!!! Missing Ship Models Version 4 !!! New Khaak-Pit Edition!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:41

Bubba Fat wrote: Teladi Osprey

You'll also notice, if you don't have my mod, that the Teladi Osprey uses the model for the Boron Hydra. There are many mistakes in this game, my mod just fixes some of them.
oooohh i thought it was the other way round, i like the old Hydra from X2

oh and will this effect my Gameplay, saves, will i have to start again?

P.S sorry about the pics ---> 'pits mixup thought you made a typo

cheers

stevio

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:43

The thing with the Teladi Osprey is that it has a lot of the Boron Hydra specs in the tships.pck. Those might not be the correct specs, but that's the only reference I have. I could change it and add all new specs, and I will if Egosoft doesn't fix it in patch 1.3, but I don't like changing things in the game too much. That's why my mod just fixes the ship models, instead of changing their stats or whatever. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably start a poll to find out what the majority wants to see in the Teladi Osprey.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:51

I can bet you good money that speed will be high on the list.
All Teladi ships are tempered by this and the game justifies it with the extra shielding they got, forgetting that's ok from a AI/OOS pov but from a humanplayer angle it's rubbish.
That extra 125mj isn't going to last long if it handles like a brick.

A good compensation imo would be to have it blistering with turrets, slow but agile and with a bigger then average lasergen.
Same for most Falcon's, their models have the rearturret in place yet they don't have them enabled but one.
Such a shame, would have made the Falcon at least move up a bit from the pussy-list, now it's with ease the best cappable and most useless m3 in the universe.

But I guess it's(The Osprey) just a Hauler now, very good cargospace and at least it got looks:), should also perform quite well in OOS duty I guess...if it can catch up with what it tries to go up against that is.
Last edited by -XTM- on Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:51

Bubba Fat wrote:The thing with the Teladi Osprey is that it has a lot of the Boron Hydra specs in the tships.pck. Those might not be the correct specs, but that's the only reference I have. I could change it and add all new specs, and I will if Egosoft doesn't fix it in patch 1.3, but I don't like changing things in the game too much. That's why my mod just fixes the ship models, instead of changing their stats or whatever. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably start a poll to find out what the majority wants to see in the Teladi Osprey.
make it into the holy grale of ships, the legendary M0 that we have all been waiting for.

SPECS:

-10x10GJ sheilds
-6 turrets [up,dwn,lft,rit,frnt,bck] 5 lasers in each, compatible with all lasers
-massive power core
-massive cargo bay
-massive dock for ships

anyway you get the point :lol:

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 03:37

Well since the game already has four different Teladi Osprey variants, I don't think it would be difficult to make four versions that would suit most everyone. But let's wait and see if Egosoft fixes it first. They said patch 1.3 should be out before Christmas.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 05:27

Ill be very pleasantly suprised if they did something to the models, by all means we are practically entitled to some compensation of that kind:)
I doubt they will though...

Current Osprey still has a cameradummy-thingy at portside of the rearturret btw....no biggy, just thought you might wanna know.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 01:54

Please explain "cameradummy-thingy".

son of cronus
x3

Post by son of cronus » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 10:35

Hey Bubba, thanks for giving me the sexiest m3 in the game. The new model for the Paranid Perseus Vanguard is freakin hot!!

Now I just have to find a way to script a bigger cargo hold as 63 units is lame for an m3.

Operation Mindcrime
x3

Post by Operation Mindcrime » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 16:59

Any luck with the human destroyer yet? I forgot all about wanting to cap Xenon Ks when I saw a pic of one of those. *THAT* would be my "holy grail" of a ship in X3...

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 23:06

son of cronus wrote:Hey Bubba, thanks for giving me the sexiest m3 in the game. The new model for the Paranid Perseus Vanguard is freakin hot!!

Now I just have to find a way to script a bigger cargo hold as 63 units is lame for an m3.
You can add more cargo storage with DoubleShadow's X3 editor. It's very easy to use.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 00:53

Only if you can help me out with my post on this forum *har har,,, nah just kidding.....*me feeling totally ignored**

Camera-thingy...I thought I saw a camera-disc still floating in the left-upper corner of the osprey's aft-turret-cockpit, that's about it.

I was just wondering; currently it seems like all m6's are a little bit drifting...the turret-placement is excellent but their loadout's are somewhat of a bugger to me, either too powerfull, or too mainstreamish.

Wouln't it be a id to have turrets perform more like specific-duty's?

The thing I'm thinking about is, for example with the Osprey;

Equip is with 2 top, 2 botton, 1 aft turret, only the afturret being capable of having like HEPTS.
the other 4 turrets can equip up to BPAC's and are mainly usable as anti-fighter turrets.

Realizing it's not you mod at all (the m6 one) but just thought to adress it as well since I believe youre interested in it anyway.

What do you think?
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:56

I looked by the Osprey's only turret, and I didn't see anything. It wouldn't be a "cameradummy", if you're using my mod. I didn't just go through and change the "cameradummy" on each ship. That would have taken forever. I just changed the "cameradummy" itself. So you would either see all "cameradummys", or no "cameradummys". Depending on if you have my mod installed or not. There are some weird cube things for some ship's cockpit view. I haven't gotten rid of those yet, but they're only on main cockpits. Not turrets. Maybe Egosoft will fix it in the next patch, so I don't have to. I don't really like changing the ship's formula, or anything, unless it's broken or something. If Egosoft doesn't fix the Osprey, and add their own correct stats for it, I'll find out what the majority of people want and add it myself. I'm not sure what you mean by having the turrets perform specific duties. You can already assign a command to each individual turret, in the ship's command console.

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 15:55

is this mod working with the new patch or should i just give up on useing it?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 19:06

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo wrote:is this mod working with the new patch or should i just give up on useing it?
From the first post in this thread:
EDIT: Hey, don't use my mod with patch 1.3. It probably won't work right. I haven't even downloaded patch 1.3 yet. When I do, and see what I need to fix, I'll release a new compatible version.
AFAIK the mod was never updated so it's not compatible; anyway I'm pretty sure all the missing models have been reintroduced in the game with patch 1.3/1.4.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 20:49

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo Please do not resurect threads, its against rules.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”