[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Wed, 15. Mar 06, 06:21

Two factories were added to Tfactories.xml in the 1.4 patch. This means that attempting to use Ashley's mod as-is with the patch will mess up the two new factories somewhere in an existing game.
Once the mod has been brought in-line with 1.4, this also means that pre-1.4 save games that already include any of the XL factories will be broken.

@Ashley, feel free to alter the lib.Ashley.XL.Fabs.setup.xml to bring it inline with your mod if you want. If you wish I can make the necessary modifications to everything and bring it upto 1.4 standards.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:17

Finally the long awaited for 1.4 is out! That kinda makes me happy... too bad im 2 days late in getting the info. I will update the mod soon as I get a chance.

Ashley
Last edited by Saint-Ashley on Fri, 17. Mar 06, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:23

Fwiw, I'm on 1.4, and loaded a save with a complex using XL fabs. It worked on load, and still works now.

That said, is it possible to change the "size" of the final fabs' production? Say, a missle fab is an "S" now (1), would the game throw a fit trying to make an M/L/XL version of it?

ie Thunderbolt Missle Factory L?

Just brainstorming. I think the game might have some serious issues with it.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:27

Well, i had a ctd in the game when i tried to look at the sector containing one of the crystal xl fabs in a complex in the galaxy map.

So although a saved game seems to load fine it still may cause some problems. Ihaven't tried to duplicate the problem though so it may have been some other issue, but when i removed the xl fabs from the complex i was able to use patch 1.4 fine.

Maybe it would be a good idea to insert some dummy factory definitions (copies from the last original factory for example) into the mod ahead of the new l and xl definitions. As X3 seems to index factories relative to their position in the file in a savegame those dummy lines could be used as a buffer for future egosoft additions.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 19:49

Strange. I've even docked at both my complexes without a problem. Maybe I'm lucky? :)

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 20:16

fud wrote:Fwiw, I'm on 1.4, and loaded a save with a complex using XL fabs. It worked on load, and still works now.

That said, is it possible to change the "size" of the final fabs' production? Say, a missle fab is an "S" now (1), would the game throw a fit trying to make an M/L/XL version of it?

You would be able to load your save game with with no problems because the Tfactories.xml from the mod overrides the new Tfactories.xml from the patch. That will allow the XL facs to work perfectly fine...until the game tries to place the 2 new factories. When it does, those facs will be the first 2 factories from the mod, instead of the new ones.

I don't think the game will acknowledge M/L/XL weapon/shield fabs, although you can try. I just know that the game doesn't recognize the XL ore and silicon mines once they are placed. They'll show up correctly in the TL when you select them, but once it's placed on an asteroid they turn into normal L mines.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 20:31

So, what you're saying is, I should be fine, unless I try to make another fab into XL in the tfact file?

The XL mines do however, have the right production numbers for an XL sized fab. IIRC, they're twice what the L is, they're just recognized as L in name. I'll check it again when I get home.

ie, the sil mine holds 50000 ecells, and produces 10 wafers per cycle, but for whatever reason, the game doesn't recognize it as the XL like the other edited fabs.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 17:00

fud wrote:That said, is it possible to change the "size" of the final fabs' production? Say, a missle fab is an "S" now (1), would the game throw a fit trying to make an M/L/XL version of it?

Yes the game would have a serious issue with that I beleive...

A missile fab or sheild fab anything of the "tech" type is identified by a 1 in factory size.

Any M/L/XL fabs are identified by M = 2 / L = 5 / XL = 10

But... I can check and see if they *happen* to work as im editing the T file now...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 01:30

Yeah, I figured something was screwy there (the two new fabs). I tried the copy/paste of a new one, and my game didn't like it. :)

That said, it is possible to make M/L/XL sized shield/weapon fabs. I just did some testing this weekend. Got an XL-sized BHEPT forge. While it may be convenient, you pay *dearly* for it. Since it's in essence 10 BHEPT forges, I made it 10x as much to buy (90M for the Split version). But, it also produces 10 BHEPT lasers every 1:40:00.

Again, it also steps up the requirements for a loop (as it should). It's basically 10 forges in one station, so it's also sucking up 10x the resources.

I've been playing with Merroc's calculator to get it to work with all the new larger fabs, but I'm not having any luck :)

I have no problem with making the larger fabs. To me, it's worth it to pay 2/5/10X as much for a single factory that does the work of 2/5/10 normals ones. Beats the hell out of trying to place/connect 20 HEPT forges...

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 03:00

fud wrote:That said, it is possible to make M/L/XL sized shield/weapon fabs. I just did some testing this weekend. Got an XL-sized BHEPT forge. While it may be convenient, you pay *dearly* for it. Since it's in essence 10 BHEPT forges, I made it 10x as much to buy (90M for the Split version). But, it also produces 10 BHEPT lasers every 1:40:00.
That being said, fud, do you want me to add in tech factories? say maybe only XL because its not like anyone will want a M or L...

Besides that above I do have the updated mod completed, it just needs to be packed. But...
Armegeddon wrote:@Ashley, feel free to alter the lib.Ashley.XL.Fabs.setup.xml to bring it inline with your mod if you want. If you wish I can make the necessary modifications to everything and bring it upto 1.4 standards.
I have updated the lib, shall I add it to the mod or hand to you for your custom fact library thread? Either way I will make sure you get the deserved credit.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 06:02

SaintAshley wrote:
fud wrote:That said, it is possible to make M/L/XL sized shield/weapon fabs. I just did some testing this weekend. Got an XL-sized BHEPT forge. While it may be convenient, you pay *dearly* for it. Since it's in essence 10 BHEPT forges, I made it 10x as much to buy (90M for the Split version). But, it also produces 10 BHEPT lasers every 1:40:00.
That being said, fud, do you want me to add in tech factories? say maybe only XL because its not like anyone will want a M or L...

Besides that above I do have the updated mod completed, it just needs to be packed. But...
Armegeddon wrote:@Ashley, feel free to alter the lib.Ashley.XL.Fabs.setup.xml to bring it inline with your mod if you want. If you wish I can make the necessary modifications to everything and bring it upto 1.4 standards.
I have updated the lib, shall I add it to the mod or hand to you for your custom fact library thread? Either way I will make sure you get the
deserved credit.
Either works. It'll only take me about 5 minutes to realign the variables in the setup script to be correct. That's why I named each variable what the factory should be. If you decide to add XL weapon/shield fabs, you can just add more variables to the setup script and add the proper lines to setup products/resources.
As for adding only XL weapon/shield fabs, I can imagine instances where you might want only M/L fabs instead of a XL. Such as if you have a complex with a single open node that produces more resources than a normal fab would use, but not enough for a XL.
One other thing, I believe DeadlyDa will be adding blank factory slots to Tfactories.xml for use with the DDRS mod so future patches don't interfere with the mod again. Have you done something similar with your mod? If so, how many empty slots did you add? Wondering because, I would want to merge the two mods once the next version of DDRS is released, but I'm not sure how many blanks DD is putting in.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 07:26

I guess I can go ahead and add in M / L / XL tech facts... wont be too hard just time consumeing. I alerdy have DeadlyDa's 2.1 factory inserted in Tfactories like I did last time, as far as the blank slots... well I would like to get his version of Tfacts and then append mine to be honest... So that being said Im kinda really waiting on him heh... Even to start playing X3 again.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 07:48

Heh, I'm pretty much waiting on him before I build any factories or anything. Too bad he's out of town for this week, so can't upload anything till next weekend.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 07:55

Oh, one other thing. If you decide to do the lib setup script for my utility and include the entire thing with your mod, you don't need to to include the setup.Custom.Factory.xml with it, just append the

Code: Select all

@ START [THIS] -> call script 'lib.Custom.Factory.Checker' : 
to the end of your setup script to cut down on clutter.
You can also probably remove the lib.Custom.Factory.Stop.xml as well as I think I'm going to incorporate that into the *.List script next version. I have a couple ideas to add some more functionabilty to the lib, but I don't think it will mess up any existing lists.
Also, please make sure lib.Custom.Factory.List.xml and lib.Custom.Factory.Checker.xml are marked as shared if using Cycrows script packager. That way if someone happens to have your mod, and any other scripts that utilize it, they wont lose the lib.Custom* files if they uninstall one of them.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 15:51

SaintAshley wrote:I guess I can go ahead and add in M / L / XL tech facts... wont be too hard just time consumeing. I alerdy have DeadlyDa's 2.1 factory inserted in Tfactories like I did last time, as far as the blank slots... well I would like to get his version of Tfacts and then append mine to be honest... So that being said Im kinda really waiting on him heh... Even to start playing X3 again.
That's cool. How are they added to the tfact file? More specifically, where? I can do it easily enough in my game. But I think I'm copying/pasting into the wrong spots since the game craps out when I add a new fab.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 00:25

fud wrote:That's cool. How are they added to the tfact file? More specifically, where? I can do it easily enough in my game. But I think I'm copying/pasting into the wrong spots since the game craps out when I add a new fab.
Its quite a simple task, first off make sure their appeneded to the end of the file (this means hit "no" when copy and pasteing). Then to change the facts size theirs an unknown value set as 1/2/5/10, (im sure these can be figuered out by just about anyone with basic knowledge of the factories).

@Armegeddon, Okay thanks, I will attempt to figure all that out! :P

@Everyone, for future compatability with X3 updates Im holding off on updateing the mod to create a good Tfactories file (combined with DeadlyDA's. As he is adding blank slots Ive heard for a buffer). I will also include some blank slots after his factories, (incase he ever gets mod hungry on factories :P)

So, for short a small wait now to attempt file security compatability with future game versions.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 01:41

As im going through all the factories im noticeing EX:

Argon Shield Production Facility 125 MJ
Boron Shield Production Facility 125 MJ

Are the only two races with 125 MJ sheilds besides EX:

Argon Medium Shield Production Complex
Boron Medium Shield Production Complex
Paranid Medium Shield Production Complex
Split Medium Shield Production Complex
Teladi Medium Shield Production Complex

Which all have 25 MJ AND 125 MJ shields.

*Edit: Will attempt to add in larger Complex's (not sure how well that will work)*

Now... Shall I add 125 MJ sheilds for ALL races? (this would mean the Argon BoB file will be used for all races, the Boron 125 MJ also alerdy uses the Argon BoB file...) Adding Missile fabs for all races is going to be Heck as im not even sure how many different missile fabs their are to start out with.

Does anyone know if their is a limit to how many products a station can sell? (shipyards ex...)

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 01:49

SaintAshley wrote:As im going through all the factories im noticeing EX:

Argon Shield Production Facility 125 MJ
Boron Shield Production Facility 125 MJ

Are the only two races with 125 MJ sheilds besides EX:

Argon Medium Shield Production Complex
Boron Medium Shield Production Complex
Paranid Medium Shield Production Complex
Split Medium Shield Production Complex
Teladi Medium Shield Production Complex

Which all have 25 MJ AND 125 MJ shields.

*Edit: Will attempt to add in larger Complex's (not sure how well that will work)*

Now... Shall I add 125 MJ sheilds for ALL races? (this would mean the Argon BoB file will be used for all races, the Boron 125 MJ also alerdy uses the Argon BoB file...) Adding Missile fabs for all races is going to be Heck as im not even sure how many different missile fabs their are to start out with.

Does anyone know if their is a limit to how many products a station can sell? (shipyards ex...)
When I was attempting to make Stevio's Combat fabs work via the library I made, I discovered that factories with multiple products do not work well when they are placed in a complex. They'll work perfectly fine while standalone, ie: They will produce one of the products during a cycle, then produce the next product on the following cycle and alternate based on what appears to be the volume of the product so that there are always an equal volume of the products in stock. NOTE: That is VOLUME of the product, not amount.
Once they are placed in a complex, the multi-product fabs only produce whatever product they were working on when added to the complex. I was unable to figure out a way to correct that without a lengthy script constantly running on the factory/complex, so gave up on it.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 02:52

Okay... What does EVERYONE think about haveing a SINGLE shipyard PER race that sells ALL the factories includeing the increased size ones? (hint this is about 100 factories per race)

@Armegeddon I guess I will look into the complexes as I would like to set them up into a larger complex myself :P

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 06:22

SaintAshley wrote:Okay... What does EVERYONE think about haveing a SINGLE shipyard PER race that sells ALL the factories includeing the increased size ones? (hint this is about 100 factories per race)
I think that would make the shipyards quite a pain to navigate through. How about just a single shipyard for each race that sells ONLY the increased size ones? But don't put it near the main race sectors. For Argon, near Akeela's Beacon or Midnight Star. Boron, by Light Water or Mists of Elysium. Split, Rhy's Crusade or Family Zrt. Teladi, The Vault or Merchant Haven. Paranid, hmm...they really only have 2 areas, central ones by Paranid Prime or around Friar's Retreat. Could put it in Heretic's End, but might be difficult to get to after finishing the plot due to the Terran ships.
Or stick them in the Unkown Sectors. :twisted:
I'd prefer they not be near the main race sectors because, personally, I think that they would be like the Research stations. A place where new technologies are devoloped and not normally available for general use.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”