Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hieronymos
x3

Request for Detailed Installation Instructions

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 03:54

Would it be possible for someone to create extremely detailed install/uninstall instructions of the EMP for computer illiterates/semilterates like myself. As in "open this file, click on this, drag and drop into that, create this new folder like this" etc. ???

I tried 3 unsigned X2 scripts--some worked great--then others, probably incorrectly installed--corrupted all my save games. I wasn't sure which scripts were the problem, couldn't correctly uninstall...it was a mess. While I've tinkered myself with RTR (Rome Total Realism) mods, this X-game stuff is beyond me. So while I'd love to try some of the new X3 mod/script material, I'm very wary of another fubar due to my technical ignorance.

As a mere user, a non-programmer, I implore you all to make X3 Modding/Scripting gameplay as user-friendly and hassleproof as possible.
Does this make any sense? Something like Freelancer's FLMM (mod-manager) program perhaps?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 07:22

The installation instructions stand as is.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 07:48

Since the EMP is actually a TWare file, I suppose I can merge all my mods into 1 using the ModMgr, as long as my previous mods don't have TWare?

I have 5 mods running (compiled into 1 using ModMgr and selecting in Mods, not as a false patch), none of them use TWare.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 08:16

That is correct, and that's why the FAQ says what it says. But I'd still leave the EMP out of it and follow the default instructions.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 12:48

Hmmm.. i merged it and played for about 2 hrs b4 making that post. Seemed fine but was worried some error might appear somewhere I didn't see...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:07

161 added and updated in list
shield boosting tech

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Request for Detailed Installation Instructions

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:28

Hieronymos wrote:Would it be possible for someone to create extremely detailed install/uninstall instructions of the EMP for computer illiterates/semilterates like myself. As in "open this file, click on this, drag and drop into that, create this new folder like this" etc. ???

I tried 3 unsigned X2 scripts--some worked great--then others, probably incorrectly installed--corrupted all my save games. I wasn't sure which scripts were the problem, couldn't correctly uninstall...it was a mess. While I've tinkered myself with RTR (Rome Total Realism) mods, this X-game stuff is beyond me. So while I'd love to try some of the new X3 mod/script material, I'm very wary of another fubar due to my technical ignorance.

As a mere user, a non-programmer, I implore you all to make X3 Modding/Scripting gameplay as user-friendly and hassleproof as possible.
Does this make any sense? Something like Freelancer's FLMM (mod-manager) program perhaps?
u mean something like this ?
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=121351

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 23:22

Thanks Cycrow for the link to yr script-loading utility. Will try some scripts with it tonite. Does it indicate (like Freelancer's FLMM) if there is a possible or definite conflict between scripts?
Also, am still somewhat confused though about when the EMP is needed for a script/mod or when yr installer is sufficient. Or is this indicated in an individual scripts' "read-me"? Also: are these two programs compatible?
Any clarification most welcome.
Thks, Hieronymos

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 23:39

the scripts that require EMP should be labeled in the readmes and on the thread itself

however, theres nothing wrong with having emp loaded, even if the scripts ur using doesn't user, it wont effect them.

To install the emp, you simply unpack it to ur X3 directory, and thats all your should need to do. it doesn't need to be specificlly enabled

as for the installer, it doesn't yet display conflicts, however, there is a list of al lthe command lots and ids that are used on this forum, so you can view if theres any conflicts with the scripts your using. there shouldn't be conflicts with command slots, as theres still plenty free, and the scripts can all use the free ones. The main conflicts is for wares, which is what the EMP is for, to stop these conflicts :)

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 21:40

i have just deleted my x3 folder for a fresh retsart (keybindings was pissing me off).

when i have a look at the emp zip file, it has a tware file significantly smaller than the existing tware in :\reunion\types folder.

do i need to merge this with the existing tware, or replace the 30k (ish) one with the 5k (ish) one?

do i just unzip it to the main reunion directory?

or do i unzip it to the mods folder and leave it resident with the cat/dat files?

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 21:51

Was able to load Cycrow's Installer and 5 of his scripts last night without problem. However, several other non-Cycrow .spk scripts wouldn't open in it.
Unfortunately, was not able to get the EMP to unzip/install into my X3 directory (already patched to 1.3). Which is a bummer, as I'd wanted to play AlaarDB's Salvage mod/sript.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 00:24

Fachtna wrote:i have just deleted my x3 folder for a fresh retsart (keybindings was pissing me off).

when i have a look at the emp zip file, it has a tware file significantly smaller than the existing tware in :\reunion\types folder.

do i need to merge this with the existing tware, or replace the 30k (ish) one with the 5k (ish) one?

do i just unzip it to the main reunion directory?

or do i unzip it to the mods folder and leave it resident with the cat/dat files?
Your question is answer in the FAQ.
Was able to load Cycrow's Installer and 5 of his scripts last night without problem. However, several other non-Cycrow .spk scripts wouldn't open in it.
Unfortunately, was not able to get the EMP to unzip/install into my X3 directory (already patched to 1.3). Which is a bummer, as I'd wanted to play AlaarDB's Salvage mod/sript.
Why not? It's a simple matter of extracting and overwriting files. The EMP does not use Cycrow's Script Installer - it's a script installer not a mod installer.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 14:35

althou i might add EMP support for it at some point

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 18:09

207 JDKits
added to list

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 23:58

When I try to install the EMP, double-L clicking on the EMP icon in folder "My Scripts" (folder to which I transfer all scripts downloaded at work as my gaming rig has no internet access) message comes up: "Indicate which program you want to open this application in (gives list of programs like wordpad, etc.)...or go online to determine program needed to open this program". What am I doing wrong here?

Is it possible to .spk-ize the EMP so it can installed with the Script Installer?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 00:28

No it's currently not possible.
Cycrow wrote:althou i might add EMP support for it at some point
Do not double click - that's how you install a *.spk file, which this is not.
Follow the directions on the first post.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 05:18

Great work Aalaar! I'll definitely get this integrated into my current build of Firelance.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 05:19

There will be another version when 1.4 comes out, so you might want to wait.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 06:02

AalaarDB wrote:There will be another version when 1.4 comes out, so you might want to wait.
Sounds like there might be more wares in TWareT meaning the whole system will have to be reindexed. I can see your point. :)

I've already dropped it in, and I'm still at an early enough stage that even rewriting TWareT won't pose much of a problem.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 06:37

Today is my first day as a level 5, so to be careful, let me explain.
In no way am I implying that there will be an official change to the twaret file in 1.4.
In 1.3 I made an error. I released 1.3.01 when the beta came out, and that fixed the error. I didn't make it official because 1.3.01 isn't official. Some people have asked for different ware prices. I will take the 1.3.01 and edit the prices, then release that when 1.4 comes out. This way *if there is any change* in the twaret file for 1.4 it won't force player to update 3+ times...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”