[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rayOK
x3

adlantis

Post by rayOK » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 22:34

thanks for the info.

have tried doing just that, will have to persevere

cheers

Ray OK

Chronos Paradox

Post by Chronos Paradox » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 23:17

:oops: sorry that I have to ask for help again, but what exactly is the latest version of the mod? (the fewer bugs the better)
Could someone point me in the general direction?
It's probably right in front of me :roll:
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

Dead_walker
x3

A little hlp

Post by Dead_walker » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 23:30

I've never downloaded or installed a mod before and im having trouble. I'm trying to install the new XTended mod that i saw on the Homepage. This is what I've done so far.

-I've DL all 3 links from www.Egosoft.com
-DL the Script mannager thing that was in the Instruction manual.
-Installed the Script Package.

Now this is where I'm stuck at. The Intruction Manual said to repeat the Install Script command for the Mod Package but It does not display the .rar file that I DL. Is it safe to just Move the Files in the .rar into the game folder or do i need to do something with the Script mannager?
My face!!!

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 00:10

The setup procedure is incorrect in the manual, please use these instructions to install the mod
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 01:56

The first patch for XTM .7 has just been released.

Click HERE for the download link and the full changelog.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 02:24

Egosoft should immediately offer all the developers of this a job. It's the game X3 should have been from the start. It's so good they should consider remarketing it as the "vanilla" game and send it out for re-review! Outstanding work. And still only a beta?!

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 03:51

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now I can continue the plot missions.

I have a question. Do I just go straight back to the goner shipyard in BHS and wait for a message? If not what do I do?

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 04:52

Alright, I went back to the goner 'yard and got a message about finding the stian but it says to go to the suppy depot near the planet IN NULL :?

What gives?
Last edited by Syndrome on Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

mbrewer
x3

Stuck

Post by mbrewer » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:10

I don't know if this is the right place but for the life of me I can not un-zip the
XTM.7a file I have now down loaded for the 3rd time. I have both WinRAR and 7-zip neither seems to be working for me. Can someone help this old man...thanks...(i have change the files to "11" but still nothing)
:evil:

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:32

Could you please explain in more detail. What happens when you try to unzip it?

aka1nas
x4

Re: Stuck

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:45

mbrewer wrote:I don't know if this is the right place but for the life of me I can not un-zip the
XTM.7a file I have now down loaded for the 3rd time. I have both WinRAR and 7-zip neither seems to be working for me. Can someone help this old man...thanks...(i have change the files to "11" but still nothing)
:evil:
if the archive is not unzipping or is coming up as corrupt, you might want to try redownloading from a different host.

mbrewer
x3

Post by mbrewer » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:52

Looks like I have the files in the root directory and I am going to try starting a new game. Thanks

Fistantantilis
x3tc

Post by Fistantantilis » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 07:55

just installed .72

Velvet Tears sector has a bug in the universe map.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 08:01

Can you elaborate Fistantantilis? All bug reports need posting in the Tech forum at the http://www.thexuniverse.com/.

Fistantantilis
x3tc

Post by Fistantantilis » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 08:31

I'll try to particularise.
On the Universe Map; where I think VT should be there is a "hole". VT is to the left of this hole. Mines of Kaderak cannot be seen.

This bug is purely visual in the universe map.

I'm not registered at thexuniverse.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 08:37

Thanks Fistantantilis. Will look into it.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 08:40

Personally I think the XTM team should drop the 'all tech questions/bug reports should go to our forums' talk. If they are not posted in your forums, there is a reason for it, and half the time it's a plausible one. If they don't know about your forums and/or the rules, they will soon learn and it shouldn't be made a 'rule' to always post in the txu boards.

Maybe they just don't want to post in txu. :roll:

PS: Oh yeah can anyone answer my GAMEPLAY question?

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 08:57

The gameplay problem I can't comment on, though it looks like it's a scripting error.

The reason we ask people to post in the Tech forum is for exactly the reason you've just highlighted.

One bug issue can easily get lost in among other problems or comments. The tech forum allows to address each issue in it's own right.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 09:04

Does anyone know the sector name that is supposed to be where the 'null' is then? Because I'm having a hard time trying to find it :x

Kasabian
x3ap

Post by Kasabian » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 09:25

Syndrome wrote:Personally I think the XTM team should drop the 'all tech questions/bug reports should go to our forums' talk. If they are not posted in your forums, there is a reason for it, and half the time it's a plausible one. If they don't know about your forums and/or the rules, they will soon learn and it shouldn't be made a 'rule' to always post in the txu boards.

Maybe they just don't want to post in txu. :roll:
Not everyone (Myself included) has the time or inclination to join multiple forums and keep track of things Syndrome. A bug is a bug and the team should be happy/grateful for it being reported at all, no matter where.

A good patch, I am glad to see a few decent fixes, even seems to have resolved the slight stutter my game had. Though I still think their are a bit too many military/custom's ships and pirates.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”