[Script] Cargo Delivery Service V1.04 07/01/06 (July 1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think?

Excellent
71%
Good
19%
OK
4%
Poor
2%
Terrible
No votes
Not really my thing
4%

Total votes: 126

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 00:10

I agree with you: I think 10% is too low. I'll probably get around soon to releasing a new version with a change to 25%, but until that happens, if you're so inclined, the code itself is fairly easy to modify. Look in the code on lines 50 and 56 for some / 10's and change the 10 to a 4. That should do it.

Oh, the script to modify would be the plugin.CDS.lib.work.

If you do change the code yourself, remember to manually reissue orders to your freighters again, as the game won't do the auto-restart without other modifications.

b-falcon
x3tc

Cargo Delivery Service - Klaatu

Post by b-falcon » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 13:32

Have been using the CDS 1.03 and its good. Is there any way to adjust the percentage left at a station as, for example I am producing crystals in teladi space solely for the purpose of powering an Solar power station in Argon space and use CDS in 2 way mode?

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 17:23

Yes, of course. Similar to the change to the minimum amount to haul, the station reserve can be set by changing the 10's in lines 43 and 59. Line 43 changes it for the station you're at, and 59 changes it for the reserve at the other station. Keep in mind this is a divisor, so 10 leaves 10%, 4 leaves 25%, 25 would leave 4%, and 100 would leave 1%.

Also, after making the change and before reissuing orders to your freighters to do a "Reinit script caches" or whatever it's called. Forgot to mention that in the previous post.

HTH

GRANDADDYGRIND
x3

Post by GRANDADDYGRIND » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 15:48

Hi can anybody help.......

Have today downloaded the script installer and installed.

Then downloaded 'Cargo delivery script1.03' by Klaatu.

Followed the instructions and selected where my x3 install is
...C/prog files/deepsilver/x3reunionetc

Then installed the script and it has appeared in the installed script section saying that it is enabled (Green).

Now i have assumed that this is all i do (probably wrong) and loaded the game.... first off i tried a save game in which i have transports assigned to a station (BTW i do not know if scripts can be used with a save game so can sum1 confirm or deny) i checked their trade command section and nothing different(they have T Com Softwae 2)

After this i attempted to start a new game and bought t Com soft 2 for my Mercury and still nothing.

Is there somthing that i have missed completely or do i have a major problem ( not personally :lol: )

I am running X3 - 1.3
All help welcome thanks.
Entering System --- Autopilot off.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 22:07

Have you enabled the script editor? Does 'Thereshallbewings' ring a bell?

Just asking, because that's a common reason some people can't get scripts to work in game. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see some of the sticky posts in this forum.

If you have enabled the script editor, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Try another script by someone else and see if theirs has the same problem, or if it's just the CDS script. If it's all scripts that don't work, then it's something general with your game or something. But if it's just the CDS software you can't get working but others do, reply back and we'll look into it some more.

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 23:00

Might be the same issue someone had with my RedStar Dynamic TradeNet. Assuming the editor has been activated at some point in the past, once the scripts are installed the player needs to load his save, then save it again, then reload it again. This should pick up the new commands.

Cheers,

Rob.

Solar Surfer
x3

Post by Solar Surfer » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 23:31

Hi
I have a strange, well i wouldnt call it problem, but after i installed the script and all, i dont get correct messages or correct texts.
When i go into the trade menue for my freighters the text i get is ReadText2010-458 and ReadText2010-489
Now i more or less was able to gues waht each text means and selcted it accordingly. So far they seem to work fine, except that i see that my freighters are executing an unknown command and when damaged i do get a message that says ReadText8316-1 or ReadText8316-5 and the ships fly to a far sector :o

Do you know how i can get the correct messages and texts?

inR
x3

Post by inR » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 06:02

Hi, your script is one the essential ones around IMO. I have a question though, I equiped one of my freighters running the 2 way delivery with a jumpdrive... it works so well that the freighter seems to be able to jump without using any ecells :? even more incredible it doesn't seem to come out of the jump through the gate but directly around center of the sector :? although it is very convenient, I feel it is kinda like cheating.

Anyone encountered same thing ? Could it be caused by a conflict with the Station Manager plugin ? (even though it is not running on the concerned freighter and the 2 stations it supplies)

Thanks for your reply.
Best regards.

Rainen
x3

Post by Rainen » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 07:00

I have caught my UTs jumping to middle of sectors with unmodified game, maybe its x3 not script and the readme says they grab ecells from station they are leaving if available. If thats not what is going on then sorry i have no idea :D

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 03:27

Initially I had great results with this script either with one-way or both-ways freight transfer. But after a while--a few game-hours to a game-day--it just stops working and needs to be restarted. Even then it sometimes just doesn't work for specific stations, even though all the required parameters are in place; i.e. enough E-cells stocked at Hub, plenty of Ore at mine, no ore at Hub, no E-cells at mine, plenty of funds in stations' account.

Maybe it's some other script to script conflict, as I've got about a dozen scripts running--mainly LV's and Cycrow's. The CDS should work, sometimes does work--then stops. Any ideas?

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 09:53

I,m a bit thick here, but at each of the two stations, do you select the resource or the product? I,m trying to use this script to transport from a complex to a silicon mine and visa-versa. At each of those stations I can select energy cells and silicon wafers, so what do I select at each end?

Thanks,

Texy

mrkdhrvy
x4

Post by mrkdhrvy » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 16:59

havent played in some time, but from what i can remember, you select the product that you will be exporting from your station. So, for example, you'll want to select energy cells from your complex and a silicon wafers from your mine. someone please correct me if i have it wrong.
give this a try to see if it works.
also, you could get the tractor-beam and move your silicon mine over to the complex. this is what i ended up doing in the long run. i used this script as a temporary fix until i had the patience to move the mine.

good luck!

Kelval
x3

Post by Kelval » Tue, 2. May 06, 18:52

I have made a whole free trading zone ( using 3 zones, in fact) using CDS, and it works pretty fine with around 30 stations and lots of freighters.

It took me around two weeks playing 1 to 4 hrs a day to set that up ( mainly because I sucked at the start, and I didn't have the needed logistics).

Do you want me to show that here for fun, or should I make a new topic (or should I just shut up)?

Lord Hellmchen
x3

Post by Lord Hellmchen » Wed, 3. May 06, 11:15

Hi guys!

It sounds stupid but ..... I don't get this thing working! :oops:

I installed it with the XScriptInstaller.... the commands are in the trade menu and now I try to deliver energy cells from an energy complex to a weapons complex one way. Commands are accepted but nothing happens!

So what am I doing wrong??? Some parameters or equipment I missed?
Or is it because the energy cells are no primary goods?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

BTW... thanks to all scripters and modders etc for doing all that work. Great job!

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Sun, 2. Jul 06, 01:48

New version released (see first post).

Only one minor change: Your freighter now waits for 25% of its cargo bay to be full before heading out. It was 10%, which seemed too low. 25% seems to work better, at least for me. If you like it at 10%, just keep using 1.03.

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 22:22

I have been using this script for many complexes now. It's a MUST.

I did notice a strange thing though...

I have in Ore Belt two silicon mines (stand-alone) and one Energy Complex XL. This time, I could not get it to work :gruebel: . From my Silicon mine, I just asked the transporters for a simple One-way delivery of Silicon to the Energy Complex. Command accepted, but the transporters did not move. Huh?

*EDIT* Problem was the treshold...
Last edited by CreHater on Thu, 3. Aug 06, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 22:47

Hmmm, I may have been wrong. It could very well be that it cannot be started because I did not have enough energy in the mines. Not enough energy means that the treshold is not reached and the trader does not move.

This treshold is not handy when you just start your loop... And it would also mean that the Two-way delivery is even harder to start.

deathc4
x3

Post by deathc4 » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 05:17

This is not working for me. I used X Script Manager to install it just as was recomended. I get into the game and none of my ships have the new options. Anyone know what the hell is going on?

UPDATE: Nevermind. Just had to save the game so the settings would load. Works now. SWEEEEEET!!!
Iä Iä Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Koci
x3tc

Post by Koci » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 11:39

Strange, I use newest Cycrow Script Manager (1.71) - when I hit
Install new script button and I want to install this script nothing is changed, I don't see this script in "Installed scripts" window :-(

Few times download, the same...........

Best Regards

Koci

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 18:22

I think you still need to activate the script editor, before the scripts work.

See the sticky at the top:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96337

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”