[Script] BBS Tycpack 1 - 29 Mar 06 - v3.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rejangles
x3tc

Post by Rejangles » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 17:59

I have played "Dude where's my ship" and the "Mad Goner", they were fun, haven't seen the others yet, but I look forward to it.
Question on the Goner one
Spoiler
Show
I haven't used dragonfly missles, just apac 'till he bails, am I missing something? I also blew him up once and got a vacuum cleaner. Pretty funny, but I can't seem to sell it.
Thanks for adding to the fun. As I have no idea what is possible to create, I don't know if the missions can be sort of multi-level, but a more complex one would be good, and as I haven't found but two yet I don't know what the others are like. But it is nice to have more stuff on the bbs.

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 14:46

Hi all, sorry about the lack of replies, my isp decided they didn't want me to have broadband and closed my account !! Anyway back up and running now :)

The TycPack1 missions are limited only by the type of station you are docked at, there are no time constraints or rep requirements. The priority with which the missions are offered is slightly random so you may go some time without seeing the missions and then get loads together.
There is one mission which will only be offered at a pirate base.

As far as i can tell there are no changes to the scripting engine beyond v1.3 which could affect TycPack1.

The 'He's Goner Mad' mission must be completed in the correct manner which will result in a rep. gain with the Goners, you will not lose rep. with the Goners for failing the mission (i decided against giving a Goner rep. hit as it's too difficult to get the rep. back).
Spoiler
Show
You must use dragonfly missiles, nothing else will achieve mission success !
The Vacuum Cleaner has no use and cannot be sold, i just couldn't resist putting one in as it seemed so funny ! Spacefuel, Spaceweed & a vacuum cleaner lol seemed appropriate for a Goner :)
Glad you're having fun with them, thanks for the feedback.
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 14:05

Small fix to the pirate mission which on completion awarded a notoriety boost to the aggrieved race instead of the pirates !
All now works correctly.

Also please note, the script is available in either .zip OR .spk format.

cheers
8Gb memory

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 14:18

oooooooooooh an update... great. !
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 10:11

Minor Item:

Do you have to park at the Goner Temple to get the Goner mission?

I ask this cause I play Kha'ak Invader, and I don't think they'll EVER let me dock (max neg rep with ALL races).

It would be helpful if it showed up in any station that was in CBSW, since I'll be able to dock (I will once I get a few more ranks up with Argon's :) ) at the local stations.

Also, not being able to dock at the GT means no Transporter device, which I need. Haven't been able to blow it off any of the Rangers yet.

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 16:27

No, the Mad Goner mission is offered at any 'dock' belonging to a race faction (Argon Boron Split Teladi Paranid), so that could be Trading Dock or Equipment Dock.

Also, a small ray of hope, there is a mission in TycPack 2 (still working on some small bugs so not released yet) which will give you a free transporter device if you do not have one installed :)
I hope to release it soon but real life is slowing me down !
8Gb memory

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 20:55

Sweet. And I 'acquired' a Nova Vanguard, and have been collecting Dragonflies.

Sorry to hear about RL getting to ya. The maker of the Exodus mod has the same problems. But he's still trying, though not communicating in public.

HappyTHug

all these missions are ugh!

Post by HappyTHug » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 02:47

They don't tell what rewards you will get, so that's a bummer right from the start. We'll start with He's goner mad... who wants to go out of their way to buy a bunch of dragonfly missiles to play target practice with some crazy goner without even knowing if you'll get anything worth while.

The ship retrieval missions are too vague. How exactly are you supposed to capture these ships? Just get lucky and hope they bail before they explode? Also, what are the rewards for retrieving these ships?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”