[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 09:18

undercover_agent wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Ah, finally got to the Dyson Sphere, and did that mission with the crystals delivery. What now though? He said to come back later, how long later, 2 hours later, 2 days later etc??
Now I don't know that offhand. You should check around the XTM forums for that answer. And generally faster and better answers to other questions as well since it's strictly dedicated to XTM.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 10:11

you should post this in the quite well labeled xtm thread... or perhaps the xtm forums. my amatuer opinions is that the fake-shipyard somehow throws you across the sector when you dock but you're still 'docked'. an unfortunate situation. but you can avoid this by simply never docking at a fake-shipyard station. (Terracorp HQ and Otas HQ are the only ones I know about).

really threw me for a loop when it happened, especially since you get bounced 300km back away from the otas sy..heh.

Gutyiort
x3tc

Problem whif xtended .7

Post by Gutyiort » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 18:39

So I decided to xtended my experience in x3 :P this afternoon and I really, really liked it ( its amazing :o) but there is one thing that is bothering me, my favorite ship, the “Daedalus” from stargate (made by Balogt and Cycrow) can't appear in xtended :cry: (when I load the game in it, it crash’s as expected) and when I start a new game it doesn’t appear in any shipyards, and the same thing whiff my favorite fighter the "F-302" (made by Balogt).

So is there any one that knows who to make this ships appear in extended. :?

P.S.-I am incredibly inexpedient at scripting and only have some Intel in exporting textures and doing models (very bad ones :oops::P:D).

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 19:38

they already know about this. the otas shipyard has the same problem.

just issue a dock command from 20km or greater and it will work fine.

they were trying to combine a tradeing/equipment dock with a shipyard. it works, (sorta) but the shipyards huge colision box still remains which causes some pathfinding problems for the AI (and consiquently your autopilot).

skyb1ue
x3

Installation probelms with XTM 7.2

Post by skyb1ue » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 20:20

Apologies for repeating anything answered before (have searched and searched already).

When successful installation happens, shouldnt the XTM mod be visible in the Select Mod option on the pre loading options screen?

I see XTM enabled in Crcrows script installer app, but not when I enter the mods options of X3.
Guess who got his copy for christmas

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 21:34

No, because XTM installs itself directly into the game folder--it would only appear as a selectable mod if it were in the Mods folder, but XTM won't run in that configuration.

Fnarf

Post by Fnarf » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 23:36

Thanks, sorted the problem now though...

It was the DBC mod.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 01:49

EDIT: Removed all garbage. :oops:
Last edited by Nanook on Thu, 19. Jul 07, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jiggaman
x3tc

Re: Problem whif xtended .7

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 05:00

Gutyiort wrote:So I decided to xtended my experience in x3 :P this afternoon and I really, really liked it ( its amazing :o) but there is one thing that is bothering me, my favorite ship, the “Daedalus” from stargate (made by Balogt and Cycrow) can't appear in xtended :cry: (when I load the game in it, it crash’s as expected) and when I start a new game it doesn’t appear in any shipyards, and the same thing whiff my favorite fighter the "F-302" (made by Balogt).

So is there any one that knows who to make this ships appear in extended. :?

P.S.-I am incredibly inexpedient at scripting and only have some Intel in exporting textures and doing models (very bad ones :oops::P:D).
Do you have the most up to date Ship Installer from Cycrow? 1.91 I believe. If so, are you using the Ship Creator mod at the the menu before loading it up? Don't see why you have issues buddy. I love the Daedalus and F302 myself and have them both working in my game.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 06:54

XTM checks the race shipyards after loading a game and resets the ships sold there. You have to edit the responsible script in order for the installed ships to appear correctly. The script name was something like plugin.XTM.raceshipyards ... can't check right now, not at home.

Funnily, this doesn't happen with every ship ... I installed about 40 new ones, right after loading they all are available at the shipyards, after a few seconds most (but not all) disappear.

Alkaiser
xr

Post by Alkaiser » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 17:27

What happened to the Thor's manly guns from 0.6? It looks...incomplete now without them. I noticed that the Blastclaw has a shrunken version of them.

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 18:24

Mailo wrote:XTM checks the race shipyards after loading a game and resets the ships sold there. You have to edit the responsible script in order for the installed ships to appear correctly. The script name was something like plugin.XTM.raceshipyards ... can't check right now, not at home.

Funnily, this doesn't happen with every ship ... I installed about 40 new ones, right after loading they all are available at the shipyards, after a few seconds most (but not all) disappear.
That brings up a similiar question. Is there something in that plugin that changes the way shipyards act from the vanilla X3 counterparts? I have problems docking at XTM shipyards with something less than a Cap ship when I used Ship Creator to add ships. It doesn't happen when I play original XTM and I don't have a problem with the disappearing ships on any front, but when running the ship creator mod, I just can't dock at SYs with the M3s-M6s. Means that I can't sell fighter class amd corvette ships......or repair hulls of capped small ships before getting a machine shop. I asked around over on the XTM forums, but everyone seemed to avoid the question like the plauge or something. I don't think it's a problem with the mod itself. It sounds like a conflict between the ship creator and XTM.....

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 18:44

Jiggaman wrote:It sounds like a conflict between the ship creator and XTM.....
Thats what it is indeed.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

jubjuby3
x3tc

Map for the xtended mod?

Post by jubjuby3 » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 18:58

is there Map for the xtended mod?

Snoozer

Need the XTM 0.7.1 script files

Post by Snoozer » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 19:05

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the "Corrupt savegame bug" when I installed the XTM 0.7.2 patch, the faq states that I should backup my configuration to a previous version.

But I can' find the old version anymore. Coulmd somebody tell my where I can find it :).

thnx
grtz

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 19:07

http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=4306

there ya go. you can view it you dont have to download it
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 20:06

Thank you

skyb1ue
x3

Has XTM .7a installed?

Post by skyb1ue » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:40

Whats the best way to know if XTM is actually installed with a new game?
Guess who got his copy for christmas

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 23:00

I think the biggest give-away would be the terran ships and the XTENDED logo appearing on the startup screens!

Vic-Viper
x3

Ship nameing in the Xtention Mod : Creator needed

Post by Vic-Viper » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 00:44

Okay it seems that i have been up and down this forum and no one has fixed the names in the XTM. Extention mod
theres alot of ships there that the file name is incompleate resulting in most of the new ships beig named
ReadtextXXXXX X= set of numbers
and this is really agrevateing when spawning/ modifying a ship for balance as well as the wares and the Armements

if some one can lend me a hand here and tell be the names of thease files it would be a great help and ill rename all the files and submitt then to the creator of the XTM. to see if that would help in the development of the mod

thank you Vic-Viper

p.s Privite messege me if you wish

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”