AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

Marine
x3

Post by Marine » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 05:22

which one do I download?

beakaldoX
x3

Post by beakaldoX » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 21:08

Guys I have installed this but have a problem with the paranid. Because of the plot bug I was stuck as an Unholy Nomad. I then did one of the bounty missions in Paranid space and invoked a horrible response. I shot a few Paranid which bough my rating down to Desecrator of Holy Light.
I then paid the fee of forgiveness and am told I can wonder freely but most of the sector are still shooting at me and are displayed as red. In fact it is the same in all Paranid core sectors. This never happened before and I just feel the Paranid chap is ripping me off. Actually if I offer to pay him again its 2 atrocities im supposed to have comitted then next time he says I comitted 3 then next time he say 4 and so on.

PS I have checked my global settings and these are correct.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 00:49

pay , leave sector come back.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 03:51

Hi LV,

Any chance M1s could launch some fighters when they JTP?

I would also like to relate an interesting story...

I've been busy establishing several complexes and supporting stations in Getsu Fune. Occasionally, (probably owing to my total clear out of Xenon Sector 347), the Xenon sector to the north launches a couple swarms of Xenon fighters through the sector. When this occurs I usually launch fighters from my TL and lead an interception. One group proved a little nastier than normal, and I was engaged with them for a while right next to the Split Equipment Dock. The Split arn't very happy with me as a general rule (it must be all their stuff i blow up), and some stray shot or another must have impacted the equip dock. Anyways, the other group was almost to the gate and I was starting to head for them when a Split Raptor jumped out of the gate! I was shocked. I realized it must have been because of JTP, but it was quite sudden!

The Xenon fighters all began attacking the Raptor which didn't have so much as PACs. It seemed to be mostly PPCs. It managed to kill two of them, but otherwise it was getting pantsed. Anyways, I direct my fighters to attack the Raptor, and I focused on clearing out the Xenon fighters one by one. I nailed the last L as the Raptors shields failed. I did a strafing run and then pulled back my fighters as the raptor was starting to move and the extended attack runs the AI fighters were doing rendered them vulnerable to PPCs. A couple hornet missiles and a long salvo of HEPT fire, and I had my first Raptor kill. :D

Also, I suppose this is a modding matter, but JTP would be more effective if (for instance) M6s mounted anti-fighter missiles. If I ever get the time / get the hang of it, I do plan to beef up M6s with extra turrets and stuff, though. :)

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 13:29

This mod seems to be very cool, but it works only partially with my german version.

Featuring a german readme I thought it was compatible with the german version...

1.) Problem: There only a "Read text 9037 somewhat blabla" in the special command menu

2.) Problem: I attack an argon station --> several Centaur and a Colossus jump in. I press the "Read text blabla" button in the special command menu. But the ships remain enemy. I get a message, also just "Read text blabla".

What am I doing wrong? Is the mod not compatible with the german version at least? That would be a pity :( .
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 18:21

try renaming the file from 44 to 49 and also do this within the t file.

Fair bit of code needed to have wing support for m1's so it will be a while off, also Getsu Fune is a wierd sector as there are many diff cap ships but 1 sector owner.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 19:23

I was thinking more like just creating a few fighters landed and homebased in the M1 so they launched if the M1 was attacked. I can see that being a problem if the script doesn't recognize the difference between m1s m2s or m6s though.

there's capships in getsu fune? Hmm.. not in my game.. :/

Loonix
x3tc

Post by Loonix » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 04:33

Had an interesting time with this and a Xenon invasion to Black Hole.

Xenon popped in with a M2 and lots of Ls. They attacked a Split freighter and and Argon prtrol..... :roll:

JTP fires... 8)

Argo response = 2 M2's and 3 M6's with wing men..
Split reponse was 2 M2's and 2 M6's...

Awesome to watch the Cap Furball. Not too stuttery on my rig.

I attacked the K(?) with my Centaur... Surprisingly easy to kill.... was great to have its focus spread accross all its targets rather than just selecting me to terminate. Withg all that was going on I ended up with half the kills and some spectacular viewing. Had to be super super careful to not hit the good guys as they were quick to anger. I was firing off race fixes for a while there. Was happy that it didnt happen around any Stations! :D

Fun stuff. Gotta say - without these scripts, the game doesnt have nearly as much replay value. LV and other scriptors deserve our whole hearted thanks (and the thanks of Egosoft!).

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 21:32

It seems to me that there is some kind of bug with this script:

Whenever I let an Boron TL fly into argon territory or a Argon TL into boron territory, it was attacked instantly!

Beside this little issue the script does it's evil work *gg*.

The attacked TL called for help, help was sent in and a war started :D .

But this way it was impossible for me to get a few boron factories into argon territory :shock: .

After I erased all files of the script the game was running normal again. My TL was not attacked anymore.
[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 10:13

the bug is no the script, the only thing the script attaches to a TL is to call for help when attacked, the game is attacking the TL's not my script but i will look into disabling calls for TL's if they are not in thier own space

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 11:45

When the CPU hog gets fixed . I'm going to HAVE TO
put this mod in.
Just got to this thread and it is
WAY to funny. :lol:
Rolling on the deck.

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 13:45

LV wrote:the bug is no the script, the only thing the script attaches to a TL is to call for help when attacked, the game is attacking the TL's not my script but i will look into disabling calls for TL's if they are not in thier own space
If it's the game who is attacking the TL, why did "the game" stop the attacks after I erased all files of your script? :?
[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 14:03

because the attacks are by minor ships i assume and when the attack signal fires it checks how many fighters of that race are in the sector and if there are more than x jtp is called.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 19:51

boron-argon hostilities have nothing to do with scripts.

i believe the game sometimes spawns boron or argon ships with improper friend/foe settings...

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 21:58

I've noticed argon military ships carry cargo life support systems. now it's not illegal for players to carry it I realise, but the boron always attack the military ships with this installed first. while leaveing other ships in the same formation alone that don't have this upgrade. (untill they get return fire from them of course)

ticaki
x3

Post by ticaki » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 00:34

LV wrote:the bug is no the script, the only thing the script attaches to a TL is to call for help when attacked, the game is attacking the TL's not my script but i will look into disabling calls for TL's if they are not in thier own space
hm but with your script this "feature" is a never ending story. ^^

A argon ship can attack a boron ship one time and a boron ship can attack a argon ship one time. After the first kill the ships will reset there relations to all races except player. :)

(if race logic control is of the ships never reset there relations)

Greets ticaki

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 00:55

HALLO

As ive seen the Staions are not be replaced, that means it will get very lonely and dark after some huge fights. Wouldn't it be a great Idea to have a Replacement after lets say one or two hours gaming time at the position the old one was?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 02:07

Um, JTP comes with a station replacement script.

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 01:16

Hi LV,

I wonder if you changed the script so that foreign TLs are not sending a request for help any more, yet?

Oh, and a question: ticaki said that your script is a never ending story. Is there no way a once started war (because of both sides responded to an attack) could come to an end after a while? I like the features your script adds, but I don't want to play "X3 1/2 - Infinite War" :D .
[ external image ]

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:19

The problem (at least as the dev noted) is not that they are calling for help its that the enemy tag is permanent on them. Even if you remove the call for help they would still be attacked.

Maybe because they leave a sector mid battle and this mod never resets them? *shrug*

Hopefully whatevers causing it can be tracked down as this is a great script concept.

Myros

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”