[SCRIPT] Assassins Guild V1.60 : Update 07/08/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you rate this script

Excellant
65%
Good
24%
Ok
8%
Not so Good
1%
Terrable
1%

Total votes: 191

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 07:49

the lib.cycrow.random files, theres 1 for each class.

in the file it has an array that stores the ship types. Simply add the ships to that array and then they will be picked

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 11:12

I was able to find and configure the file. It turns out it is the ship type followed by the number 2 that I needed to edit. I had tried the main file first and had no luck.

On another note, I recently noticed a problem with ships I have captured during Assassin mission using my HCF ship. It seems that after a certain period of time the ship will disappear. It happened twice with two TLs I had captured. Both were removed from the game with no warning or message. Any ship and cargo located in them was destroyed. If I reviewed the message log I would see a message about the destruction of my ships docked inside, but no reference to the actual TL. Any idea why this would occur?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 17:49

it is possible that the mission was cleaning up the ships, althou it shouldn't be doing it for claimed ships.

did you get any message about the mission itself, ie failed or completed, etc ?

once you get one of those messages, the mission script should end and the cleanup will happen then, If its happening awhile after this, then it could be a different problem.

i assume u havn't had problems with other ships that you've captured ?

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 03:51

No, there was no indication in the message log regarding the ship or the mission. On one of the ships I never could find it and assumed that I had lost it to an attack, even though it was in my main sector where there are many warships and had lost no other ships. The other I got the message about the docked ship in it and was able to pinpoint the time it went away with that. Since it had been so long since I had captured them I never really thought much about it and had at first thought it was just a fluke. But only the ships I have captured from the Assassination missions ever went missing. So far it seems to be only an issue when the captured ship was the target. My LX which I got during one of these mission has been with me the entire game, but it was a support craft.

I never received any message of failure or success on any mission that I captured and kept the ship.

I am not sure if this matters, but I did notice that after I captured a ship it kept the same pilot, which was also the one mentioned in the mission as the target. The pilot did not change even if I entered the ship. I have just captured a ship and have removed the pilot and will see if that has any impact on the problem (in several days). I have also tried flying the ship to the sector it was heading toward and got no response regarding the mission.

Chieftonw

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 12:28

well, at a guess, i would say the HCF is interferring with the missions target.

as the script was never designed to work with such things, this could be a problem.

if you cap a smaller ship the usual way you have to kill the ejected pilot to complete the mission.

im guessing that it is the mission cleanup thats killing your ship as the mission is getting confused when you cap it, as big ships are not usually captured

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 03:03

Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 18:24

I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 13:47

Chieftonw wrote:Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?
its unlikly to make a difference, the best fix for such a problem would be to make it compatable with the HCF and allow the mission to end when its captured.

the main problem here is that, the mission relies on signals, either killed or captured signals to know when to end the mission. And when capping in the HCF its unlikly such a signal will happen so the mission doesn't get told it needs to continue, and just evnetually times out.

there are 3 ways to fix this, none are really that suitable thou. The first is to create a watch a script that constantly checks the owner of the target ship and forces a competed mission if the owner is changed to the player. Abit messy, and lots of potentinal problems, but should work.

The 2nd would be check the owner in the timeout of the mission script itself and then complete the mission at the end. This would work the best, but it means the mision will only complete when the time runs out and not when the ship is captured

the 3rd would be to add something into the HCF scripts themselves to trigger it, but this would also be difficult to accomplish and would need XTM to make some changes.
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 10:28

Cycrow wrote:
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild
Thank you very much for the fast reply and yes i am running the LV bounty boost script .
Ill stop that script to progress in yours :)

once agian thank you

Roderick Gibson
x3

Nothing Happening at the outpost

Post by Roderick Gibson » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 09:29

Hi

Have just installed this. I have ssen a few ships highlighted in yellow as assasin ships and have had a few BBS at stations inviting me to fly to an outpost (Dark Waters). So I did. i docked, nothing on the BBS, no messages at all, just blank, nothing in trade, jsut blank, some names in comms, bit each gives a blank response to a comm.

Am I doing it wrong?

Using

XTM 0.7.4

Other scipts

Bounty Hunters Guild
Bail Signal Extention
System Take over script
Advanced Jumpdive

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 17:09

have you joined the guild yet ?

if not, then you have to join before you get any messages.

the post to join is random so it wont always be available. So you will have to keep checking until you can join

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 09:33

Thanks

I was not offered any chance to join at that outpost. Docked several times, gave up.

Then later I found another one in another sector. This one had messages on the BBS, including "Join the Guild" So every thing now fine. I guess it was the great RNG not giving any BBS at the first one, I I had tried a few more times it may well have worked. No probs though, great script!!

gilboa
x4

Weird bug...

Post by gilboa » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 18:11

I just joined the assassin guild and took my first mission.
Found the target, started shooting the idiot bailed out and I got a mission failure message.

Did I do something wrong?

- Gilboa

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Weird bug...

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 20:01

gilboa wrote:I just joined the assassin guild and took my first mission.
Found the target, started shooting the idiot bailed out and I got a mission failure message.

Did I do something wrong?

- Gilboa
an unfortuatlly bug i've been unable to fix, soemtimes it works, otherwise its doesn't.

if they bail out, you are suposed to kill the bailed astronaut. But sometimes it loses track and the mission fails.

only thing i can suggest is try it again

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 21:50

OK. Thanks.
P.S. Kudos for the impressive array of scripts. (I use a number of them w/ XTM 0.7.3)

- Gilboa

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 14:55

This might be a really dumb question, but can this script have any impact on how many pirates are spawned in the universe at all? Any even remote possibility of that?

I am having a big pirate problem in my game, there are too many of them, and I try to find out what makes them spawn in such numbers....

leyo

Post by leyo » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 15:41

After having my first missions, i have to thank Mr Cycrow.
I'm frenchy so please excuse me for mistakes.

Just two little things i have a kind of regret : frequency and difficulty of the missions. So i allow myself to modify the script in order to find high level missions at every station i dock.

I don't need all my factories anymore thanks to the credits the missions give.
I have 1600 factorys to sell !

This script completely turns the face of the game. Thank you again, i think this is the best script/mod i play with Xtended.
*fervent défenseur du Down sacré*
*a défoncé les toilettes privées du forum français*
*Patient préféré des infirmières du Doc *
*Comité de lutte pour une meilleur fluidité du jeu*
PrizzZ wrote: il vaut mieux prévenir que taper ... enfin non, guérir

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 12:41

Stupid question of the day.
Does anyone know what is the minimum score required to jump from level 4 to level 5?
I'm at ~110,000 in both Assassins and Mercenaries guilds, but I seem to be forever stuck in level 4. (I assumed that 100,000 will be the threshold - guess I was wrong :()

- Gilboa

leyo

Post by leyo » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 11:15

Don't panick, it is 110 000. :wink:
*fervent défenseur du Down sacré*
*a défoncé les toilettes privées du forum français*
*Patient préféré des infirmières du Doc *
*Comité de lutte pour une meilleur fluidité du jeu*
PrizzZ wrote: il vaut mieux prévenir que taper ... enfin non, guérir

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 12:03