[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 22:11

hey is there any way to run this without having to start a new game. all my save when i tired to run them. they say it is corrupted. wile if i go to my old vannlia. it works without a problem. and i tired seeing if someone else had this problem. but take me to long just quicker to ask. would love to get this fixed. need to make my booze complex.

also now it keeps crashing. i have no idea why it is doing it.
The Trade Federation shall rise again MWAHHAHAH

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 26. Mar 08, 19:41

I have a wishlist item for this mod. =)

The XL factories are cool and remove a lot of the tedium in X3 but I see another possibility to help complex builders by increasing the abysmal FPS in complex sectors.

I would like an XLc factory (or XXLc - whatever is largest for the factory type).
This would be identical to the XL version except... no model, no docking clamps and collision detection = off.
All "complex" factories could use this dummy model.

Obviously the only way for this factory to function is as part of a complex. But well... that's the point after all. =P

The factory model would probably have to consist of 1-2 nodes as a bare minimum but that would be a huge FPS advantage over fully rendered factories.

With collision detection off all factories could be deployed in the exact same spot using Snap To positioning so no factory would require more than 2 tubes to connect to the next.
This would be the max possible reduction in sector objects and completely eliminate spaghetti tubing.

I also thought about making this an external mod. It requires modding TFactories.txt (1 dummy entry for each factory size) and 1 blank dummy model to be used by all ghost factories.
The rest is just a script to copy wares and stock levels of existing factories into the apropriate ghost version.

This way opens up another possibility for the script to crunch large numbers of identical factories into XXXXXXXL versions or whatever, reducing the factory count immensely. All that takes are a few extra dummy entries in TFactories with increasing production multipliers.
Factory size is just a number...

I tried some things to reduce factory numbers before but this looks like the first time I could make it work without breaking the rigid hardcoded factory and complex interfaces.
Reduced factory count with fully functional stock level and production progress bars. What a concept! =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Emre Yigit
x3tc

Saint-Ashley XXL mod

Post by Emre Yigit » Sat, 17. May 08, 20:23

Is there one that is compatible with vanilla 2.5?

Thanks in advance.
We are star-stuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sat, 17. May 08, 20:43

Are you sure you have the latest version i play 2.5+XTM+XXL without problems.
You need to make sure you select the correct start up profile in the modmanger in the startup splash screen

Emre Yigit
x3tc

Post by Emre Yigit » Sat, 17. May 08, 22:02

Hmm.

I try to open up the file using cycrow's plugin manager, and get a warning that this is compatible only with 2.0.0.2 and Bala Gi. If I carry on regardless and try to run the game, it doesn't work.

Do you know whether this is the correct thread to get the mod?:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=124562 ?

EDIT: Note I said vanilla 2.5. I am not running XTM.
We are star-stuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

darthraven
x4

Post by darthraven » Sat, 17. May 08, 22:28

Emre Yigit wrote:Hmm.

I try to open up the file using cycrow's plugin manager, and get a warning that this is compatible only with 2.0.0.2 and Bala Gi. If I carry on regardless and try to run the game, it doesn't work.

Do you know whether this is the correct thread to get the mod?:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=124562 ?

EDIT: Note I said vanilla 2.5. I am not running XTM.
Emre turkish? :P

Anyway, I'm running the XXL mod on vanilla 2.5 (MOD version 2.5) which WILL say it is for X3 v2.0.0.2 but it WILL work with X3 v2.5 (the only thing added after 2.0.0.2 was the uplink I think) so should be no problems at all.

Make sure the mod has a profile and is active in the plugin manager and also make sure you select the XXL mod from the "splash screen" for X3!

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 17. May 08, 22:32

Version 2.5 is compatible with version 2.5 of X3. Just it was released before Egosoft released 2.5. :)

Emre Yigit
x3tc

Post by Emre Yigit » Sun, 18. May 08, 05:46

Thanks. I'll try it out as you said.

andreslin

Post by andreslin » Sun, 18. May 08, 09:18

Hi Ashley! It's good to see you're back! How's everything working out lately? I wonder if you're working on latest release of the mod?? 8) if so, that'll be just awesome!

I personally love this mod so much!! I can't play x3 without this mod!
I wonder if you will make all facilities have XXL version? Also have the option available to remove the resource required to produce the goods by charging an insane amount of credits?

With these two tweaks, I can enjoy the X3 to the maximum since there is no frame rate drop due to enormous number of factory complexes and no hassle of dealing withe them.

Anyway, it's wonderful to see you again here. Best luck and wish to you.

mccabp
x3

Post by mccabp » Sun, 25. May 08, 01:27

Hey, i am having a problem with this mod, i love the idea of it, but when ever i try to run it it says that it isnt installed properly.

I am running it via Cycrow's script manager along with:

Bail Signal Extension
BBS Blueprint offers
EMP (disabled)
LV's Cheats
Nividium Spacefly Farms
Overtune BBS
Race Invasions
Race Response Fleets
Salvage Claim Software
Salvage Network
Sector Mother
Ship Factory
Xenon Migration

i have selected the script manager and NOT the Ashleys fab mod in the mod package. do i have to select the mod package, and if i do, will the scripts i have in the manager still run?

many thanks in advance!
'Its called GREAT Britain for a reason, not Mediocre of Half-way Britain, GREAT, and you should think yourself bloody lucky to have been let in u kiwi!' - 'Yes sir...' - Mr. Gillard telling one of his foreign students the advantage of bein British

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 25. May 08, 05:45

mccabp,

If it is any help, I turned all the files into a fake patch and am able to run it fine with the script manager and XTM.

I would think it would run that way as well in Vanilla.

If it is listed in the Mods start then you def can only choose one at a time. I'm not the expert to say what not selecting the script manager would do to your game. I'd at least make an archive of your install folder before you tried.

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Fri, 30. May 08, 10:42

When I try to deploy an extended hub I get a CTD on the commencement of the flyby of where it should be. ie the flyby of the deploying ship is fine, then CTD. :(

Done a forced reset and no errors reported, all else seems to work fine.
Any ideas?

nightraven69
x3tc

combine mod

Post by nightraven69 » Sun, 8. Jun 08, 07:58

yes could you combine ashley factories with rogueys v3.0 mod
if you can that would be perfect. thank you. For USA game

SVAndrei
x3tc

Post by SVAndrei » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 22:07

Can this mod be used with XTM 0.7.3?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 04:20

SVAndrei wrote:Can this mod be used with XTM 0.7.3?
Yes but you must install the XTM compatible version.

SVAndrei
x3tc

Post by SVAndrei » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 17:04

Thank you. Will do that. :)

Works ok, but i noticed that the Crystal Free SPP isn't compatible yet. Any news on that?

Thoradin
x4

Post by Thoradin » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 16:04

Ok, got a slight problem. Been trying to get this working with my X3 2.5 + Bonus + XTM (+ a few other scripts like FCS3, MARS, Bail Extension etc)

I've got all the correct versions of scripts, it installs but it doesn't seem to do anything (no Ashleys shipyards anywhere that I can find ie. Akeelas Beacon etc).

I did get an error when I first installed it (Not configured correctly due to wrong Profile or something like that) as I hadn't spotted the need to change the mod profile on startup. Once I did that I no longer received errors. However I don't recall ever seeing the 'Install Complete' message...

I've tried running the 'reset' script mentioned on the first page, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone know of any log files / debugging method to find out whats wrong?

ATM it just seems to be ignoringthe script...

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 12. Jul 08, 21:20

I'm have this mod up and running together with XTM.
Works perfectly but I need to install this as a fake patch now... is it enough to simply rename the two files in \mods to the highest number (13.dat/cat in my case) and move them to the main X3 directory?
Or will this break anything - mainly already build xxl factories?

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 01:25

Thoradin are you using the Ashleys XTM compatible version ? I noticed that there were 2 types, the standard 2.5 and the XTM compatible version.
I`m also having the same problem that your having. Only i`m not using XTM, just the latest 2.5 patch for X3. And yes i`ve installed the Ashleys 2.5 for the standard game (without Xtm) I did get a message when i put it into installer saying that the 2.5 might not work as it`s compatible for bala Gi`s and the 2.2 version of the game but this is the latest version of Ashleys fabs and there are no more recent ones that i know of anyway. It`s in my mod file and highlited to run and no more error message but i cannot find any Ashleys fabs in any of the sectors where they should be ? Also no Bazzar construction kits in shipyards for sale only the standard complex construction kits ?? Any help would be appreciated :?

EDIT; Have just reset this script through script editor, works ok now :oops:
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

Cougar186
x3tc

ships stuck

Post by Cougar186 » Wed, 13. Aug 08, 22:10

Is anyone having an issue with ships getting stuck in the Extended hub. I see several ships in the hub NPC and mine and they wont leave even if I give them other commands. If I destroy the hub they are released. Any Ideas?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”