[SCRIPT] Xenotype: Xenon prototype project v 1.2 [UPDATED 12/25/05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

5- Excellent
51%
4- Good
30%
3- Average
14%
2- Poor
3%
1- Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 37

acrh2
x3

Post by acrh2 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 08:20

bob hope wrote:its just that you are restricting your motherboard and processor with such low mhz ram im running 400mhz ram on a 4 year old system 266mhz would mean i wouldnt actually be able to play x3 :lol:

i do fix pc`s and try to increase thier stability thats why i asked thats all :D
I'm sorry, I misunderstood earler.
It's 233Mhz because it's 466MHz effective. The ram is rated as PC-3700.
C2Q 6700 @ 3.50 GHz, OCZ 2x2GB @ 400, EVGA Nforce 680 sli,
EVGA gtx 280 FTW , Mitsu DP 2070SB 22"
X-FI Fatal1ty, Klipsch 5.1 UIltra, Sennheiser HD555
2 x WD Raptor 74 + 2 x 150 GB Raid0, 850W + 430W PS

Rambam
x3

Post by Rambam » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 15:57

This is a great script, but I'd recommend not using it at the same time as the Race Response script, as it makes things a bit too easy.

The last few times I've come across Xenon bosses, they were already being attacked by rapid response M6s. I'm also running the Salvage Network script - I finally got round to deploying a satellite network, and it found over a dozen unclaimed Xenon Prototype M3s and corvettes. I was delighted at first, but then I decided to just claim a couple of them - any more seemed too much like cheating!

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 20:45

Hi Arch2: How can I modifie the mamba that I get? and How are the encounters with the bosses? Do they heil me in other words how I know that that one is a boss encounter and not is a regular xenon patroling ship?

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 15:33

Hi again Arch2: The mamba that appears the first time can not see in the sector windows, but it appears in the property window. Do you know why?

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 22:08

interresting script!!!

I will try it tomorrow ...

Can you tell us what modified ships you get as prize and in wich area they are modified (speed,steering,shield power,energy power) and will you get only m3 or also bigger ships?
X2 STATS:AoA 1th Grade
Proud NOVA,CENTAUR,ZEUS,K,Oddy PILOT

X3 STATS ??
Nova Vanguard,Elephant,centaur,colosseus Owner
Current trading rank : Master Industrialist
Current Combat rank: Warlord
The only hope in my universe

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 23:18

i already have a xenon script....but more should be fun...so far i have extra pirates, extra khaak and extra xenon.....and now even more xenon.

downloading now.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 23:22

hmmmn any chance of it but without the super duper fighters, im happy with the x ones....mind you, i can just blow em up :D

just more enemies will do.

Rambam
x3

Post by Rambam » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 01:31

As this is a script rather than a mod there's only so many ways that the ships can be souped up, so they come with extra tunings for speed and rudder - basically the reward is a slightly overtuned ship complete with shields and some weapons, good but not too unbalanced, especially if you're already using Cycrow's overtune script anyway.

It's possible to get an occasional M6 rather than an M3, but I had to go up against a Xenon boss armed with flak arrays to get one!

That wasn't much fun, considering the 5 minute-long reload times...

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 04:13

Rambam wrote:As this is a script rather than a mod there's only so many ways that the ships can be souped up, so they come with extra tunings for speed and rudder - basically the reward is a slightly overtuned ship complete with shields and some weapons, good but not too unbalanced, especially if you're already using Cycrow's overtune script anyway.

It's possible to get an occasional M6 rather than an M3, but I had to go up against a Xenon boss armed with flak arrays to get one!

That wasn't much fun, considering the 5 minute-long reload times...
no i wont use anythinfg like that, ie cycrows overtune, i have full respect for him and his scripts but that one dont suit me at all. if i wanna go fast i fly m5, if i wanna be tough i fly a nova. ego ****** up a lot....but i think they got that balance right. make you use every ship....which when theres a 100+ its a waste if u dont. if i had a nova overtuned to 200ms + i would never use another another ship (or very few) and i know it costs a lot but in X games you earn money like you can only dream of at a astonishig rate. so the cash penalty means nothing as eventually you will have more than you can spend....even if you are crap :D

the xenon attacing....wandering about is great.....if i could just have a version without special ships to cap id be forever in onmes debt

......ie more xenon......no bolt on goodies.

oh well if you dont ask you dont get...... 8)

thanks for usig your spare time to make it, that in itself deserves a cheer.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 14:47

Puruco wrote:Hi again Arch2: The mamba that appears the first time can not see in the sector windows, but it appears in the property window. Do you know why?
Can someone help me with this, please :oops:

Rambam
x3

Post by Rambam » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 15:04

I know what you mean and it can seem too much like cheating when you can overtune your ships as many times as you want!

Basically it's up to the player and personally even if there's a script that'll give me a huge advantage in the game I won't use it unless it's 'believable' and makes sense in terms of the X universe, otherwise I might as well just script myself in an armada of M1s and M2s.

I think that the idea of dodgy mechanics charging a lot of credits to tinker with your ship to make it a little faster or more manouverable is believable, but only up to a point - if it was possible to make a destroyer as fast and manouverable as a fighter then the engineers would have made them like that in the first place.

I love Cycrow's script but out of personal choice I only ever overtune my ships once. The Xenotype ships in this script are overtuned twice (I think), which makes sense if you think of the Xenon copying ships to infiltrate the space of other races but making improvements on the original design in case their ships are discovered and have to fight their way out of the sector.

If you really don't want the overtuned ships then you can always dock them at a trading station and sell the extra tunings - It should show a minus number in the buy menu, and instead of buying more it'll remove them and set the ship to the max normal number of tunings

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 15:26

Puruco wrote:
Puruco wrote:Hi again Arch2: The mamba that appears the first time can not see in the sector windows, but it appears in the property window. Do you know why?
Can someone help me with this, please :oops:
If it's in a new game, it's because the script doesn't check that the playership is actually spawned before creating the Mamba, so it's in limbo. The playership doesn't get created right away, so the setup script really should link to a seperate script to run all the initialization stuff and spawn the ship. That should ensure the playership is actually in the universe before putting the Mamba in. A way around this is to start a new game with no scripts running, then dock and save, quit out and then enable any scripts you want to use, the load the save.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Rambam
x3

Post by Rambam » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 15:27

Puruco, you wrote that last post while I was writing mine - don't know if it'll help, but the ship should show up on your scanner as a 'Xenon Prototype Mamba' and you should be able to claim it like any other abandoned ship.

You'll know when a Xenon boss isn't a 'regular' Xenon ship because you'll get an incoming message starting something like 'There it is again...', and it'll always be a long way behind one of the gates rather than in the sector itself.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 15:34

Rambam wrote:Puruco, you wrote that last post while I was writing mine - don't know if it'll help, but the ship should show up on your scanner as a 'Xenon Prototype Mamba' and you should be able to claim it like any other abandoned ship.

You'll know when a Xenon boss isn't a 'regular' Xenon ship because you'll get an incoming message starting something like 'There it is again...', and it'll always be a long way behind one of the gates rather than in the sector itself.
I believe he's talking about the initial Mamba you get when first running the script. That one should already be assigned to the player.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 16:06

Armegeddon wrote:
Rambam wrote:Puruco, you wrote that last post while I was writing mine - don't know if it'll help, but the ship should show up on your scanner as a 'Xenon Prototype Mamba' and you should be able to claim it like any other abandoned ship.

I believe he's talking about the initial Mamba you get when first running the script. That one should already be assigned to the player.
Thanks both Rambam and Armegeddon. Yes is the in initial ship, the prototy and again yes i use a lot of scripts. I will try your advice (Armegeddon) and install the way you sai tonite. Hope to work that way.

By the way arch2 is still working with this script?

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 19:34

Rambam wrote:I know what you mean and it can seem too much like cheating when you can overtune your ships as many times as you want!

Basically it's up to the player and personally even if there's a script that'll give me a huge advantage in the game I won't use it unless it's 'believable' and makes sense in terms of the X universe, otherwise I might as well just script myself in an armada of M1s and M2s.

I think that the idea of dodgy mechanics charging a lot of credits to tinker with your ship to make it a little faster or more manouverable is believable, but only up to a point - if it was possible to make a destroyer as fast and manouverable as a fighter then the engineers would have made them like that in the first place.

I love Cycrow's script but out of personal choice I only ever overtune my ships once. The Xenotype ships in this script are overtuned twice (I think), which makes sense if you think of the Xenon copying ships to infiltrate the space of other races but making improvements on the original design in case their ships are discovered and have to fight their way out of the sector.

If you really don't want the overtuned ships then you can always dock them at a trading station and sell the extra tunings - It should show a minus number in the buy menu, and instead of buying more it'll remove them and set the ship to the max normal number of tunings
my prob with em is in x you get more and more powerful with no enemys matching your new skill.

i can kill groups of m5 - m3 in a m5 so i dont want any better ships......but more enemies.....yes please.

thanks for makin it thoughm dont wanna seem ungtatful :thumb_up:

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 21:45

Puruco wrote:By the way arch2 is still working with this script?
Looking at his profile, he hasn't posted anything in the mod forum in like two months. Maybe just burnout, hopefully he will be back...

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 22:38

Overtuning ships is not bad if you do not abuse them...

Personally i have overtuned my Nova Vanguard to 201 and i stopped there...
:P
It is my favorite fighter because i have a fast ship wit good shielding that can attack 6-7 m3's or 10-12 L's and win !!!

As for Egosoft decision to decrease (a lot) the speed of the m3's,m2's and m1's personally i think that it is a big mistake!!!

I liked the speeds of X2 much more,they were more realistic...
X2 STATS:AoA 1th Grade
Proud NOVA,CENTAUR,ZEUS,K,Oddy PILOT

X3 STATS ??
Nova Vanguard,Elephant,centaur,colosseus Owner
Current trading rank : Master Industrialist
Current Combat rank: Warlord
The only hope in my universe

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 04:01

ok so been so busy using terracorp combat pilots while red spots plugins wreck my universe (ie destroy) :wink: i aint tried yet....but im gonna use it next, nothing elsse gravs me by the balls ar the mo.

ps i use lots not 2

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 11:05

I found a xenon proto ship floating about doing nothing.... Hydra in fact... and I have not even destroyed not one xenon yet. :?
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”