[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sat, 21. Jan 06, 21:40

Yep if you look through these posts you will see the same thing happned to me but funny enough it only happens with 1 of my frieghters and the same 1 every time.

The other 2 never seem to deviate from the Trade Beacon sectors.

So waiting for the auther of this Script to come back and tell us all whats up if anything.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Elibriz
x3

Post by Elibriz » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 17:16

Hello guyz

Here's my question : I use the bhr satellite deploy script, for reason unknown to me, the author saw fit tp name every navigation relay satellite another name that the default name, he put "Navigational Relay satellite", instead of the default "Your Navigation Satellite". I've checked in the script itself, there is a specific command at the end to do that.

Now the problem is that, as we know, Mister Zz, the author of the Sat limited mk3 trader, check for the exact name of the satellite before renaming them to Trading Beacons.

At first, I said to myself : "No problem, I'm just gonna modify his script so that is search for "Navigational Relay Sattelite" instead and change them to "Trade Beacon". It was easy, the script named \scripts\Plugin.autotrade.zz.NameSats.xml is as follow :

Arguments
1: ExactSat , Var/Ship owned by Player , 'InputPlayerShip'
Source Text

001 $C = [FALSE]
003 $SatName = $ExactSat -> get name
005 if $SatName == 'Navigational Relay Satellite'
006 $ExactSat -> set name to 'Trade Beacon'
007 $C = [TRUE]
008 end
010 if $SatName == 'Your Advanced Satellite'
011 $ExactSat -> set name to 'Adv Trade Beacon'
012 $C = [TRUE]
013 end
015 if $C == [TRUE]
016 START speak text: page=13 id=1100016 priority=1
017 else
018 START speak text: page=13 id=1357 priority=1
019 $Feedback1 = 'A Satellite must be selected and must have the name 'Your Navigation Satillite' '
020 $Feedback2 = 'or 'Your Advanced Satilite.' '
021 $Feedback3 = 'Select a properly named Satellite or rename it manually. '
022 $FinalFeedback = sprintf: fmt='%s %s Your target: %s does not qualify. %s', $Feedback1, $Feedback2, $SatName, $Feedback3, null
023 send incoming message $FinalFeedback to player: display it=[TRUE]
024 end
025 return $C

Note that I have already made the modification.

But now, we've got something weird : It doesn't work. it always search for the same "Your Navigation Satellite" name.

No mather what I do, and how many time I reinit the scripts cache, and I save and quit and reload and restart. That damn "haunted" script always reset to its original programming. I've erased the script completely. every single file of it, the same ones that were in the Zip file, and start the game, and checked that the script had completely disappeared from the script editor as well as the ships command console. I then reinstalled the zip AND modified the naming script BEFORE launching the game with the new script for the first time. and guess what ? IT DOESN'T WORK !

No what the heck is happening to that script ?!

Edit : I've even discovered that if I modify the script in an XML editor outside the game, the modification doesn't appear in the script editor, even if I reinit the cache or save and quit and reload. even thought the file ON MY HARD DISK opened with notepade appear rightly modified with the text "Navigational Relay Satellite", it appears written as "Your Navigation Satellite" inside the script editor in X3. I've also tried to modify the string directly in the script editor and even thoo the modification do appear (No doubt, I've typed it live in the game with my own hand) It's not working anyway, after reinint and saving and loading, it still search for the old name spelling. There must be some default parameter somewhere that it is reverting to or something. but frankly, I'm lost. If anybody have an idead, I'm most thankful.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 29. Jan 06, 20:45

You can only edit scripts with the In Game Editor.
Sorry.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Paajtor
x3

Post by Paajtor » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 21:29

Any news about v1.1?

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Tue, 9. May 06, 23:58

Any problems running this script with the 1.4 patch?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. May 06, 00:03

Nope. Works like a champ. I wouldn't run a single UT without it.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Wed, 10. May 06, 00:12

eeeexcellent.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. May 06, 00:22

You're damn skippy it's excellent. :D

thorns
x3

Post by thorns » Wed, 10. May 06, 05:24

Hmm, I was actually just about to point out that I am using this script, but I am still losing UTs to sectors without satellites named "Adv Trade Beacon". I do have sats in them, but they are named something else, and so shouldn't be a problem?

Any ideas?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. May 06, 05:56

I've lost a couple UTs. For whatever reason, they think it's ok to fly thru Moo-Keye..

My opinion, nothing is perfect. Occasionally they'll fly to places they shouldn't. This script lessens that odd.

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Wed, 10. May 06, 16:24

As best as I can tell, it only checks for the satellite while trading, and not when flying to trade docks or buying e-cells - so every once in a while, they head into unsafe sectors and get killed.

They also tend to gripe about not finding jump fuel within range, when they have plenty of energy left. (My dolphin super freighters will call it quits when the get down to about 230 ecells - which is always plenty to reach a sector with ecells for sale).

Unfortunately this script's author seems to have departed.

thorns
x3

Post by thorns » Wed, 10. May 06, 22:45

Ah yeah, looking for energy in these particular sectors could definately be a problem. Won't be a problem once I get my M2s going, go clear out the pirate M7s :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 11. May 06, 05:59

So, is it safe to assume, that if I put trade satellites in the "other side of the map", past my enemy sectors, that my UT's will traverse the enemy sectors to get to those trade areas, or will they attempt to use the jumpdrive to "jump across them"?

I'm using Cycrow's excellent Mercenaries script to guard my UT's along with this satellite based script, and am generally having pretty good luck with respect to my UT's. But I have not yet opened up the far reaches of the universe yet to them, as I have not yet figured out if they'll avoid the non trade sat sectors or not.

Anyone know?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 11. May 06, 14:13

They jump, if they have the "fuel". If they don't have it, they'll message you, telling you such. If they to wander into a pirate sector, they should automatically jump to a friendly sector. The only key tho, you should go to them, and empty their cargo bay (except a few ecells), and re-start the UT command. Otherwise, if they were buying something in the pirate sector, and got interrupted, they'd go back to try and complete the purchase.

Since I've been running the sat Mk3, I've only lost 2 UTs due to a pirate sector fetish. 2 UTs out of approximately 100 (5 runs thru the game). Fair sight better than 1 out of 5 without it. :)

Muckypup23
x3

Post by Muckypup23 » Fri, 19. May 06, 20:56

Ok Im a little confused...

Ive set up a good few navigation satelites in and around argon space and a few boron. I usually jump from Family Ronkar to every selling their cheap cells. But personally id rather the trader do it for me.

Ive one level 9 trader which is a dolphin. Ive installed the script.

and renamed all the navigation satelites that I want the trader to trade in to eg nav sat kingdom end etc

The bit I dont under stand is how to make the nav sateltie eg in kingdom end be the one that I want the dolphin only to trade in along with which ever others I require.

When I select trade and then the one below sector trade it just confirms it. What I dont understand is how you activate the satelites so that your universe traders only trade where they are ???

Im sure theres a short answer to this ???

Im not stuck just now as I have a few on sector trading but when you have a level 9 trader its time to go global

Juan

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sat, 20. May 06, 11:41

go into the command console, go into the 'trade' option, select 'activate trading beacon'. This will pop up the universe map. Go to the sector of your choice, and select the nav sat. It will be renamed "Adv trading beacon" (or some such).

Not sure if the renaming function will have rouble working if you've already changed the names of the satellites. I would hope not, but the important thing is that you have to leave the new 'trading beacon' name on the satellites, or the script will not work.

After that, it's a simply matter of activating the 'satellite limited trader MK3'.

perraultpa
x3

Post by perraultpa » Sat, 20. May 06, 17:15

I just started using this script and I turned all my Sats in Argon space to trading beacons. But I have noticed the ships with the Mk3 software will ocasionally make a trade run into Kingdom End even though it doesn't have a Adv Nav Beacon.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sat, 20. May 06, 21:23

... and you've activated the satellite limited MK3 trader script, and not the default MK3 trader script?

Muckypup23
x3

Post by Muckypup23 » Sat, 20. May 06, 21:47

Ok this might be why Im not getting anything.

Ive installed the files into the same folders as what they came from.Ive been reading about activating the script editor

something to do with

Hold down shift key,press t let go of shift key type hereshallbewings

Making any sense :evil:

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sun, 21. May 06, 11:26

Ok, you haven't activated the script editor yet?

In that case, you need to go to the menu where you can rename yourself (Quick Menu->Pilot->Rename). Then rename yourself 'Thereshallbewings'. The game will halt for a moment, as the script editor is loaded. There. Now custom scripts will be able to function.

... don't worry, your pilot won't be renamed by this.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”