[SCRIPT] Merchants Guild V1.50 : Updated 11/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this scripts

5. Excelant
60%
4. Good
27%
3. Average
7%
2. Not so good
No votes
1. Bad
1%
Not really my thing
4%

Total votes: 70

Tritous
x3tc

no

Post by Tritous » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 02:55

not really, they aren't tracking satellites as such or navigational ones, they are purely communicational ones. put them 10 km behind each gate, out of the way.

as for the docking...I don't know on that one, you may have to play with enemy/friend statuses
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 03:08

well, there not just for communications, there trading satlites, so it makes sense they are within range of stations, i know standard satalites dont technically need to be in range to find the prices, but it would make sure sense if they were.

i could set it to foe to the player so they cant dock, but i dont really want it as an enemy, im gonna try and find another way first

Tritous
x3tc

hmmm

Post by Tritous » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 14:15

notoriety isn't just based on the whole race, I'm sure you can set it for individual ships and stations too. Or at least, I know individual ships and stations do have different affinities to the races even when they are the same race.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 14:21

yeah i know i can do it for stations, but my point was, that stations will then show up as an emeny to you.

althou i've found a way around it, so the shipyard will availabe in the next version :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.40

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 16:22

V1.40
* Changed position of satlites so its around central of all stations.
* Added Merchant guild shipyard
* The guild sends out ships to replace satalites

Merchants Guild Shipyard:

A few shipyards will be built by the merchants guild around the universe where you can buy a range of merchant ships.
Docking will only be allowed to those members of the guild and the ships will only be avaialble for high level members of the guild.
The station will have higher priority for merchant missions, tranders network and traders market on the BBS.

When a new shipyard is built, there will be a BBS news article broadcast where the new station is built, so check the BBS for these ;)

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 20:00

The BBS anouncement for the new station doesn't give the actual sector name where the station is placed. It just displays $SECTOR$ where it should display the sector name.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 20:03

yeah, just download it again, and it will be fixed :)

i made a silly mistake that i only noticed after, but i've since updated the package just with the same version

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 14:47

Cycrow.. ;)

I'm not sure whether you bodged some of the sound files or something or not. But now whenever I get promoted in the Merchants Guild I get betty saying to me "This is a pirated copy of X3" :lol:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 14:59

haha, i think i used the wrong sound id

thats id 42, the promited is id 41 :oops:

i shall fix that in the next version

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 15:03

lmao, all good fun. ;)
But I did nearly shit myself the first time I heard it. :p

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 17:28

Doublepost, but whilst I'm here I'll mention it anyway.

Something that I noticed In this guild, sometimes I would receive missions asking me to transport a ware to another station such as "Please take these 100 crystals to blablabla in sector blabla"
I go and do the mission but when I dock at the station to unload the wares I receive no message or notification of successfully completing the mission.
however I do get paid and the wares are removed from my cargobay.
Would it be possible to have a simple "Thanks, here's your money" message upon delivery like some other missions do?

Also, regarding this same mission, after successfully completing these deliveries I sometimes get a message from the person who originally recruited me for the job about 10-15 minutes later with no text.

Here's an example:

[ external image ][ external image ]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 04:31

hhmm, interesting, ill have to have look, it should send a mesage saying you completled it

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 10:00

Ok, now there is definately some weirdness with that mission.
I just got another one of these empty messages from someone I completed a delivery mission for almost an hour beforehand.
But this time there was an added nasty surprise! because after receiving the message my bank account (8 million+) was all gone!
So, I reloaded to just before receiving that message and took a screenshot of my current personal status, it shows my current balance of 8,328,726 credits:
Note the time index, "764-11-01 06:51"

[ external image ]

a few seconds later I get the empty message, right on cue:
Note the time index, "764-11-01 06:52"

[ external image ]

As soon as I get this message, even before I click on the 'OK' button, my money is reduced to zero:
Note the time index, "764-11-01 06:52"

[ external image ]

I'm not too bothered about the credits, I can just script those back and I'll carry on as though it never happened, but I don't think I will be taking on anymore of those delivery missions again. :p
All the other components of the Merchants Guild seem to be functioning normally though.

I am running X3 1.4.02 (although this has happened once before with just stock 1.4)
I am also running the following scripts:

[ external image ]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 17:28

its the mission where you deliever ware from one station to the next, and they load the cargo in the ship for you ?

or is it the wanted mission where they ask for a certain number of wares to be delievered ?

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 18:16

This is ware delivery, they load it onto my ship and ask me to take them to another station.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.41

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 18:54

ok, seems there was a slight error in the text file causing the problem
try the new version, it should be fixed now
not sure about the missing money thou, if it still happens, let me know

V1.41
* Changed application to guild only avaialbe from guild stations.
* Increased maximum number of guild stations
* Fixed promotion sound
* Fixed blank message displaying.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 21:22

Having a strange problem with this guild. I had a problem similar to the one mentioned several posts ago, did a transport ware from one station to another, got to the destination station and the ware (in this case crystals) were removed from cargo. I never recieved any message saying I completed or failed the mission, and that was several game-hours ago. Ever since then I haven't been able to find any other merchant missions, not from regular stations, nor from visiting several merchant stations. It's almost like the quest is still being flagged as in progress, so wont give any more. I updated to the latest version, but still no joy. :(
Is there a way to force the game to start offering missions again?
I tried removing the script and continuing for a few hours then putting it back in, but still nothing.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 22:31

the quest scripts should show up in the global scripts, so you can kill it, this should allow missions to be available.

do you know if you got paid for the mission ?
is this the one there they give you the wares and you deleiver them to another station ?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 23:35

Never seen any quest scripts for merchant running in global, and I check it fairly often just to see how many I have running, but will check again to be sure.
Don't know if I got paid for it or not as I have 10 UTs running, so it's hard to keep track of how much my money changes at any given time. (wish there were a bank history to see things like that)
I was given the crystals when I accepted the mission, although I didn't notice that until after I had docked at a crystal fab to grab some and noticed I already had them.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 04:44

Nothing in global for merchants, just a couple for mercenary guild, and now assassin. I went and reset my the global variable for the guild to see if it will offer them again once I rejoin the guild, just have to find a merchant shipyard to test that.
BTW, I noticed that you have the 'prize' for max level in merchant commented out. What about instead of giving a carrier, as it is currently setup, have it give a random TL, as a TL is mostly used to setup stations to make money and would kindof fit the theme of the guild.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”