[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 16:03

It could also be that he was attacked in the sector he was in and jumped out for safety .... though picked a bad one to jump to if so :)

Also it could be that there is no check for Zzyn's version to see if regular UT is already running which might create a conflict. Id totaly cancel everything (ie by giving them a plain dock order) then restart the sat based one and see what happens.

M

Velox
x3

Post by Velox » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 20:09

He's not done it again since I restarted him so might be a one off. I'll keep an eye out!

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 20:44

Okay i dont want to step on anyones toes here, but the problem pointed out by Myros i have taken the liberty of making a temp fix.

I have the file that had the bug up for DL if anyone is interested. Since it seems Zzyn cannot be contacted at the moment i am just saying i fixed the small bug pointed out, nothing more nothing less, this is still all his work. Im just a guy who thought i would like to use it without the small bug.

Anyhow, hope people dont kill me over this.

Download

- Relief
Last edited by Relief on Sat, 31. Dec 05, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 23:19

Relief, thanks for that. Do you (or anyone) know if it's necessary to re-start the UT's after this file is updated?

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 03:38

I am not sure, i dont think you should have to, it loads the script every time you run a save, so it should just check the new file and eveything should be fine, or at least i think it should, no problems on my end.

- Relief

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 09:57

thanks ZZYN, this is one of my favorite and useful scripts it's brilliant... :)

i have a few questions though (anyone feel free to answer)

1. When you set a sat from a ships trade menu to be a becon, is it just a
beacon for that ship only (this is how it seems to be working which is good
for me) i have 2 uni traders atm and set one to trade becons in Boron space
and the other to trade in Split space, they dont seem to be using each others
Becons which is the way i want it for now. If this is indeed how it works i can
just rename my uni traders to "Boron Uni Trader" Split Uni Trader" ect...

Is there any way of changing the Becon names based on the Ship they were
activated from's name, so they would become "ship name" "becon" this would make identifying becons to ships a lot easier to remember :)

2. You should make sure this Script is Added to the offical listing as it
deffinately needs more exposure....

Anyways great first mod, i think it has eliminated my freezes also, which
is just another added bonus.... Great Work....

Devnull.Cat
x3tc

Post by Devnull.Cat » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:23

BaronDeKalb wrote:
thanks ZZYN, this is one of my favorite and useful scripts it's brilliant... :)
I'll second that! I've been using it for a little while now and making millions. I wish Egosoft had made a distinction between scripts that automated ship behaviour (such as this one) and scripts that altered the behaviour of other entities in the game. It seems silly to have to go through the "Thereshallbewings" step, save, quit and restart just to install a script like this!
BaronDeKalb wrote:
i have a few questions though (anyone feel free to answer)

1. When you set a sat from a ships trade menu to be a becon, is it just a
beacon for that ship only
No - I set the beacons from the ship I pilot, and other ships take note - they just go on the name. However, if you have 2 sets of beacons far apart, your ships won't jump between them unless there's a compelling reason to do so. It costs time and money to get the energy cells to jump, and so the preference is for local.
BaronDeKalb wrote:
Is there any way of changing the Becon names based on the Ship they were activated from's name, so they would become "ship name" "becon" this would make identifying becons to ships a lot easier to remember :)
In plugin.autotrade.SctrSatNmChk.zz.xml you'll find:

Code: Select all

021    if $SatName == 'Trade Beacon'
022     inc $SatInSector = 
023    end
024    if $AdvSatName == 'Adv Trade Beacon'
025     inc $SatInSector = 
026    end
Presumably you could just change this to add in the ship's name. You'd have to modify the other scripts accordingly, or rename the beacons yourself. Not sure this is the best thing to do, though, if you want to make lots of money.

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 08:22

Devnull.cat " It seems silly to have to go through the "Thereshallbewings" step, save, quit and restart just to install a script like this!

i didnt have to type that in to get this script to work, ermm is that bad :?

Thx for the answers, to me ponders...
perhaps the space is preventing my 2 uni traders from jumping to each others area, that's fine with me.

perhaps a future release could tie Becons to specific ships though, for even
greater control and to prevent 2 uni's from going after the same thing...
or losing a good sell location when another of your uni's gets there first.

that is how i would use the becon naming if they could be associated to
specific uni's...

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 00:01

BaronDeKalb wrote: perhaps a future release could tie Becons to specific ships though, for even
greater control and to prevent 2 uni's from going after the same thing...
or losing a good sell location when another of your uni's gets there first.
I think I read somewhere that when your traders reach level 25, they start cooperating with other lvl 25 traders so they don't compete directly on trade runs. That's more of a "feature" than a problem, since it helps gives the ranking system a purpose, and makes the lvl 25's more valuable.

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 01:22

This is a great script, I love it for my UT's :)

Is there anything similar to keep my station traders from wandering aimlessly into pirate sectors? They all seem to have a death wish :(

- Krynos

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 05:43

krynos wrote:This is a great script, I love it for my UT's :)

Is there anything similar to keep my station traders from wandering aimlessly into pirate sectors? They all seem to have a death wish :(

- Krynos
you could reduce the number of jumps they can make in the station parameters screen. Not sure if there is a script to help though...

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 07:49

The problem with the jumps setting is that there are pirate sectors within 3 jumps, so that would limit things too much - I know, I know not good placement... heh. It was my first factory complex.

However I have installed the Station Trader script (the one that lets your freighters jump) and this evening I haven't lost a single one yet :)

- Krynos

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 01:29

Hey Zzyn. Love this script. It's been working great for me thus far.

A couple of things I've wanted to ask you though:
  • Does this script call the standard MK3 extension for the actual trading, or is it completely self-contained?

The reason I ask is because I've "patched" the MK3-script with the Universe Trader fix to get around the out of fuel problem. But since I'd rather use your Satellite Limited MK3, I was kinda hoping the fix would work for that too. If not, would you consider incorporating it?
  • I *have* had the "No fuel within jump range"-error a couple of times, but strangely, only for one ship. A Toucan Hauler (one of the free ships in the game). For some reason, it keeps getting stuck in Home of Light, and every time it's stopped there, it has had 200 (or more) e-cells in stock!! ... Can't imagine what the problem is.

I tried restarting the script (since the trader *did* have e-cells) but that did not work. So I had to move the ship to a sector with SPPs and then restart the script to get it running again.

I have noted that this ship might be the only one of my traders that is truly qualified to be a UT. I noted that for my other ships, the UT-option is grayed out in the command console. Not for this ship however. And this ship is equipped with 25MJ shields. The other ones are not. I have read recommendations not to run the UT-script without 25MJ shields in thread after thread, but this suggests it is actually a *requirement*. Anywho, don't see how that might impact your script, but it's the only difference I see between this one and my other trader (apart from the fact that they are Mercuries).

Arbalest wrote:I think I read somewhere that when your traders reach level 25, they start cooperating with other lvl 25 traders so they don't compete directly on trade runs. That's more of a "feature" than a problem, since it helps gives the ranking system a purpose, and makes the lvl 25's more valuable.
Could someone confirm if this is true or not?
Krynos wrote:The problem with the jumps setting is that there are pirate sectors within 3 jumps, so that would limit things too much - I know, I know not good placement... heh. It was my first factory complex.
This problem was discussed in a slightly different context in the SatelliteDeploy script thread. ATM that script automates deployment of sats in all explored sectors. The author is considering putting in a feature where you can specify a home sector, and a maximum jump range, and then let the script be limited by race. So, if you specify an Argon sector as home sector, and a jump range of 4, it would only deploy sats in Argon sectors, within 4 jumps.

However, if that is possible, I don't see why you couldn't have a variant that excludes unfriendly sectors instead(then again, I've only glanced at the MSCI-handbook, and am a complete noob to X3 and the X-universe in general).

RimBlock
x3tc

Post by RimBlock » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 11:02

Hi,

Love the scripts as they make life a lot easier although I am still getting out of fuel messages.

The problem seems to be that I have an invasion force in Ore Belt and after trade runs the UT's sometimes do fuel runs and select Ore Belt to get the E=Cells from. Ore belt has an advanced sat but it has not been turned to a trade beacon.

On entering Ore belt they jump out to Coludbase SW as they detect enemies and then report no fuel in range which means I need to move them up to Red Light and then to Home of Light where I have a M-SPP to re-fuel but have to do the two steps manually else they would try to go through Ore Belt again.

So the question really is;

On fuel runs do they not still stick to the 'only trade beacon' sectors ?

and

If not then could this be something that could be added ?

Many thanks
RB

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 07:34

Is this signed, ie won't cause conflicts with other scripts? I didn't see it in the main community scripts pages.

Thanks.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:30

As I understand it, there aren't any community based signed scripts yet. And they've just started a corner of the forum for scripters who work on signed scripts.

To get signed scripts have to undergo an obscene amount of testing, so you'll prolly have to wait a good while if you don't want to take any chances with the scripts available around here.

... Personally, I haven't had any problems with the ones I'm running. Yet :P.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 15:56

@Zzyn:

Script working great so far... I have a question though:

How does this script handle trading if you have several sectors inbetween two tradable sectors that are either unconnected or inactive?

Will traders jump the intervening sectors? Will they not trade in the cut-off portion of space? Will they go through intervening sectors (thus going through potentially dangerous space anyway...).

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 01:57

Hey Zzyn, you should PM Burianek and get your script added to the stickied "Index of community scripts/mods" thread. I know a lot of people use your script, and it would make it easier for others to find.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

wolf33055
x3

Post by wolf33055 » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 21:16

I have to admit it is the only one i use, i got very disheartened when my two new UT got killed because they couldn't keep out of ore, now i have the script everything is fine

just got problems with them deliverying energy cells and saying they do not have enough energy to jump.

like a BP tanker running out of petrol

keep up the good work

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 01:56

Sadly we havent heard from Z in a month, hopefuly he's on vacation or something and will show up and polish up the few remaining problems as this is the only trader I use anymore.

The main autotrade script is in the processes of being redone to fix its bugs and tweek thngs like ecell problems ... but it wont change the basic fact that you cant control where the dam things goes at all. So we'll either have to wait for Z to get back or one of our community will have to take the idea and run with it and add in the fixes from the latest autotrade release.

M

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”