[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software V1.05 : Updated 29/06/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
79%
Good
12%
Ok
5%
Not So Good
1%
Terrible
1%
Its not really for me
2%

Total votes: 298

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 16. Jun 11, 17:48

Have you activated the script editor?

I.E Whilst flying through space, navigate to the 'change pilot name' option and change it to:

Thereshallbewings

EXACTLY as you see it above. Note the capital T! ;)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 00:53

Yes I had already done that and if I try to install anything I get a window saying Invalid Package file or just failed to download.

BigBonsai
x2

Post by BigBonsai » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 00:30

Is there still a working link somewhere?

I seem to stumble over a few dead links at the moment... :-)

BiB

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 2. Jul 11, 02:05

Erm.....................I just tried the 1st available download link and it worked for me.

http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/S ... 6.2006.spk
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Tue, 5. Jul 11, 23:24

I actually am getting this script showing up in the teladi stations now as readtext - I guess thats what its called- and can buy and use it. But still can't get other scripts to load with the plugin manager.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 6. Jul 11, 07:46

You're sure you've activated the Script Editor correctly? You should be able to access it from the Command Console of any ship you own.

Forgive me for asking a silly question, but you are playing X3 Reunion, arn't you? :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 02:05

yes, im playing x3r and i did activate the script editor. do I have to do anything in the editor itself to get the scripts to run. Thanks for replying

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 07:54

No, you don't have to go into the script editor.

What kind of install so you have? Steam? DVD?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 22:06

dvd. I bought the gold edition a couple months ago.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 09:54

Ok. Are you using the Plugin Manager correctly? Did you point it to the correct directory where your game is installed? How are you adding the script packages?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 11:40

After downloading script, it appears in my downloads which i then move to documents.( I have Windows 7). I then open the plugin manager, select file in upper left, select Install Package. A window opens showing scripts in my documents I then select script i want which appears then at bottom. At bottom right I select package files(*.spk) and then open which results in a window appearing saying failed to install invalid file. The directory listed in plugin manager is c:\Program files(x86)\Egosoft\x3reunionv2.5uplink)(Language:English). I know i must somehow be installling incorrectly. I'm not very computer savvy but once this game's through with me i'm sure i will be.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 13:26

Well obivously, that error you mentioned is your problem. That should'nt happen at all.

Now I don't know Windows 7 at all I'm afraid, but I seem to remember something about the intall directory? Some games don't like the default 'Program Files' folder, as windows wont allow changes to it? or something like that?

Try a different install directory, like

C:/Egosoft/X3Reunion
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 16:35

yeah in windows 7 it protect programs from writing to program files which can cause problems for the plugin manager.

installing it out of program files is best solution.

althou you can try runnign the plugin manager as admin or trying to adjust the directory permissions to allow it

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:33

Actually Cycrow, I did somehow manage to get your ship salvage script to install. don't know how I did it, but it appears as read text in the teladi eq. I bought it and it works fine. Can't install anything else. How do I install out of files?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:43

Prophet1 wrote:Actually Cycrow, I did somehow manage to get your ship salvage script to install. don't know how I did it, but it appears as read text in the teladi eq. I bought it and it works fine.
If you have read-text appearing anywhere in your game, they are a sign that something is not working properly.
Prophet1 wrote:How do I install out of files?
Reinstall Reunion, but this time choose to instal it in a different directory. Like:

C:/Egosoft/X3Reunion
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:46

Thanks for the quick reply. So I just pop the dvd in reinstall and thats it? do I have to do anything with my game saves?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:53

Yes, thats about it. Just remember to change the install directory! Also back up your saves somewhere. (Desktop maybe?) Then place them back into the correct folder, when you have finished installing and updating the game.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 20:40

many thanks

artao
x3tc

System Override Software Mk2 Seems to do Nothing

Post by artao » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 21:33

So I installed the SOS Mk2, and spent around 6.5 million credits in game to purchase it ... And now it seems to do nothing at all !!! No extra option in the Piracy menu, I have Shift-B assigned as the hotkey, but that does nothing (and I've tried other key assignments too) ...
Is this yet another script that's broken for Reunion 2.5?
Will I even get a response? This forum is QUITE dead it seems.
Oh well. :(
"Keep looking up!!" -- Jack Horkheimer (RIP)
l8r,
artao

System specs (if needed):
Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
Athlon XP1800+ 1.6Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
ATI x700 256Mb DX9 Shader 2.0 (AGP 8x)
Soundblaster Live!
... and the standard drives, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc ...

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 21:49

Hey, awesome. Thanks mods!
Now that my question has been merged into this thread, it probably stands even LESS chance of ever being answered than it did as its own thread. :D
</snark>
"Keep looking up!!" -- Jack Horkheimer (RIP)
l8r,
artao

System specs (if needed):
Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
Athlon XP1800+ 1.6Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
ATI x700 256Mb DX9 Shader 2.0 (AGP 8x)
Soundblaster Live!
... and the standard drives, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc ...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”