[SCRIPT] Merchants Guild V1.50 : Updated 11/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this scripts

5. Excelant
60%
4. Good
27%
3. Average
7%
2. Not so good
No votes
1. Bad
1%
Not really my thing
4%

Total votes: 70

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 23:01

the script is a timer script, it isn't ment to simply be run from outside, its used along with the AL Plugin system.

theres usually several stations created, but as said, thier positions are random.

so theres no way of telling exactly where they are.
if they get destroyed, new ones will be created, but it takes several game hours for that to happen

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 23:41

I have seen a script for XTM, which allows you to create a shipyard, in whichever sector, at whatever position you want.

Perhaps you could use it to alter this script?

Just a thought :D
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 00:18

Oooh sounds like fun, but I have another challenge, heh.

My 'work' game hangs solid when I try to open any "freight" or ship inventory screen. Only Windows Task Manager can close the game. Ugh.

I gotta fix that first, but yah, I would like to try the station spawn script.

But wait! The Position of MGSY is stored in some file, prolly in the script or t folder.

If I could just find that file, then tweak new position coords... can I then Move a shipyard?

Urg! Which file?... I'm getting no hits searching for "Merchants Guild Shipyard"... must... find... it... lol

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 00:30

best thing to do is to open the script install file. wether that is a .zip/rar or a PM file, only you will know. The files used by the MG will be there.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 20:07

Ahhh, brute force again wins the day, hang problem solved. Something in the soundtrack or MOV folder was corrupt.

So now I can transfer my happy MGSY from home PC to work PC. :)

Good enough for now.

I think I will be delving into these scripts more deeply though. I won't be writing my own, but I want and should be able to tweak them.

Thanks again for all the great tips!

:lol:

Edit: Oh and THANKS Cycrow for writing Merchants Guild!!! It brings back the feel of Privateer / Privateer 2 : The Darkening. Only better! Excellent!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 17:07

if you want to be a bit of scripting yourself, its a fairly easy change to have the station appear at a certain point.

simply copy the al.merchant.timer.station script to something else.
then edit the new one and remove the arguments at the top, and the first 2 lines

Code: Select all

001   skip if $al.state[1]
002    return null
then change these lines

082    $x =  = random value from -40000 to 40000 - 1
083    $y =  = random value from -40000 to 40000 - 1
084    $z =  = random value from -40000 to 40000 - 1
085    if not $sector -> exists
086     $sector = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get sector
087     $sector =  find a random sector: startsector=$sector, jumps=100, owner=null
088    end
to your own numbers.
u can replace the random value, with a set value

082    $x =  1000
083    $y =  0
084    $z =  0
085    $sector = Argon Prime
that would spawn the station 1km from the center of Argon Prime

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 17:10

Oooow SWEET!! I'm gonna do that, THANKS!!

:lol:

HappyTHug

Post by HappyTHug » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 11:59

Hey Cycrow, I appreciate all the love you put into this game, but here to point some blairing unbalance with this mod.

Sometimes you will get a quest where you must deliver a ton of weapons or other expensive products to another place for a paltry sum. Except you don't have to buy the weapons. They give you them, hundreds of them. So if you decide to instead just sell the weapons you make millions and millions. Faaar more worth it to fail these quests!

So, unfortunately, I'd say when the reward for failing a quest is faaar faaar greater than succeeding, and you can get game breaking amounts of money from it... well I'd have to say that this mod as broken.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”