[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Black Gryphon
x4

A warning might have been nice....

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 14:41

I had a mature game when I loaded the Extended Mod. 20 M1 and M2's a dozen TL's and 30 odd M6's. The M1's and M2's were on lone multi-sector patrols and the M6's were teamed up with TL for single sector patrols.

After loading the mod, with in 2 hours I lost 15 M1's and M2's and almost all of the TL's and M6's...Which is when I made my first post here about it.

So I restarted; The first thing I did was pull all of the multi sector patrols into sectors that had Stations. This brought the losses down to 3 M1's, 4 TL's and 2 M6's in the first 2 hours much better but still cost almost a billion credits.

So I restared yet again; This time I pulled all ships back to station sectors and paired M1 and M2's. These also had several M6's as support. All TL's were sent to dock. So far, after 4 hours is 1 M2 and 6 M6's lost. NOTE: These were all lost to a Khaak Frigate (with 2 corvetts) incursion.

It is a MUCH more dangerous place in the X-Universe now... I do not mind it being more dangerous but a warning that it was going to be woudl have been nice.

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 14:49

0.6b will be a little less dangerous, so it will be more easy to play to the new player.
Also , those M1 and M2's were fitted for OOS combat?

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 15:30

DarkWrath wrote:0.6b will be a little less dangerous, so it will be more easy to play to the new player.
Also , those M1 and M2's were fitted for OOS combat?
Yes, Most carried a full compliment of GPPC's... Which greatly added to the cost when lost...

By the way, I don't mind the added challenge once I was aware that I can't let M2's wonder around alone.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Xtended Mod 0.6a - AI questions

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:37

Ok I know this will probably be documented on XTended Mod guide/forum but I cant seem to link to the relevant info (Firefox error 404)

So anyone with experience of this mod can you answer the following

In game - Options / Gameplay / Artificial Life Settings

Terran Stations - No
Start Treasure Hunt - No

What effect will changing these to Yes have?, considering I just restarted the game in Xtreme mode and want to complete the main story again first, would I be better off leaving these for now.

A link to a guide for this mod that works too would be useful. X X X
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:46

"Yes"'ing Terran Stations will make Terran stations appear.
"Yes"'ing Treasure Hunt will make some random NPC's contact you when you're firing at them begging for their life in exchange for the location of... well, you can probably guess. PIRATE BOOTY! :pirat:

this should be in S+M, though, not Universe. :roll:

EDIT

aha, it's already in S+M. This is why the mods are mods, they're faster than me :wink:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:50

Rogueagle wrote:Colonelnj10, the Terran consulate shipyard should be in Circle of Labor in .6a. If its not, perhaps try leaving the sector, disabling and then enabling the terran shipyard artificial life option.

The links to the downloads should be taken care of shortly. Forum change going on currently, probably related. I doubt you will be dissappointed when you get a chance at it Crastinus. :)

Until its corrected in the original post by Mox, the correct links can be found here:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=1524
the problem with disabling and enabling it is this
after u disable it, it defaults to yes, so i not sure if that means its on, and 2 they dont reapear immediatly, how long does it take for them to respawn?

can someone help me, or is .6b coming out today so i dont need to worry

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 17:53

link to our forums: http://www.thexuniverse.com
also click Sig pic for forums aswell

The terran stations AL setting, just spawns a Shipyard, EQ Dock AEMP + BEMP Forges etc.

The Treasure hunt Al Setting enables the Xtended Treasure hunt missions

They should not effect your game in a negative way whatsoever

There is no Mod guide at the moment however there Should be one for 0.6B ;)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 18:03

Stevio wrote:link to our forums: http://www.thexuniverse.com
also click Sig pic for forums aswell

The terran stations AL setting, just spawns a Shipyard, EQ Dock AEMP + BEMP Forges etc.

The Treasure hunt Al Setting enables the Xtended Treasure hunt missions

They should not effect your game in a negative way whatsoever

There is no Mod guide at the moment however there Should be one for 0.6B ;)
The Terran stations which spawn thereafter, are these in addition to the ones I found in Circle of Labour already, or shouldn't they be discoverable if I have this setting at No. If so I think theres a bug here.

Thanks for the info and links guyz :)
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 18:06

in 0.6a the AL setting for the Terran stations is bugged unfortunately :(

they are the same stations, however they won't sell or produce anything until the setting is set to "yes"

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 18:10

Mox, it appears that your forums are down again. Sorry I have to ask this, if it's been discussed before.

How do you install this mod if you have already installed, and are using ships, with Cycrow's Ship Installer version 1.72?

I did the usual standard stuff, got into an M3, saved a game in a desolate sector, installed the Extended Mod via Cycrow's beloved script installer, then, because I have three Battlestar Galactica's installed with Cyrcrow's Ship Installer, I used the Ship Installer to "attach" to the Extended Mod, and then started the game with the "Shipcreator" mod, as is usual with Cyrcow's Ship Installer.

I'm not having much luck here. Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking forward to using this again.

Thanks!

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 18:18

Thank you for your time, now for the difficult decision whether to bookmark The X Universe - theres not enough time in the day. Oh damn, I've only gone and done it :)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Diagger

Xtended mod not detecting files ingame message-Cycrows script installer was used?

Post by Diagger » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 18:55

I don't know what the problem is here, I installled the Xmod files, then the patch using the script installer. In game I get a message telling me some files are missing, could this be a compatibility issue with other scripts?

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:02

We've got a forum and a Egosoft topic already :roll:
:shock: Why a new topic? :P

Both the 0.6 modfiles.spk AND the 0.6a patch.spk are needed for the installation to be a success

make sure the files are both installed and enabled
and follow the installation process with Extreme Precision :wink:

thanks for the topic merge Mysterious Moderator :P :D
Last edited by Stevio on Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Diagger

Post by Diagger » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:05

I have done exactly what you have said. And a new topic because no one ever seems to reply to my questions in a large thread. Which gets quite annoying when I really want to get playing.

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:36

You want to say that you can't use additional ships beside the XTM one? If so , you must copy the 08 cat and dat to the mods folder , install the aditional ships in this cat/dat with Cycrow's ship instaler and then cut/paste the 08 back to it's original place.

NinjaPirateAssassin
x3

Post by NinjaPirateAssassin » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:40

russbo wrote:I have three Battlestar Galactica's installed with Cyrcrow's Ship Installer, I used the Ship Installer to "attach" to the Extended Mod, and then started the game with the "Shipcreator" mod, as is usual with Cyrcow's Ship Installer.

I'm not having much luck here. Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking forward to using this again.

Thanks!
I believe this thread from the XTM forums deals with that problem:
http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=1503

But Dark pretty much explained the gist of the workaround.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 19:53

I have done exactly what you have said. And a new topic because no one ever seems to reply to my questions in a large thread. Which gets quite annoying when I really want to get playing.
Then you are probably mistaking us for a professional company with a staff of 30+ constanty scrutinizing every single line of feedback for possibilities of questions unanswered? We're not.
As things are, we are answering most questions asap, sometimes someting slips the net so you will have to ask again. Try to be a little more patient plz.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 20:04

is .6b coming out today or tomorrow, i REALLY want to buy my thorbut cant due to hostile terrans, and noone will give me an answer to my question on how to fix it

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 20:11

@Kurt Shur'Tugal > the .6b patch will be released when it's ready.
Thats soon. The Hostile terran issue wil be fixed in .6B

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 20:20

is "soon" here yet :lol: :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”