[Script] Autotransfer Alternative and Station Profit Monitoring v1.23 7-3-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fortysix2nz
x3

Post by fortysix2nz » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 23:24

Weird, I use the SPK myself, and it works fine. You downloaded v1.2. If you go to the scripts directory and doubleclick on JR.AutoMoneyTransfer.xml the top should read:

Script JR.AutoMoneyTransfer
Version: 2
for Script Engine Version: 31
Description
Autotransfers credits to player, keps record of credits transfered
Arguments

* 1: UpperCap , Number , 'Transfer at:'
* 2: LowerCap , Number , 'Lower credit cap:'

Did ZIP work?

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 14:22

Yep, I have that version as above.

Just tried again and I only get one screen asking or upper limit. Tried on many station types.

I think it would be useful if someone else had a quick test as it may be my game which is corrupt (I use over 20 other scripts).

Still, I do hope to get it working when I next reinstall :)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 14:43

How did I miss this the whole time? THANK YOU, this is something that is sorely missed in the original game. No idea why this feature was taken out of the trade software MK3.

fortysix2nz
x3

Post by fortysix2nz » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 20:35

@djssuk

the line-
* 2: LowerCap , Number , 'Lower credit cap:'

should ensure you get asked for a lower cap. Since its an argument. I really don't know what is wrong if you have the line on the script you downloaded. PM me if you want and I'll give you an email address you can send a save too.

@Mailo

Cheers. I felt the same and it worked out to be a good first script for me to write.

cragganmore
x3

Post by cragganmore » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 08:07

Hi fortysix2nz,

I'm running into an odd issue when running DDRS at the same time as your Autotransfer Alternative and Station Profit Monitoring v1.2, and I wanted to see if you'd heard of this happening before.

Whenever I try to assign a station a new command (Station->"Command Console"->Add a new command), in the list of available commands a couple of your commands are replaced with DDRS commands. Specifically, the "Autotransfer Credits [AutoT.St]" command is replaced by "Build Ship [BuSh]" and the "Request Update [AutoT.Pr]" command is replaced by "Remodel Ship [ReSh]" If I do a "Reinit Script Caches," everything is fine (the DDRS scripts disappear and yours appear in the correct location). But I have to reinit the cache every time I run the game (the fix isn't persistent).

Are you aware of any way to fix this? I can't remove the DDRS mod, as all my current save games are using this mod. And I'd really like to use your scripts - they add so much value to my play!

Thanks for any input.

fortysix2nz
x3

Post by fortysix2nz » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 08:57

Hey, I'll have a look and get back to you. Probably both scripts assigning to same command slots.

EDIT

Well, I've fixed the problem by changing the command slots I used. Still, DDRS should probably be in the sticky.

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 23:13

fortysix2nz wrote:well, I've fixed the problem by changing the command slots I used. Still, DDRS should probably be in the sticky.
could you please upload it? because the downloadable version is still 1.2 = conflict with DDRS :(

fortysix2nz
x3

Post by fortysix2nz » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 23:33

its not actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if its wrong. I did it reasonably late at night. I also didn't bother to actually rename the ZIP. I have now. If you still have a conflict I'll fix it tonight. And thoroughly test it.

EDIT

Ok, I changed the links to say what they're downloading. They should download v1.22 but I'm not 100% sure this'll fix it. Please tell me if it does/doesn't. I haven't had a chance to test it. If someone knows about these things, what I did as simply change the references in the t file to command slots 44,45,46 instead of 41,42,43. Is this the best way? or do I need to edit the setup file to refer to the correct commands?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 14:37

fortysix2nz, I just tried using ur script, created the monitoring files, but after 45mins of gameplay, the log files only show "0,0" even tho the timings are 5mins. I created about 10 logfiles (00001 to 00010) and all of them show only the headings, station name and "0,0".

Is the correct order of activation as such:
1) Set upper limit and lower limit.
2) Set logfile and timing.
3) Do request update.

I notice after doing steps 1 and 2, the station command slot actually showed "Unknown command!" instead of None. After doing 3), it goes to None after about 2 seconds.

EDIT: Looking at the scripts, the Autotransfer script, I noticed the write to log code is commented out?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 13:56

Ok I think the problem (or is it just me) was that after 2.0.2 the command ware points elsewhere, so instead of mapping to the command it shows ReadText in the Command argument and thus "Unknown Command!" in the command slot.

Resetting the value, now the station command slot shows the right values. No wonder it "didn't work", cuz each Autotransfer and Monitor Station command must occupy 1 slot each.

Alienmoe
x3

Post by Alienmoe » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 21:59

Ok I think the problem (or is it just me) was that after 2.0.2 the command ware points elsewhere, so instead of mapping to the command it shows ReadText in the Command argument and thus "Unknown Command!" in the command slot.
So does 1.23 work with 2.0.02?

Just starting to get bored with the game, and so looking for scripts, but i have no idea what to do if one goes wrong... hence the caution.
I <3 UTs :D

Alienmoe "But come on. You screwed up if you're dead."
Parazac "in my case, they should change the words to:
'uh oh, you just tried something silly didnt you!'"
-Talking about "The End"

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 03:47

Alienmoe wrote:
So does 1.23 work with 2.0.02?

Just starting to get bored with the game, and so looking for scripts, but i have no idea what to do if one goes wrong... hence the caution.
U'll need (I think!) to meddle with it in the SE. That's what I did. It prolly does work already, I just didn't like "Unknown Command!" showing in my station slots. Just remember to use separate slots for each Autotransfer and Monitoring command. Even the Request Update command, u have to use a separate slot.

Just update the Command Name argument to properly reflect the command. Or I can upload the updated script.

El Tea
x3

Post by El Tea » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 04:26

If anyone can update this script, I would really like to see it working in the new version again. I really like the text file stat tracking.

El Tea

Sambo
x3

Post by Sambo » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 11:47

Hi Arcana75,

It sounds like you've found a solution to the issue I'm also having with 'Unknown Command!' coming up in the station command console. I've read your instructions about how to fix this, but I'm not exactly sure what is exactly required, are you able to upload the fix or more detailed instructions?

I would be very appreciative of your help!

Cheers,

Sam.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 04:13

I would love to have the fixed version myself. Does anyone have a good download link for the fixed version? Thanks in advance. ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”