[AL Plugin] TerraCorp v2.3 (UPDATED 20/02/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 21:18

thx for all...I'll test it the whole night :D

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 00:25

Script work for 1.3?

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 01:26

People who have tried this . Does it give you more opportunities for trading or just gives you more competition. As struggling to find any good trading in my game so was thinking about this script but dont want to ruin my chances of building factories too ????

gengis_cohen
x3ap

Post by gengis_cohen » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 04:55

Anyone checked this out since V1.3 ?

Looks interesting.

royston1860
x4

Post by royston1860 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 07:54

Works a treat with my 1.3 game. I've seen terracorp stations popping up around the universe and they have their own tranporters. :wink:

But you should check any you come across and make sure they are trading. Sometimes they sit doing nothing but thankfully a script is supplied to remove any of these unproductive stations.

Of course you need to find them first. :)

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 09:45

nice to have some feedback since 1.3; I am a bit concerne by the overload in fps of the growing number of stations. Is it an issue?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 07:21

I've haven't tested it with v1.3, but see no reason it should not work the same.
People who have tried this . Does it give you more opportunities for trading or just gives you more competition. As struggling to find any good trading in my game so was thinking about this script but dont want to ruin my chances of building factories too ????
It should do both - the reason for the script was to add some competition, but if you are fast enough and think a bit you can make a good profit from the new stations.
nice to have some feedback since 1.3; I am a bit concerne by the overload in fps of the growing number of stations. Is it an issue?
this script should not build huge amounts of stations in one sector.

dwb1
x3tc

Post by dwb1 » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 04:42

Hiya Hiya:

I have been running Terracorp for a while with 1.3 and it has not given me any trouble at all. I see stations and traders going about there business of makeing credits.

Nice Script

DWB1

Tomcat
x3tc

Post by Tomcat » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 00:07

I played with this for a bit and it worked pretty nice, but i found two problems:

- currently my logbook gets spammed with the message: Could not find ship 'Ship-ID' ( don't remember the exact ID ) in the list. It's written to the logbook up to 3 times per gameminute.

- i wanted to deinstall it compability testings with another script, i've set the
settings to 'No', but there're still a ton of global tasks running, even after playing a couple hours. Is there a way to remove all the station and ships your script added?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 07:28

This is not from my scirpt - nowhere is there anything that would write to the logbook.

The only way to remove the stations and ships is to destroy them one by one, I did include a script called a.kill.object.xml that you can use to do this.

To find them is another story, but the names should all begin with:
TerraCorp
Argon Traders Guild
Royal Boron Traders
Split Production Inc.
Paranid T.E.S. PtY.
Teladi Profit Guild
Pirate Drugs R Us

Tomcat
x3tc

Post by Tomcat » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 08:21

Yes, i found out that it was another script that was writing the logbook entries. So i will install your Mod again, i like it :)

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 13:23

Ive just started trying this one out and so far I have seen the odd 'Terracorp Transporter' that I had not seen previously in the sector map listings - guessing this is your script kicking in, good stuff.

I did however see a Split TL flying from Family Whi and then through the west gate, so I decided to follow it. It ended up in one of the neighbouring sectors onwed by the Teladi, at which point the Split TL stopped and a new Fact appreared out of thin air, Bing! Now I understand the complexities and probably impossibilities for having a gradual build process visible on screen (as Egosoft might have implemented this by now, bloody dhame they havent) but thats not what Im too bothered about a half of the time you wont notice this unless you are a boring bugger like me and follow TL's - what I was a little concerned over was that the Split took the time and resources to stick a Fact in Teladi space, and when I docked it gave me the Teladi greeting meaning this station is Teladi owned - Awfully generous of the Split if you ask me. Shouldnt it be limited to each race only laying new facts for their own sectors only? With exception to allies like Boron&Argon where maybe a Mammoth would pop a new Fact for the Borons in Kingdoms End?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 07:40

The TL is not from my script, don't know where that came from :D .

For this script, there is a chance that the split will build a station in teladi space, but it will be split owned.

When the script runs, it makes a choice between a total random station, but owned by the race that owned the sector.
A calculated station - this takes the existing stations in the sector into account when choosing a station - also owend by the race that ownes the sector.
A total random station and random race - for this option it can be any station in any sector owned by any race.

Köpman
x3

Post by Köpman » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 15:23

Hi there,

i've a little problem with the script. its running fine, factorys poping up all over the galaxy!

but i have no text in the BBS and the companynames are not displayed!
there only stands "ReadText 7122-xx".
i've the german version and have some other english plugins installed.
i've just changed the languageID in the textfiles to 49 and i could see all the texts.
it looks like that doesnt work for your script, hope u can tell me what else i can do to get the text displayed!

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 08:01

This script does not use the 7122 text id

I had the same problem, if I remember correctly, it comes from one of Cycrow's script, I think it's the "winnable Lottery" script

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 11:12

7122 is part of my BBS scripts
its most likly the insurance dealer or the winnable lottery scripts as the text files have changed

to get it working, you need the BBS Extras script which contains the new text file for it

Köpman
x3

Post by Köpman » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 20:08

thnx for the fast help buddys :wink:
ill download the BBS Extra, but i saw a factory with some ReadText instead of the company name, ill check that out, maybe it was built before i changed the language id to 49......

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 14:24

almost OT: :P well about the name terracorp, it's kinda fun cause that was the name I used for my "company" in X2 :)

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 07:21

There was a very good reason why I chose the name terracorp.

Dock at one of these Terracorp stations and listen to the station greeting. :D

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 20:52

Couldnt find any referance...

But pilots are unknown objects in the ships ????

Is this right ?
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”