Script: Shield Shunt (to Energy Cells)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Maulkye
x3

Hi again

Post by Maulkye » Tue, 19. Sep 06, 17:13

OK,

I initially misunderstood your post, so I'll have to do some more testing tonight to be sure but I did run some basic tests last night.

So far everything works ok in my tests. I'll try again in some different scenarios in the next day or so to see if I can reproduce your problem.

Can you tell me the exact configuration of the scenario where you have the problem? (Remote ship type, number of installed shields, max possible shields, EC cell count when shunting stopped, and so on). Also, make sure when you recreate the problem that you temporarily shut down any other commands running on the ship (there are other shield drainer scripts out there).

Thanks
Maulkye

:)

subaluigi
x3tc

Post by subaluigi » Tue, 19. Sep 06, 20:49

Salut et ahoy Maulkye :-)

just was walking around in the forum and saw, that this thread is on the first page! So I decided to take a look.
Well, what shall I say? I'm using your script since january, and its still working great, so why complaining about?
Some might say, its a cheat, in fact I believe, the shunt is a bit to cheap, but who cares?! I think, having played a lot the user already has enough money, to buy such a software, or he also can land and buy e-cells, as well.
But no one is forced to install your script, if he thinks, it's a cheat. For me, it only makes things a bit easier and confortable.
So I have to thank u :-)

And the story, I like it, too!

The best wishes from Europe,

à bientôt,

luigi
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***modified***
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨and proud of it!!
'Cause X without scripts is like girls without tits...

another new video of the: >>Terran Conflict<<

Maulkye
x3

Thanks!

Post by Maulkye » Tue, 19. Sep 06, 21:43

Thank you,

I always apreciate nice feedback. I don't think anyone has told me the Shield Shunt seemed like a cheat yet. For lower level ships and shields it doesn't make much energy and it exposes you to danger in the balance.

With capital ships you can make a lot of energy for basically free (though I set a cap of 1000 I think). However, as you say, by the time you can equip a ship of that size with that kind of shielding, the cost of EC's are trivial and the Shunt is a mere issue of convienience.

Thanks,
Maulkye

Maulkye
x3

Double Post

Post by Maulkye » Tue, 19. Sep 06, 21:45

Oops - Double Post
Last edited by Maulkye on Fri, 22. Sep 06, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Scrub
x2

Post by Scrub » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 21:48

Nobody said it's a cheat yet? Ok. let me be the first, at least a little bit! :D

I honestly love this script. It has gotten me out of many a jam in just the past 12 game hours. I've used it to jump my Nova past a veritable Xenon blockade when I jumped in dry. I've used it to meet quota on a BBS energy resupply mission. (ok a BIT of a cheat). And the one that has me feeling the the most cheat-guilt is where I took my lone Python into XS 101 and absolutely SMEARED 6 K's, 4 J's and an uncountable number of L's and P's in one sitting... 'Cause I used the Shield Booster script in conjunction with yours! :twisted: (And a bit of groovy manuvering thruster mojo helped a tad as well) It recharges the shields a little faster than your's depletes them, and it sips energy a little less than yours makes it. The effect is very mild while both are running, but when the Energy gets to 1000 (on my Python) the shunt stops, and the shields boost at their 'normal' rate. The Laws of Thermodynamics cough at such a spontaneous generation of energy, but I approve! Good job!
"Much good work was lost for the lack of a little more"

Maulkye
x3

Hahahah!

Post by Maulkye » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 23:15

I wondered if anyone would try that. I set the power value of one energy cell to 500MW. All we'd have to do is have everyone agree on that (or some other) value and then tune scripts to that conversion equation:

1 Energy Cell = 500MW (any takers on standardization?)

Then, scripts such as mine and the one you mentioned would convert the energy evenly (though there is some fictional license here in that the containers for energy are already available).

For those that like to bend the rules, it's not hard to adjust my script to make as much energy as you want for as cheap as you like. I tried to label all variables clearly.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 09:02

500MW seems enough but people will always argue about something. Would have been nice if they had already defined this, even if it only made scripts equal and un-biased.
Thanks for the Script, has been extremely useful, still loving the back story, so many scripts miss that small, but oh-so-good bit of detail.

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Sun, 10. Feb 08, 12:39

This script is now available at http://x3.fnord.to/dl/Shield_Shunt_V2.rar
I've also made an .spk: http://x3.fnord.to/dl/Shield_Shunt_V2.spk

Maulkye
x3

Post by Maulkye » Sun, 10. Feb 08, 16:30

Thanks Atomic... I modified the OP. Have fun with it.

Nexuswolf

Post by Nexuswolf » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 00:42

Any chance that I could get a copy of this? The DL link is down, preferably the .spk file if you have it. ^_^

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 03:49

Hi guys

First I want to thank Maulkye for a very practical script. :thumb_up:

I wanted to try this script out, but the download links is dead :shock:

So I wonder if anyone want to share this little script with me?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”