and one I can only think being applicable to a concept like the one this script has. Another problem for fledgling fleets, and for even larger fleets if you have mods installed increasing the enemy activity, is that you don't want two Novas jumping in to fight off 2 Kh'ahk destroyers by themselves. A little strategic intelligence would be a really good thing. The way that comes to mind to accomplish this would be:

1. Set up response groups by setting members to protect a leader.
2. Set the rules of engagement on the leader. Such as "Respond to 1-4 M3/M4/M5", "Respond to M1/M2", "Respond to All", etc.
3. If the leader dies, another in the group is given the order and all others are set to protect it.
4. Energy cells can be shared between the group and if the entire group doesn't have enough to jump, they go to a SPP to acquire more.

With this approach, if it's possible, you could set up several response groups that understand their capabilities and respond accordingly, limiting overkill and limiting suicide missions.

As a side note, it might be neat to add a "Mayday" bindable command that, when used, summons all your response groups to the sector you're in. With the large battles made possible by various mods, or if you just want to take over a sector, that might be a pretty cool thing to have around.

Anyway, I know this is ambitious but something I'd really like to have.

elabuschagne
x3

Post by elabuschagne » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:54

Quick quetion:

I've seen many pirates cruising through a sector with nothing responding (sat in sector correctly bound).

Is it a problem with the friend/foe setting? Or will it only jump in the ships if the pirates turn hostile on my assets (the responding ships may then be too late as they rip a freighter apart quite quickly).

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 19:40

try your F/F but tbh i can't remember seeing its nearly 7 mths since x3 glowed out from my monitor :|

also PRF is a hack of RRF which means they may ignore the odd ship but like i said, i can't remember
LV's TC Scripts

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 03:52

lv is possible for this script to be made compatible with cycrows advanced jumpdrive/ addon?, the problem is that the ships continue to go for ecells even though they are no longer required?
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 10:40

only if you do it yourself, i simply don't have the time for individual requests.

open up the scripts and where it calls the get.energy script comment it out and just add energy cells or whatever you need for the ADVJD script

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 15:22

cheers buddy
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”