[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 21:29

I suspect you might have placed the Cat and Dat files in the mods folder instead of the root directory ( where X3.EXE ) is.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Great_Daemon
x3

Post by Great_Daemon » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 22:16

Nope, they're definately in the root folder.

Hmm.

jerp

new plot game in Xtended mod?

Post by jerp » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 23:23

I'm a bit confused about the Xtended mod. Is there a new plot game with the mod? Was the default X3 plot game modified? Is completing the plot necessary to reach some of the new sectors?

I mean did you guys do anything more besides new sectors, ships, stations, weapons, races, effects, and missions. :)

I'm deciding what start to pick.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 23:28

Hi all, Excellent mod. I started a game with it a few days ago and im really liking it. I have some problems though.

I found a centaur mk1 in a xenon sector, but I cant capture it, I get out, get very close, yet I dont get a claim button?

I have a problem with the Otas headquarters (And some other stations) Where I can dock with the headquarters fine, yet the shipyard part appears to have no sheild or hull and I cant interact with it.
A very similar problem appears with the teracorp headquarters, the shipyard and the headwuarters and right ontop of eachother, when I select the shipyard from the sector map, it has no shield or hull, and im not able to dock or anything with it.

Any ideas?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 23:39

If you need to dock at the Shipyard part for repairs then just dock your ship at the headquarters part then use the "Use SY" and "return to docking bay" commands to move ur ships between the two parts of the station.

Any ships bought at the SY will be automatically moved to the headquarters part for equipping.

Ships can be bought from the Sy if you have a trading system extension installed.

Hope this helps!

Most questions have probably already been covered at www.thexuniverse.com in the event of one of us not happening to catch your question in this thread.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 23:43

Ah ha! Thank you very much. So this isnt a bug in my game, and its supposed to be like this? Thanks again.

Husky_Alpha_I

Xtended .7 game start problem

Post by Husky_Alpha_I » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 23:57

ok so ive tried looking on thexuniverse.com but cant find my answer and i cant register for some reason, so here it is:

ive installed the newest version of the Xtended mod, and it works perfectly when i start the game. it says XtENDED .7 and everything and has the picture of the planet with the rings and floating debris on the start screen, but when i got to NEW GAME it has all start game selections from X-3, not the new ones that xtended offers. and when i go to any of them the game crashes saying file not found...so i dont know what the problem is...ive downloaded and installed it twice now, including the scripts...so please help me!

Nyax
x3tc

Re: new plot game in Xtended mod?

Post by Nyax » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 00:09

jerp wrote:I mean did you guys do anything more besides new sectors, ships, stations, weapons, races, effects, and missions. :)
Yes. They also added new loading screens :)

Startomb
x3

Post by Startomb » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 00:35

start positions :P

snyderm
x3

Post by snyderm » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 01:05

I am in the same boat as Great_Daemon.

I am sure I followed the directions correctly. I extracted the 10.dat and 10.cat files to the root of my X3 directory, I copied the Mp3 files in the soundtrack folder, and used cycrows installer to install the .spk file.

Nothing happens. When I run the game, nothing is different. When I start a new game, that same message that says I tried to play xtended but it can't find the files. The 10.dat and 10.cat are definetly in the root of the X3 directory. My latest numbers were 9, so 10 should have been correct. Can anyone help me?

As great Daemon stated, the xtended website wont give out a confirmation code so that I can post on their forum.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 01:14

Ok, ive been trauling forums and I havent been able to find a definate answer. So, quick question hoping for a quick answer.

With XTM .7a (Current version) Can I use other scripts? Im just worried that i'll break my game. I want to install many scripts, such as cycrows ones and others.

In the XTM FAQ it states that 99.7% of scripts (scripts not mods) will work. Is this true? :)

snyderm
x3

Post by snyderm » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 01:47

Great Daemon:

I got mine fixed. I found that somehow the .dat and .cat files that were extracted there were of the wrong size. I had the winrar program extract all of the files to a new folder, and then manually copied the files to the x3 root directory. Then the game launched normally.

I have no clue how that happened, but it did. Check the file size of those 2 files to make sure they are right.

IanamusZura
x3

Post by IanamusZura » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 07:56

snyderm wrote:I am in the same boat as Great_Daemon.

I am sure I followed the directions correctly. I extracted the 10.dat and 10.cat files to the root of my X3 directory, I copied the Mp3 files in the soundtrack folder, and used cycrows installer to install the .spk file.

Nothing happens. When I run the game, nothing is different. When I start a new game, that same message that says I tried to play xtended but it can't find the files. The 10.dat and 10.cat are definetly in the root of the X3 directory. My latest numbers were 9, so 10 should have been correct. Can anyone help me?

As great Daemon stated, the xtended website wont give out a confirmation code so that I can post on their forum.
Interesting. At the beginning I have copied the cat/dat files into the root folder and I received the same error message when I started a new game. When ı cut and pasted those files into the "mods" folder instead of 6.b files everything returned back to normal. I started a few new games including both original plot (JB plot) and custom starts (Economical Enthusiasist) and I was greeted by the Xtended Mod 7.a each time as it would have to be.

Now I have finished both the original plot and Balaa Gi missions, found the Sohnen base, completed a few missions for them, have helped the Otas trader and found Otas base. I have visited all the sectors including Terran ones. Apart from the known bug issues, everyting seem to be normal.

Edit: My reputation is still low with Terrans although I'm at "Protector Of The Federation" level with Argons. They are not enemy, but don't allow me to buy even a M5 form their shipyard. :?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 11:13

Hi,

I finally got around to installing this last night, and I just have to say good job!

I haven't accessed the bulk of the content yet, but the explosions... Wow! The ship trails? Nice! The jump/gate noise... FANTASTIC! The new menus are very swish! And is it just me or have you made the Red Light sector look sexy as Elisha Cuthbert?

The game now feels like it should have when it came out, I cannot believe the impact the new ship jump sound makes.

Fantastic work everyone, you all deserve a huge pat on the back. :D
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:15

In case it helps. When you install XTM you will have 10 cat/dat in you root directory, but the one you need to copy are in the XTM folder in the X3 directory. Simply copy and paste them into the root directory from XTM folder and all will be well.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 20:37

I love this mod.

Im now the proud owner of an Argon M0!

:D :D :D

Only down side is that the nebula removal mod i have doesnt work nor does the XTM mini hud mod.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

rudiemcska

Post by rudiemcska » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 08:39

Does anyone know how to get the free
Spoiler
Show
Caiman in ocean of fantasy without it getting hit by the mine?

xtremeaxp
x3

HELP!!!! X3 .7 Anyone please.

Post by xtremeaxp » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 20:11

Im playing X3 .7. The new mod with all the new ships and secrors. Novas are there but there are also three to four new pirate ships aswell and they seem to be even stronger then Novas. Does anyone have any new info on these new ships and any idea witch ships should i go after untill i capture a decent ship for me to use once i have enough money to fix it up.
Also if anyone knows if there are any cool free stuff in the new mod can you share the info with me. The game is pretty cool but hard for newbies like me.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 21:12

XTM thank you all for your reports of problems/issues associated with the latest release of XTended, and apologise to anyone who has asked a question and not received a response.

If you have an issue or a problem please use any of the links below that seem appropriate in helping to solve your issue. Many problems have been solved and/or are in the process of being solved. If all else fails please feel free to post your problem in our tech support forum if a thread does not already exist about it (link also below). If a thread does exist on your issue, but does not have information specific to your problem, please add any extra relevant information.

[XTended 0.7a Revelations]
Download links & Overview
Installation Instructions
XTended FAQ's
Known Issues

XTended 0.7a Tech-Support Forum (English)

Lidza
x3

Basic Error

Post by Lidza » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 01:10

Hi all

Its my 2nd time that I try this mod and again, an unfortunately and frustrating stop on play. :(

After a couple days I managed to gather some $$$ around Argon Prime to buy my 1st station.

It was all too well until the moment that I contracted an Argon Mammoth and instruct its Capitan to dock at Argon Shipyard to haul my station (in Argon prime).

I bought my station and then I instruct him to fly to a sector. Well for 2nd time that I lose my station. The Mammoth does a REVERSE at end of the station but still inside of it. So my station and Mammoth go with a BIG BANG.

NOTE: Instructing the capt to fly to a sector, instructing it to follow me even if I'm right in front of his ship is useless it goes BANG. The station or distance for AI to turn is the problem.

How can this basic error with shipyard be missed?

Is there any solution to avoid AI controlled mammoth go BANG on the shipyard walls?

Also... why a capital ship need to fly inside the station to its position, that is on the other side?

Xtended in sleeping mode until a fix is provided.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”