[Script] Fighter Base Commander V1.10 (04 Feb 2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 22:19

Well, no time to post as I have a Force to put together...

Well done.

The repair script... hmmm, must have overlooked that or have been lucky so far to not need it...

Off I go :)

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 23:13

1200 scripts.... I have a massive 20 or so... I would like to combine the cockpit callback with one which has less asteroids and enemies. Have you done that one?
Get me the names of the mods and I will try and combine them for you.
It turned out the repair script was a little squiffy as well, so that has also been updated.
I noticed that if a ship got damaged the ship (and the others in the squad) would return to shipyard, I didnt see that as a problem as the ship may have needed protection to and from the shipyard. I take it that it wasnt suspose to be that way?

Ashley

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 23:37

Cheers Ashley, will get the facts for tomorrow... thanks.

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 00:10

I noticed that if a ship got damaged the ship (and the others in the squad) would return to shipyard, I didnt see that as a problem as the ship may have needed protection to and from the shipyard. I take it that it wasnt suspose to be that way?
No, cos then they can't form a patrol with other ships that might be idle... although I wasn't *that* bothered by it. That bit was just an unexpected side-effect from the patrol script - can't recall if I got rid of that or not ;).

The problem was that the auto-repair seemed to not be working on my version, so I re-wrote it so that it doesn't require user input to go ahead and fix the ship.

DJ | Wolf
x3tc

Post by DJ | Wolf » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:13

Any idea what would generate:

ReadText 2010-1229 ReadText [2011-1229] on the additional ship commands menu m8?

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:15

Yeah, the v1.0 Remove Homebase command had a conflict it seems. Give me 5 mins and I'll package up a new one with v1.1 - I have a small fix of my own to add anyway.

DJ | Wolf
x3tc

Post by DJ | Wolf » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:23

Aha. No worries :)

I appreciate all the work the scripters/modders do with this game, oddly enough its one of the reasons that I keep coming back to it - apart from the fact that I do like the X-Universe :)

I was however wondering, as I do often...is it possible that you could make something like this operate off a Carrier? Baseship?

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:28

I was however wondering, as I do often...is it possible that you could make something like this operate off a Carrier? Baseship?
The main reason for using a station is so that it essentially has a wallet of it's own to work from. I think it's possible to give a ship money, but only via scripting and even then it's not visible to the player.

Now that most of the problems have been ironed out, I'm going to start adding in extra bits. One of which will be to allow it to run a carrier. In principle there is no reason why the carrier should be in the same sector as the station, so if I include an option to make the carrier home rather than the station - that should sort you out :)

It'll be a while yet though, got a few other things to work on first.

Update now available on 1st post.

DJ | Wolf
x3tc

Post by DJ | Wolf » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 18:33

Heh, not a problem. I'm in no rush for anything -- having worked in the game industry I learned even at the level I worked at, never pester for something to be done.

And I got pestered a lot *G*

It sounds cool regarding the option of being able to have a Carrier commander, especially since it would probably take a load of weight off the running of a larger fleet.

I liked what RS did with his Security and QFLS scripts but a self-sufficient Carrier commander that hires, promotes and sorts its own groups out would be something to see heh.

I also have to say that the FBC is pretty cool even barring that ReadText error, it certainly adds to the depth of the game.

Edit: Aha! Update, thanks :)

Edit II: Works like a charm :)

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 20:09

The carrier idea does sound like a natural progression and i guess maybe even moving up to M6 class ships after a particular stage or level (if the player has not done so earlier. For instance, leave them in an M£ until thy get to vice Admiral and then promote to an M6 wich leaves the player the option to do so at the previous stage.

I think someone is looking at pilots as crew but have you thought about this option? for instance, as far fetched as this might be, you could have crew for the carrier guns or the M2 guns. You could have 'trainees starting a tour as a gunner, moving into a pilot role when the position becomes available on a free m5... still, off with the fairies again I guess.

Keep this going it is going to be great...

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 20:59

While I can bodge out something that works eventually, I'm not much of a coder really (hence all the updates needed so far :P). But if someone else has a working crew script I can integrate, I'd be willing to have a go at some stage.

I should also point out that in order to progress beyond M3s, your pilots need to do tours in enemy sectors. Getting one up to M2 or M1 level will be... interesting :)

Also, I wrote the bulk of this script in a cheat game so I'd have the resources to set it up properly. I haven't actually finished the plot yet in my main game... although I have just about enough to start my first base now, it may be a while before I have the cash to buy M6's even! I plan to get a bit further along with the game before I do much more. I will work on the patrol other sector option soon though.
Spoiler
Show
All I need to do is learn to fly properly so I can get through this damn asteroid before the khaak get me...

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 21:58

Well I'm enjoying using your mod a lot, thank you very much for writing it to work with the other one...

Sure saves me a lot of time not having to micromanage things all the time...

Only came across one problem but I see that was just fixed above :) :)

Yes, I would love to see M6 or TL able to have pilots in them :) - no worries about them training in pirate sectors here, as a pirate sector (suitably protected) is where my training camp is setup..

Just got to remember to keep my trading station supplied with enough credits.. :D (its a pity that the station couldn't just take credits from the players stash when it needed it...)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 22:03

Just got to remember to keep my trading station supplied with enough credits.. (its a pity that the station couldn't just take credits from the players stash when it needed it...)
Man, I'm gonna need about 10 pages of advanced options at this rate :P

Personally, I have my base in a factory... it's cool to watch it save hard earned cash for equipment and ships. But I can see why the option should be there.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 01:08

I do have a new complex in my "federation" sector, but I decided to build a trading Station because of the simple fact it can take virtually unlimited flighters in it, whereas most (if not all) other types of factories, docks etc have a limit of about 5 or so...
This way, if I come under a massive attack in the training sector, I can simply do a sector order to all ships to dock at the trading station, and let my M6's handle the attack.
Mind you, at the moment the pirates are a little repressed after I took over all 8 Pirate sectors near Argon space, but I dare-say they will be back at some stage, hopefully by that time tho I will have most of those sectors covered by the Terracorp Pilots with M6's leading them ..
dwgh wrote:Personally, I have my base in a factory... it's cool to watch it save hard earned cash for equipment and ships. But I can see why the option should be there.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 08:13

Hmmm methinks I found a little problem :roll: :roll: :roll:

[ external image ]

tells it all :)

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 17:38

Out of curiousity, are you using captured ships? Yaki, maybe?

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:04

umm nope, no captured ships, I let your script buy them from a Paranid shipyard...

Morthais
x3

Post by Morthais » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:13

Hi, like always I have a few questions ;)

1) My station doesn't seem to have a tender but simply buys the ships from the station, was this removed, or does he only buy one at a latter stage?

2) If I add more M5's with pilots to the station. Will it train them too or just the 9 it has bought?

Cheers!

dwgh
x4

Post by dwgh » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:22

umm nope, no captured ships, I let your script buy them from a Paranid shipyard...
OK, that's the prime candidate ruled out (long story). Will have a look in more detail later.
1) My station doesn't seem to have a tender but simply buys the ships from the station, was this removed, or does he only buy one at a latter stage?
Assuming he has the money, he should buy a tender ASAP.
2) If I add more M5's with pilots to the station. Will it train them too or just the 9 it has bought?
You dont need to add the pilots (although it doesnt matter if you do), any M5 fighter added to the station will be given one (cash permitting). M4s and M3s added will be given pilots as suitable candidates get trained.

It will also send out any idle group of 3 fighters that have the right homebase (all M5s, all maxed M4s considered) whether you're over the limit or not - it just wont replace any if destroyed until you go back below the current limits.

So, yes, it will train them.

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 06:59

I was wondering, would it be possible, in some distant future version, to allow the player to select which ship from the shipyard that you want the commander to purchase? For example, after selecting the shipyard, it could ask you what type of M5 to buy, then what type of M4 to buy, then what type of M3 to buy, etc. Something like that would make me feel a little bit more in control of the commander.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”