[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 01:52

the egosoft moderator's must be so laid back, i would have just banned him for being so ungrateful on my forum :P

i can never understand how people can moan about free things like mods, it's not as if they are forced on you. :wink:

Askalor
x4

Post by Askalor » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 02:46

damnit! i downloaded all i need but i even installed it proper, but when i start the game it tells me that the two mod-files from the mod directorie a re missing, which is right, but they are neither in the mod package nor in the scriptfile!! so were do i get them from?

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 05:54

i just read the 1st page of this thread, hoping to find out if this mod is compatible with 2.0.02 of x3. is it?

thanks.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 05:55

Yes. More info on my signature linky..

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 08:02

hi eliah-

thanks for your link. i am reading over the page, hoping to find a clear, short answer about it working with 2.0.02 of x3, but haven't found it yet. also, galaxy's cockpit mod seems to have ended at x3 1.4

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=104846

based on the above link. again, these threads are so long that unless some updated info is pinned as a sticky or something at the top of the thread, it can be difficult to tell if his cockpits are compatible with x3 2.0.02. if you know the status of this, i'd appreciate some info.

in the meanwhile, i'll keep looking over those pages.

thanks.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 08:06

oh, one other q--- i thought i read that i need to wipe the mods out of my x3 folder. currently i have the ITS_ARG_CP_MOD_V1c cockpit callback.

should i remove it?

also, these instructions here:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?p=42211

don't mention using cycrow's script installer, which the xtended manual does mention

i am unable to run and now install the xscriptmanager_setup on my computer. i first downloaded and installed it, but when i clicked on the xscript manager icon, nothing would open. so i dleted it and redownloaded from the link within the pdf manual, but when i try to install i get an error opening file for writing.

not sure what to do at this point as far as installing the xtm.7a

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 09:30

Not sure.. For the download, perhaps try one of links in Cycrows topic on his Script manager on these boards, it is number one link in the community script and guide sticky..
Also, make sure you deleted the old Scr.Manager completeley, with the uninstaller or add-remove programs section in control panel..

As for the cockpit mod, yeah, you better get rid of it for now, when you make sure XTM runs fine on you, you may try to install that.

And, for the instructions, here is the general way to install XTM:
Fresh install of X3
X3 Patch 1.0-2.0.02
Bonus pack 3.0.06 or whatever the number was
Cycrow's script manager

Now, Open the XTM core mod zipped folder. Extract the files to a seperate folder, you ma rename it to XTM install files, for easier reference.
Now, close the zip file, and open that folder (XTM install files from now on).
Copy the 10.cat and 10.dat to your main X3 Folder.
From XTM install files folder, copy the soundtrack files to X3-soundtrack folder, if it asks you to rewrite, then good, click yes, if not, then..
...Then Go to X3 root directory (main folder), enter the soundtrack folder, and check if there isn't any subfolder like XTM or another soundtrack. If so, enter that, and move the music (.mp3, iirc) files to the X3 soundtrack folder. This probably won't occur if you extract the zip file contents to a seperate folder, ot X3 directly.

With that done, install the XTM 0.7b scripts package with Cycrows script installer.

And, play the game!

Word of advice tho- if yo want to play Bala Gi missions, then take the Egosoft starts (any will do), as something is up with XTM custom starts that do no allow to start them (something with different map names).
XTM does not bother the main plot anywhere, except for a bit tougher pirates perhaps :twisted:

P.S. I know, the installation seems complicated, but it is not. Why extract the .zip contents to a seperate folder? Well, if you extract them directly to X3, they will create a bit wrong subfolder structure, and you wil have to manually move files regardless.
Anywho, here's how it has to be:
10.cat in X3 main directory, where other .cat files are..
10.dat the same as above
Music files in main X3 directory- in subfolder "soundtrack".

If you have any files already named 10.cat, and 10.dat, well they might be your cockpit mod, delete them or move them. XTM core files have to be number 10 to avoid un-necessary bugs.

malinson
x3tc

xtm 7 Mod

Post by malinson » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 13:55

It seems to me that in order to play the new XTM 7 Mod I have to start a new game by choosing a custom universe. Thing is though that the plot becomes disabled. At least I think it's disabled along with the Research Missions. Can I start a new plot game and still have that huge XTM 7 universe?
Last edited by malinson on Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 13:59

Yes, Xtended works fine with the plot and non plot games, only with Xtended's custom starts will both the plot and Bala GI missions will be disabled. :wink:

Errm, what does this has to do with X2 modding? :?
Last edited by Player. on Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:09

I'm sorry I put this message in the wrong forum. I suppose I'll have to repost it....

malinson
x3tc

Xtm 7

Post by malinson » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:18

I was wondering if I can start a new PLOT game ( not custom universe) and still have the XTM 7 Mod. I'm not familular with Mods and don't use them so I didn't spend much time understanding them much. I installed this huge Mod and say that the script was enabled in the script installer. But dose this larger universe exist in only in the custom universe?

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:25

Yeah, you can still use the standard starts including the ones with the plot. The larger universe will only exist in a new game tho (custom or standard start) and since most of the new content revolves around the expanded universe a new game is required.

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:30

Oh, ok. I was wondering about that. I wanted to start a new game anyway. I installed this mod and now I know that I can have both the plot game and this. Good deal. Say, when I start this new game do I have to do I have to activate the scripts portion of it or is it already active?

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:35

I think you might have to activate it, its been a while and I don't remember. There's an easy way to check. Go to the player menu <p> and then select global commands (far left) and see if the script editor is at the top. If not you need to activate it by changing your name to "Thereshallbewings".

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:50

No need to, a moderator will move it. :wink:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

SoloX
x3

Post by SoloX » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 15:49

It should automatically be activated when you start a new game, to check go to options, gameplay and then AI Settings, there will be a bunch of tabs in white writing with a yes or no opposite them if their active, yes, not no, there is also a check status of the xtended mod which tells you if everythings ok.

4rch0n

Getting the odin (and actually flying it)

Post by 4rch0n » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 16:15

Hey I am new to this forum and yes I have used the search function, went through a couple of dusin of pages on the Xtended mod .7 , and then I eventually gave up on the rest of the about 400 pages in that thread and other about 50 threads to find my answer (I am not a complete @$$hole you see). - Anyway what script do you use to actualy spawn an Odin that you can board and take off in?

Thanks in advance
*Prepares to dodge trolls matrix-style*

Gus man B
x3tc

Xtended mod posable bugs

Post by Gus man B » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 17:20

I have just install the Ausome Xtended mod for X3 and I am experiencing
major slowdowns when in SETA.
In the Vanilla Using SETA at 10 X or (1000) Played smoothly
but in this mode The game play is really choppy.

Has any one seen the same problem and is any one working on a possible
solution?

There is another thing i found out. Seams like my HQ all of a sudden
Disappeared or cloaked when i returned bake to its home sector and is not rendering at all.

I used the X3-X3 converter to transfer my save to the xtended save with
95% success. I still have my ranks ships stations and 51M credits.
has any one got this bug?
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Core i7 980X @ 3.33Ghz QPI (6 core)
ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution Motherboard
Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
Crucial M4 128 & 256 SSD's
ATI Radeon R9 290x GPU
Water Cooled Via Swiftech and EK Waterblocks
Antec HPC 1000W Cont. Power Supply (Full Modular)
LG 10X BD-ROM, LITE-ON 24X Disc Drives

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 17:28

Merged all Xtended related topics into the main XTM thread.
Please do NOT open any new topics relating to Xtended Mod since these will share the same faith.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 17:34

The converter is likely part of the problem with the invisible HQ. Regarding the SETA problem, it is a known issue, and we've looked into it. Part of the problem is that there are more ships and more sectors, and hence more work for the CPU. There may be one or two other issues that will be sorted in the next update that should improve performance.

For now, it might be worth reducing the SETA to a lower setting.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”