[Script] Friendly Pirates v4.01 (upd: 05/08/06)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 16. Jul 06, 17:20

A suggestion. Anybody who's had problems, might try seeing if they have it when running ONLY this script.

If they can't recreate the issue without any other scripts, it might indicate that its other script, not this one, causing the problem.

It's a logical way of testing for problems.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Tavares

Post by Tavares » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 03:46

I'm running only this script, and I can confirm that it does not work.

Food & Energy transporters,Hight tech and Weapon dealers are randomly shown as "enemy" to the player (interesting is that only these kind of ships have problems).

Also the laser towers around a pirate base started shooting at me, they where shown as enemy too.

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 22:56

Tavares has sent me a save game, i am looking into this problem and will post and update just as soon as i've figured it out.

thanks Tavares
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 17:22

Thanks to all those who posted information, i can now happily announce v4.00 is released.

I have fixed the problem which caused random traders to show as enemy. I won't go into detail about why/how it happened because that might spoil your game (believe it or not !).

Also fixed the pirate laser towers problem.

Also reset the start notoriety to -500 instead of zero as this is a little more realistic (pirates are naturally suspicious people !)

Whilst i was at it (hence the reason for the major version change) i have coded the necessary so that you will now gain notoriety if you kill a ship that was attacking a pirate (ship or station) !! Yep, the pirates now recognise that you helped and reward you with rank increases :twisted:

I hope/believe this has breathed new life into this little script, please report any problems you may find.

Enjoy 8)

TycHouse
8Gb memory

Tavares

Post by Tavares » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 20:07

Sadly I again had problems :(

I started the game as a "bankrupt assasin", which starts with a "enemy of the queen" relation to Borons. Normal boron ships are not shown as enemy yet, however the "cover state" borons are, and they will fire at you if you're close.

Another problem was that some of the pirates ships were shown as enemy, but some of them were friendly. I beleive the unfriendly Pirates are the ones who's race don't like you, for example Boron Pirates.. (I'm not 100% sure about this one, but this seems to be the case)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 21:12

Could be, as the race of the pilot is random. Even if you convert a race ship to a pirate ship, the pilots race may not BE of the original race.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 23:39

Yep i had anticipated this, if a pirate is running under a cover state then the program looks at his particular notoriety to you and will set the relation accordingly. If as you say, the Borons are not currently an enemy to you then i assume they should be ??

If a pirate under Boron cover (shows as a Boron but is actually a pirate) his notoriety to you will be randomly generated however it will need to be less than -1000 for him to show as an enemy - can you confirm that you definately have enabled the script editor this time ?
8Gb memory

Tavares

Post by Tavares » Fri, 4. Aug 06, 01:35

I did enable the scrip editor. (although the scripts do run without it.)
I don't know how many cover state ships are out there, but I did see many of them being "red".

BTW you didn't read the second part of my post, some of the REAL pirates (falcons, harriers, etc.) are shown enemy too.

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Fri, 4. Aug 06, 13:12

Yep i did read it, that's why i asked if the SE was enabled.

Unsigned scripts are only run if the SE is enabled therefore (as my script loads during the game setup process) you will need to save and reload your game after enabling the SE.

Try this:
start a new game as Bankrupt Assassin
enable the Script Editor (or not it's up to you)
(without saving) fly west into Nopileos' Memorial (or however it's spelt !)
you should see a gaggle of red angry pirates all after your blood !
you'll also see some Boron & Paranid who are red

Now try this:
start a new game as Bankrupt Assassin
enable the Script Editor
DOCK & SAVE at nearest station
QUIT & RELOAD your save game
fly west into Nopileos' Memorial (or however it's spelt !)
you should see a gaggle of FRIENDLY pirates going about their business
you'll also see some Boron & Paranid who are red

Hope that solves the problem 8)
8Gb memory

Tavares

Post by Tavares » Fri, 4. Aug 06, 17:07

Sorry but It didn't work.

I enabled the SE, saved at Aladni Hill (the starting system), quit & reload.
I went west to Hatikvah's faith, I did see friendly pirates and some enemy covert state ships. I again made a jump west to Nopileos's memorial, and some Pirate Falcons and Harriers were instantly shown red. I have the save game.

In short nothing has changed.

In my opinion you should do a lot more testing with the script, especially with game starts like "Bankrupt Assasin" who already has enemies. One sector jump won't always reveal the problems.

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Fri, 4. Aug 06, 18:55

cant download

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Fri, 4. Aug 06, 19:00

Well i'm not sure what's going on there then ! Here's what i see in Nopileos Memorial
[ external image ]

I can only assume your script is not running correctly for some reason ??

btw regards testing: knowing how the script is programmed any different game starts should not affect the operation of it, i test as thoroughly as i can before releasing any script and as you see from the screen shot everything is correct on my game. I had not seen the original problem until you sent me the save game and this was fixed by enabling the SE and saving/reloading. The version update was to fix the problem with 'cover state' pirates & i took the oportunity to add functionality.

If you are still finding problems and feel you've done everything correctly i can only suggest you send me your new save game and i will take a look at that - sorry, trying my best here !
8Gb memory

Tavares

Post by Tavares » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 01:11

Sorry guys it was a false alarm, the script does work.

It was only Cockpit Callback used as a fake patch that created problems with my game, including with this script.

So in short, the SCRIPT WORKS FINE. If you wan't to play as a Pirates then you should download it..

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sat, 5. Aug 06, 16:29

Released v4.01

The problems seem to have been caused by a mod Cockpit Callback (v1.4) which appears to reset the pirates notoriety to -1000000 AFTER friendly Pirates has initialised therefore making it useless !!

I have now included a check for this which will re-initialise the script if this happens. I've tested it on a save game which Tavares kindly sent me and it works fine (at last !).

Any further problems please let me know.

Cheers
8Gb memory

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 22:04

Bug fixed, ignore.

Ayerbe
x4

Post by Ayerbe » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 23:36

hello.

¿How can i see my reputation whit the pirates?

Thanks

Jota

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 14. Oct 06, 11:29

well i was going to download this but i can not be bothered with joining every forum on the planet just so i can get 1 single download off each site, is it possible to put a mirror somewhere?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 14. Oct 06, 13:51

What forum. Go to site, click 'Downloads/Scripts' and select the script.
[ external image ]

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 15. Oct 06, 23:17

funny, done that 3 times and it keeps telling me to log in

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sun, 15. Oct 06, 23:28

Yep sorry you will need to register to download it, once done you will be able to download any of the programs. The reason for this is because we want you to join in with the forums & rate the downloads etc.
coroneljota wrote:How can i see my reputation whit the pirates?
I believe you can select a pirate base on the sector map and 'page down' to see it's settings ?
8Gb memory

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”