[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:22

SaintAshley wrote: I find that odd as well... I have my own mod that has at least 10 different mods combined for my own use, includeing the no civs, of course I dont have problems with mine. Whose no civs mod you using or did you just delete the ship lines 6001-6004 (I belevive thats the civ ships)?

Ashley
No Civilians v1.0 by cactus

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 16:14

Naffarin wrote:Another remark, i doubt that it is a good idea to rename the station ids in TFactories to SS_FAC_A_TECH205_1 and SS_FAC_A_TECH205_2, because these ids don't exist in the file WareTemplate.xml so npc factories will not produce with the usual resources.

It doesn't help with the player owned factories though, which just need energy cells to produce crystals.
According to nuclear_eclipse the npcs wont even buy these factories so that shouldnt become a problem.

After I get back from my morning classes im just going to rewrite the whole TFactories, all I have to do is copy the stations and append it to a different file. Anyways a new version will be released today sometime, hopefully this will solve saveing.

Ashley

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:19

To clarify, as long as the stations arre listed past the normal 'end' of the factories list, the NPC's won't use them because it is out or range for their normal set of stations as defined in the galaxy map. If you wanted them to use the stations, you'd need to update the galaxy map to include the stations as actual or 'possible' station locations (how npc station purchases are handled). But by doing that, you WOULD need to start a new game for that to take effect.

EDIT: Try turning off the sorting methods in Doubleshadow's editor. Perhaps that is what is causing the movement of station definitions in the T file...

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 21:49

eeeh.

dunno if this is what naffarin means by "broken", but my stations are broken :)

My rimes fact needs energy and argnu beef to make rimes. (this is the only one i checked before the memory leak in x3 forced a reboot)

my self contained hub, 1 XL SPP/cattle/cahoona/silicon/crystal fab has argnu as a sellable product. i would have thought that it would have offered no wares for sale, as it uses them all.

hope you can get this sorted, as this is still a superb idea

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 22:31

nuclear_eclipse wrote:EDIT: Try turning off the sorting methods in Doubleshadow's editor. Perhaps that is what is causing the movement of station definitions in the T file...
Thanks Nuke, though that would have been helpful if I looked at the forum before rewriteing the TFactories... :lol: My faught there.

Fachtna wrote:my self contained hub, 1 XL SPP/cattle/cahoona/silicon/crystal fab has argnu as a sellable product. i would have thought that it would have offered no wares for sale, as it uses them all.
I have the new version ready but Im going to test that problem first. I think I know why your getting argnu as a sellable product, as this is a XL factory it wasnt intended by egosoft to have XL factorys to supply another factory. Im sure you had Energy Cells, Argnu Beef, Meatsteak Cahoonas, Crystals, and Silicon Waffers, as products correct?

Testing new version for these misshapps, oh did I mention I was able to load an old game! :P

Edit: I hope that fixed what ever the problem was, New Version! It is confirmed you can load saves now! :P (Provideing you didnt use this mod alerdy.)

Ashley

Tomcat
x3tc

Post by Tomcat » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 00:37

Hi,

i just tested the mod, unfortunately i found a problem: some factories only need Energy Cells as resource, like the Cahoona Bakery XL or the Crystal Fab XL, that's why people get the the problem with products where no product should be. Like argnu beef as product in a cahoona/cattle ranch complex.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 04:31

Tomcat wrote:some factories only need Energy Cells as resource, like the Cahoona Bakery XL or the Crystal Fab XL
Thank You Tomcat I now have info on WHAT factories are messed up :P

Will check this out...

Edit: I belevie I found the problem, its going to be a long lengthy fix, and will probally alow NPC use as well. As I found how to add resources in the WareTemplate.xml. Will try to have this solved once and for all by tomorrow...

Edit: Well I have edited WareTemplate.xml, but it doesnt seem to have fixed the factories resources. Actully it doesnt seem to have done anything what so ever. Any help to as how factories are assigned resources could be a great help. Thanks.

Ashley

Papio
x3ap

Post by Papio » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 13:17

No idea how to help sorry, i just noticed that my soyery wasn't eating the soy beans :(

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 20:37

No idea either, but i really hope you get this sorted. is a magic idea.

did naffarin not give you some advice on how to sort this?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 00:29

Unfornately this thread has been running dry for the past few days. I think I may have it sorted out for the 1.3.2 BETA version once I get a chance to check. Im hopeing WareTemplete.xml is the only additional file I need to edit. Ive been out of ideas to *fix* this resource problem since I attempted to fix it.

Ashley

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 10:38

Try adding them manualy via a script.
Add / Remove primary resources.
Not sure how you would get the script to run when soemone places a station.
A short solution would be to check the universe every xx seconds for these stations then check for a local variable on the station and add to them if its a new one.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 18:18

so you reckon this is sorted yet?
or is it fixable?

i am holding off placing anything other than XL power plants in anticipation.

If it aint fixable, i will have to start buying normal stations....

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 22:59

Just a few more questions to add to Fachtna's above.

Are you still trying to fix/work on this?

Will it work as intended if i start a new game and just cheat back in the credits and rank i currently have?

As mentioned above can you try to just use a loop to check the universe every X minutes and adjust the primary/secondary of a factory after placed?

I really want to use these stations without having to install the beta patch, so as to make my life and complex management easier, if necessary could you find someone to help you with the coding if your unsure of how to proceed?

Thanks
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 19:44

I noticed last night also, that the Crystal Fab L has a cycle time of 59 seconds, while the regular Ms are 8 minutes. Should it be 8x faster?

Wudnutr
x3

Post by Wudnutr » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 10:13

Could you combine this mod with the DDR Shipmod? Pretty, pretty please? :) If it's even possible, tried the X3 mod manager but no go...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 16:11

Just a bump, since I've as late become really interested in this. Any signs of Ashley lately?

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 20:22

i think he is waiting for the next release. 1.3.2 or summat

shame, cos i think a lot of people are waiting on this. i know i have started a new game and have placed nowt but xl spp's in anticipation

and have 400 million in cash just a waiting to pend on xl crystal fabs etc :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 20:34

I hear ya. It's really easy to make XLs, but like I said (maybe in the other thread), they'd ALL be XL. As it's just a matter of changing one number in the tfact values. So, all crystal fabs, player or NPC would be XL (or any other fab type changed this way). I think it would translate into an economic meltdown.

I don't know if the placement in the tfact file is crucial, or what the deal is. I still for the life of me, haven't found the waretemplate.xml. Maybe I'm blind?

The only issue seems to be getting the resource/requirements right for the new fabs. Getting them into the game and shipyards is pretty cake.

It's frustrating as f**k. :evil:

Have you tried his mod with the new game? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 08:52

I've released a script that allows custom factories to be setup for whatever products/resources you want to put into the configuration file. Please read the information on what it can do and how to set it up correctly. I'll release a configuration file by this weekend that sets up the XL fabs. If I don't get too tired of working on it, I'll make one that is a combination of this mod and DDRS.

Custom Factory Setup Library v1.0
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 00:12

Armegeddon wrote:I've released a script that allows custom factories to be setup for whatever products/resources you want to put into the configuration file. Please read the information on what it can do and how to set it up correctly. I'll release a configuration file by this weekend that sets up the XL fabs. If I don't get too tired of working on it, I'll make one that is a combination of this mod and DDRS.
Armegeddon that sounds like a good idea to me, as I am YET to figure out why I cant add in resources in Waretemplate.xml (which is located under the extracted maps directory) Im suprized a scripter hasent done this alerdy, (as I cannont script :P)

Ashley
Last edited by Saint-Ashley on Fri, 3. Mar 06, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”