[SCRIPT] (FSUP) Fleet Support Ship software by Xai Corporation

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 07:48

I realize the documentation tells me not to, but I resupplied a TL class ship, and the goods transfered, but I recieved an error message anyway. The "F_SUP encountered an error..."

If the transfer worked, why is the error throwing up?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 19:37

fixed.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 22:21

Sweet.

Also, while you're in the mood, on your resupply script, when flying back to the ship to transport the goods, if lib.xai.nav detects < 2 jumps, and jumps to the sector of the ship, the correct (closest) gate isn't chosen. It actually selects the first available gate.

When flying to a station to pick up the goods, it works fine.

In your navtoobj script, nav is called and passes a sector as a parameter. If a sector is passed, this behaviour is expected. So I switched it to a position array, and the nav script STILL thinks it's a sector object and not an array object (required for the find closest gate).

Try it out. Put two ships in Ringo moon. Position both ships 1 km away from the East gate. Ask one to resupply ship with one good that's more then 2 jumps away. The ship jumps to the right gate when picking up the goods. Upon coming back to the ship, it chooses Ringo Moon's North Gate instead of the East gate which is clearly the closest.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 02:44

fixed. It was targeting the sector on the way back. Which gate's closest the sector the gate's are in?

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 13:49

Very nice and useful. Should have used earlier. Thank you.
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 17:08

What might be cool for a future update is if FSUP could *pre*detirmine which target vessels can't carry the requested ware for whatever reason so the supplier isn't stuck with the extra useless goods after you ge the error message.

StavCorp

Post by StavCorp » Mon, 8. Jan 07, 14:58

Sorry for being a total nubin, but I'm having problems getting this to work with ECs for some reason! It's almost certainly user error, so could someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I've got my Nova Raider needing ECs in the same sector as my resupply ship, a Mercury with FSUP, transporter, jumpdrive and a full cargohold of ECs (about 4000 of them). To get it to resupply my Nova I:

1 ) Go into the sector map
2 ) Select the Mercury
3 ) Press <c> for the command console
4 ) Press <4> for "Special"
5 ) Choose "Resupply ship"
6 ) Choose my Nova from the sector map
7 ) Choose Energy Cells from the list of wares
8 ) Enter, say, 10 for the volume. My Nova has about 150 space free.

The Mercury will then travel towards the Nova (and reports its current command as "Resupply"), then slams on its brakes, then turns and moves away at half speed, comes back, goes away again until eventually it ends up with command "Follow Nova" and I have no ECs in hold. In fact, if I did have any then it's transported them out of the Nova to the Mercury!

This exact process works for everything else I've tried - jumpdrives, 25MJ shields, even cahoonas. But when it comes to ECs it just doesn't seem to work the same, or indeed at all? Am I missing something kinda fundamental?

spoidz
x3tc

Dupe SATS

Post by spoidz » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 06:40

Sorry to double post, but everyone is in this one and not the bonus thread.

Is there a secret techniques to avoid duplicate SATS in areas you already seeded manually?

Since I had to re-install and reload a save game I already had several sectors placed. Naturally all of them aren't in exactly the same coordinates per sector.

I let my "dropper" run and watched as he duplicated several sectors, that I now have to manually pick up, because they are all now close enough that he will pick them all back up, if I try auto.

I know there is a 20KM range but is there any other tweak to maybe the script that I could turn on "no duplicates" in any sector it visits?

Also I noticed watching his travel that he is apparently able to traverse sectors without gates (Company Pride direct to Thuruks Beard for example), guess it has to work that way when he "chooses" a random sector?

Anyway thanks for another "man I wish...." script.

Cheers

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 12:05

I checked the code and the multiple sat code is >20km apart, and the collect code is <10km. You shouldn't be having this problem, so I need to do some testing which I don't have time for at the moment, maybe in a couple of days I should have an answer.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 17:54

Thanks for the look. And please don't let me make extra work. It could very well be working properly, but in any sector that i have already seeded, all i really need is a check for "any' existing SAT so that it won't place regardless if its within distance parameters.

Most of my sats are all center sector and either 25-30 north or south of the plane. So if I set him auto to any new empty sector, he will either continue dupe all the south or all the north depending on which I start him on. he is probably doing exactly as programmed within spec because there is enough distance when he reaches that pre-seeded sector.

All that I probably need is a check that doesn't place "unless" empty. If that would mess up your current distance logic, please don't ruin your excellent script for it. The script is perfect for a clean universe or new satellites that you want to add to existing.

endo
x3

Post by endo » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 22:35

Sorry for being a total nubin, but I'm having problems getting this to work with ECs for some reason! It's almost certainly user error, so could someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I've got my Nova Raider needing ECs in the same sector as my resupply ship, a Mercury with FSUP, transporter, jumpdrive and a full cargohold of ECs (about 4000 of them). To get it to resupply my Nova I:

1 ) Go into the sector map
2 ) Select the Mercury
3 ) Press <c> for the command console
4 ) Press <4> for "Special"
5 ) Choose "Resupply ship"
6 ) Choose my Nova from the sector map
7 ) Choose Energy Cells from the list of wares
8 ) Enter, say, 10 for the volume. My Nova has about 150 space free.

The Mercury will then travel towards the Nova (and reports its current command as "Resupply"), then slams on its brakes, then turns and moves away at half speed, comes back, goes away again until eventually it ends up with command "Follow Nova" and I have no ECs in hold. In fact, if I did have any then it's transported them out of the Nova to the Mercury!

This exact process works for everything else I've tried - jumpdrives, 25MJ shields, even cahoonas. But when it comes to ECs it just doesn't seem to work the same, or indeed at all? Am I missing something kinda fundamental?
I am getting the EXACT same behaviour as described above.... The weirdest part is, I was using this comand for this purpose with no problems till I reinstalled the games and put WAY LESS scripts on. I AM using the ddrs / ashleys combined mod, I did use LV cheats to get back to where I was as my saves were corrupted after the reinstall. Only things I can think of are I have a cheated MK3 pilottting the tanker which is now actually a Merc hauler as the tanker didn't have the same stats when I created it via the cheat. But the merc hauler had the tanker stats for some reason.... Also, After the Merc fills up with my energy cells (Should be the other way around) It gives a message that my tradere needs help cause he's full!! Will try it without a trader pilotted merc...

endo
x3

Post by endo » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 23:11

OK a nice fresh pilotless merc tanker purchased properly from the shipyard seemed to work now. Note that for some reason I again have "aquired" two sets of resuply commands. One that says xai corp. resuply and one that just says resuply. It was the Xai corp command that worked.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 23:56

you have both the unsigned and signed versions installed. You say the unsigned works correctly? Strange they should be the same.

endo
x3

Post by endo » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 02:11

Oh they both probably work I just posted as soon as I tested the one and it worked.

nemesisx3

Post by nemesisx3 » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 15:14

Have to point out 1 problem with this script that i found..

Thing i did:

i wanted to use FSUP to take BPPCs from Elephant 1, and transfer them to other elephant 2(ship that i used for FSUP was dolphin super freighter with 14k cargohold and al necessary upgrages).

So, i made Elephant 1 as homebase for FSUP ship, then i gave order to supply ship with 100 BPPCs.

Then what occurred, was that i started to get messages in infinite loop, but game didn't crash. So i went to check these messages, and it said basically that infinite loop occurred "jada jada jada" and so on... And the messages kept pounding me.
Then i figured out that the command for "supply ship" is still running, and all this is because the FSUP Script can transfer the equiptment to target ship (ie. to supported ship) with transporter device, but it _can not_ transfer for it self _FROM_ source (ie. homefactory or station..).
So i gave the FSUP command to "none" and messages stopped to spam my letter box. Then i went to check those messages (since game didn't lag anymore) and there was like 350 peaces of same message..

Well, nothing biggie tho for me, but i would suggest (if possible) that FSUP could transfer the equiptment it is supllying to some one with transporter device to it self from source factory or ship.

So i think there would be 2 solutions for me now:
1) I start to use script that allows TS class ships to dock to TL ships
2) author would update script so FSUP can transfer the supplied equipment with transported device from source factory in same manner as it transfer the equiptment to ship that's being supplied (only reverser order....)

If someone know about option 1 if that's possible, let me know

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 15:50

how big's an elephant?

FSUP does use the transported device to beam wares off of it's homebase. I wonder if a TS can't get into beaming range of an elephant?

nemesisx3

Post by nemesisx3 » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 16:35

elephant is a Split's TL aka Split Elephant (as it's sold with this name at shipyards...)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 13:31

moggy2 wrote:how big's an elephant?
Bit over 2 km.
Many freighters (especially big ones) have trouble getting into 5km range and stop at 5.5
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

nemesisx3

Post by nemesisx3 » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 14:04

i found from ship lists that Teladi Falcon Hauler (M3 ship, and can dock to Split Elephant) has cargo hold of 353 units of XL, so this means that i could transport with it 3 peaces of BPCCs (each of BPPCs are 100units of XL). So what you think, could it be possible to use that ship for FSUP without doing modifications to original Script (anyways, i think it would be good to fix that nfinite loop thing, so it would't lag that computer..) ???

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 08:50

Gazz wrote:Bit over 2 km.
Many freighters (especially big ones) have trouble getting into 5km range and stop at 5.5
Do you me in "Follow me" command? In sector, and with nonmoving formation leader, ships get close slower. Depends on set formation as well.

No idea what the collision envelope is like. It is hopefully not a sphere, at least not on ships like Elephant.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”