[SCRIPTS] Collection of my Scripts : Updated 21/11/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vote for your favorate Scripts

Bounty Hunters Guild
6%
Assassins Guild
9%
Mercenaries Guild
11%
Smugglers Guild
2%
Merchants Guild
4%
Capitol Ship Crews
16%
Race Military
9%
OverTune BBS
14%
BBS Extras
14%
Afterburner/System Override Software
16%

Total votes: 977

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sat, 29. Dec 07, 14:20

A question about "EMP" and the "Advanced Jumpdrive", do they both work with 2.5 and BalaGi? That is because the Plugin Installer reads that both are for BalaGi and 2.02.
The Engine of Darkness is the Black Hole

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 29. Dec 07, 16:35

Yes, they will work as normal. 2.5 did not mess with anything important to prevent it.

It DID, however, fix something in TShips from the GOTY version of 2.0 that got bunged up.

2.5 added some commands and the Mission Director. The MD addition, and the directory requirements for it, will be something for Cycrow to add in later. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 29. Dec 07, 20:34

some of my scripts are set to need Bala Gi, and with 2.5 the plugin manager will no longer recognise the game as 2.02, so it'll flag up a warning.

however, it still wont prevent it from installing, and it will still work.

the new version of the plugin manager will work with 2.5 correctly so its only temporary anyways ;)

Jake, as for the Mission Director, its already been added into the Plugin Manager, i just havn't finished the new version yet.

but i wont release it until the information about the MD become offical ;)

which should be available before i've finished the new version anyways

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 01:48

*frown* something is wrong.

Whenever I try to install your full script pack, it installs fine, but the plugin manager messes up every time, and closes. Unfortunately, it does not seem to add that the scripts have been installed, and does not show up in the manager when i restart it. However, i note that the files are where they should be. ...

ok then.

Help? :(

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 06:50

This is why I have the game installed twice.

Since the option of adding scripts yourself is rapidly vanishing due to the script installer, I use it to install the files to one game so I can then manually add them to the other.

It avoids the inevitable, game-breaking screw-ups the installer has caused so many times. Love the scripts, loathe the installer.

Choice is good, lack of choice is a Microsoft standard. Shame to see it here. *shrug*

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 12:47

lancefighter, did you get any error messages when the installer closed ?

StormSinger, most ppl havn't had any major problems with the installer, but you make it sound like its really unstable.

also, you do have choise, you could just use the SPK Explorer instead.

althou it would mean certain ships wont function correctly as they require the installer to function

StormSinger
x4

Post by StormSinger » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 15:01

Didn't actually intend to make it sound quite that bad, I just prefer doing it myself--then I have only myself to blame if I foul things up.

I've used the program with good results overall, but when things go bad, they seem to really tank. No matter though, I use the packager to open and extract the contents of the spks. I can't use the explorer, it gives me nothing but error messages about "old" version spks. The packager works fine, so I go with that.

Anyway, not to sound harsh here. If it weren't for your scripts, I surely wouldn't be playing the game as often as I do. Great stuff, and I do honestly appreciate your work.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 18:57

Cycrow wrote:lancefighter, did you get any error messages when the installer closed ?

StormSinger, most ppl havn't had any major problems with the installer, but you make it sound like its really unstable.

althou it would mean certain ships wont function correctly as they require the installer to function
It goes through all the installations, and then decides that the plugin manager has stopped responding. Vista gives me this:
"XPMinstaller.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 20:22

StormSinger wrote:I've used the program with good results overall, but when things go bad, they seem to really tank. No matter though, I use the packager to open and extract the contents of the spks. I can't use the explorer, it gives me nothing but error messages about "old" version spks. The packager works fine, so I go with that.
its because theres 2 different formats of spk files. The explorer only works on the new format ones. Because the new format was designed specifically to be easier to manage.

the packager does work fine with both formats. You can also use the spkconvert tool to convert the old ones to the new ones.

i purposly didn't put the conversion in the explorer coz i wanted to keep it free from old code.

and there is of course spktool, that you can use, which is a command line program that can extract spk files, althou that too only works with new format spk files

Lancefighter, not sure the reason its not working, hopefully it will be fixed in 2.20 when i get chance to finish it. I will be releasing a debug version first so anyone with problems could test it and get debug information for me to look at. But i dont know when that will be yet

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 23:52

ok cool, no rush tbh...

Got myself busy with alot as it is...

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 13:54

Heres an idea for a script that i cannot believe was not actually in the game already, jump to sector and idle or move to sector and idle, this means that i wouldnt have to sit there and babysit ships that i tell to go places.

also a few of your scripts havent been fully updated to your new site yet Cycrow, maybe put your script host in your siggie or something to make life so much easier?
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Jim (Tomo)Thomson
x4

Post by Jim (Tomo)Thomson » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 19:13

Hi

I recently had to reinstall my game and downloaded the latest X Plugin Manager. When I try to use it for installing the Script Packs I get the meassage "XPMInstaller.exe has stopped working", and no scripts are installed. It will accept single scripts however these are deleted by the installer when I try the packs.

My OS is Windows Vista 32 with SP 1

any help would be much appreciated

JamesT

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 19:39

try and install them seperatly from EMP.

ie, select all but emp and c if that works, then install emp seperatly

Jim (Tomo)Thomson
x4

Post by Jim (Tomo)Thomson » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 22:11

Hi Cycrow

Worked a treat, thank you for the help,, now have my full game up and running again,,,,,,,,and can I also say thanks for the work you have done with the scripts which have givin me many an hour of playtime and cursing the universe till I'm blue in the face

Thanks

jagji56
x3tc

Post by jagji56 » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 09:13

Hello, I can't get this to download, I just keep getting a 404 error messing. It could have something to do with me benign caped, but I just thought I would tell you, in case there is a problem.

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 14:25

Lancefighter wrote:
Cycrow wrote:lancefighter, did you get any error messages when the installer closed ?

It goes through all the installations, and then decides that the plugin manager has stopped responding. Vista gives me this:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"
I have had this problem but it seems fine if you have a internet connection.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 17:48

jagji56 wrote:Hello, I can't get this to download, I just keep getting a 404 error messing. It could have something to do with me benign caped, but I just thought I would tell you, in case there is a problem.
did you try all 3 mirrors ?
they are all working, so its very likly that u'll be able to get it from at least one, even if the others might be busy.

if you cant get it from any of them, then it could be a problem with ur connection

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 17:51

Deathwalker1701 wrote:
Lancefighter wrote:

I have had this problem but it seems fine if you have a internet connection.
strange, was the problem in vista too ?
the program doesn't, or at least, shouldn't require an internet connection. And the only time it uses them is when you do the automatic update or find new scripts.

it doesn't use internal sockets as a way of multiple programs on the same computer talking to each other, which does some times causes problems, but that can also be disabled

unless its something vista specific, its something i couldn't check as i dont have vista

Amon-ra

Post by Amon-ra » Tue, 6. May 08, 04:10

As with the others i myself am having the same vista problems....i hate times like this were Im rudely Re-Introduced that my Kick A$$ labtop uses vista........

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 6. May 08, 08:36

I recently had to reinstall my game and downloaded the latest X Plugin Manager. When I try to use it for installing the Script Packs I get the meassage "XPMInstaller.exe has stopped working", and no scripts are installed. It will accept single scripts however these are deleted by the installer when I try the packs.

My OS is Windows Vista 32 with SP 1
Hmmm...works for me.

It could be a permissions issue. Try running it as an Administrator. If that doesn't work, try running it in compatibility mode.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”