[SCRIPT] Jump To Me Command V1.20 : Updated 12/08/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.20

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 15:36

New Update.
Added Jump to Homebase command.

will cause the ship to use jump to me to jump to thier homebase and dock.

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Sat, 12. Aug 06, 16:59

Many thanks :D

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:57

Added Jump to Homebase command.
Problem with the new command. When the ship arrives to its homebase, there is no message of it doing so if the 'notify when complete' option is set for the ship.

btw Thanks! Very handy. :)
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 04:57

Hey Cycrow, i've been using your Jump to Me command script for a while now, and I especially like the Jump to Homebase command. Though, recently, i've stumbled onto a problem.

Recently the Jump to Homebase command has stopped functioning properly for me. I'd set a trader to jump to homebase, and it would jump away, but then in a few seconds i'd see that it had jumped into MY sector, rather than the homebase. I'd look at the command under the property screen and the trader would instead have the command "Jump to Me". Then after a few seconds of flying into the sector it would jump away again, only to appear at the jumpgate it just jumped away from!

Do you have any ideas?

punchbag
x3

Post by punchbag » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 15:43

Ah... is it me, or are all the links dead?

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 16:50

yep he's vanished for the holidays along with all his stuff, but their is a thread about missing modders in which someone (russbo I think) created a mirror with most of cycrow's work on it.

esse
x3

Post by esse » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 00:05

I've installed the script, but I don't see the commands in the Command Console for the other ships. They have Nav Mk1 and a Jumpdrive installed.

How can I tell if there is a conflict?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 00:16

r the jumpdrive and nav mk1 on your other ships, or theo ne ur flying ?

esse
x3

Post by esse » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 11:25

Cycrow wrote:r the jumpdrive and nav mk1 on your other ships, or theo ne ur flying ?
Well, all of my ships have both Mk1 and Jumpdrives installed. So both I would say.

Another quick question: I've been saving and have enough to upgrade a few ships to your Advanced JDrive. If I do manage to get Jump to Me working, will they use the AJD?

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 18:59

Kortako wrote:Hey Cycrow, i've been using your Jump to Me command script for a while now, and I especially like the Jump to Homebase command. Though, recently, i've stumbled onto a problem.

Recently the Jump to Homebase command has stopped functioning properly for me. I'd set a trader to jump to homebase, and it would jump away, but then in a few seconds i'd see that it had jumped into MY sector, rather than the homebase. I'd look at the command under the property screen and the trader would instead have the command "Jump to Me". Then after a few seconds of flying into the sector it would jump away again, only to appear at the jumpgate it just jumped away from!

Do you have any ideas?
Hey, Cycrow, it's been a while since I made this post, but as such i've had more scripting experience and had a look at this script to see if I could figure out the problem myself. I'm not sure if i'm right, but I was only having this problem when I wanted a ship to jump to its homebase AND it didn't have enough jump energy to make the jump. When the question to pay for the jump energy pops up in the player logbook, does it differentiate between jump to me or jump to homebase? Because it looked like it was only calling the jump to me script when you click "Yes, pay for it", and thus that would be the problem of it jumping back to me rather than the homebase. If not, then I have no idea what's causing it, but it's still happening to me and i've reinstalled this script multiple times. Just thought i'd try to help! I wonder if this happens to anyone else.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 21:14

esse wrote:
Cycrow wrote:r the jumpdrive and nav mk1 on your other ships, or theo ne ur flying ?
Well, all of my ships have both Mk1 and Jumpdrives installed. So both I would say.

Another quick question: I've been saving and have enough to upgrade a few ships to your Advanced JDrive. If I do manage to get Jump to Me working, will they use the AJD?
unfortuatlly not, however, i do plan on redoing the advanced jumpdrive to make it easier for other scripts to make use of it.

but i did originalyl have an adon that would allow the standard jump commands to use the advanced jumpdrive, but its currently broken and i need to fix it

Tuxu
x3ap

Post by Tuxu » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:55

link is dead, or at least I wasn't able to DL.
STARCON 1,2 RuLz.
MoO 1,2,3 RuLz.
AYBABTU RuLz.

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 16:26

You can still get it here

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”