X3RPM - Remote Property Management - v0.7 - New Download Link

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X3RPM...

Is hotter than the dark side of the Sun
67%
Just broke every thermometer in my house
13%
Could fry an egg on my monitor
8%
Keeps my drinks cold all day long
4%
Makes even the Eskimos shiver and get more clothes
8%

Total votes: 92

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 22:54

cant you bind a script to a command slot that accepts a string
so when u select it, it will as for a string input ?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 15:01

Cycrow wrote:cant you bind a script to a command slot that accepts a string
I just looked into this, and no. When you bind a script to a hotkey, all arguments are ignored and entered as NULL... Apparently, the only way to enter a string from the player is by manually initializing a script that asks for script input, which at the same time means they have have the SE up, which blocks all incoming transmissions and keeps them from playing X3...

I think a chat thing will have to be put on hold, as I doubt there is any decent way of implementing it.... :cry:

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 15:30

nuclear_eclipse wrote:
Cycrow wrote:cant you bind a script to a command slot that accepts a string
I just looked into this, and no. When you bind a script to a hotkey, all arguments are ignored and entered as NULL... Apparently, the only way to enter a string from the player is by manually initializing a script that asks for script input, which at the same time means they have have the SE up, which blocks all incoming transmissions and keeps them from playing X3...

I think a chat thing will have to be put on hold, as I doubt there is any decent way of implementing it.... :cry:
Why couldn't it be a ship command? Surely you can pass agruments to them?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 15:56

Galaxy613 wrote:Why couldn't it be a ship command? Surely you can pass agruments to them?
It could be one, that's true, but the problem with that is that you either make it a extra command slot (only two allowed at one time per ship), kinda like the RPM host, or you have to make it a primary command, which then interrupts any autopilot the player is using, not to mention either way still blocks incoming chat messages as well...

It could most certainly be done, I'm not arguing that. What I'm pointing out is that with each possible way, there are tons of annoyances and limitations to the system.

What I'd like to see, would be to have all incoming messages pop up automatically (we can do that), and then to respond, you simply press a hotkey and have a window pop up to enter your string. That would be the nicest way, but is probably not doable.

By doing it through the command console, it would take tons of keystrokes just to get to the point of entering a message, not to mention that the game limits the user to two extra commands at any time, which would rule out the ability of users to run X3RPM, something like MH's AdvJumper's Auto-Jump script, and to chat all at the same time... It would also be even more of a hassle to players like me who fly around in capital ships all the time who have to scroll down even further for the extra command slots.... =\

Vedaran
x3

Post by Vedaran » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 20:31

Hello,

This is a great idea, and can't wait to get it to work, but unfortunatly, I'm having a problem. When the property or universe buttons are clicked, sometimes they work, and sometimes they come up with this error message:

Warning: unlink(C:/X3REUNION/log07999.txt) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in C:\X3REUNION\x3rpm\htdocs\inc\func.php on line 86

The statistics page thought works just fine, and I haven't had any problems with it.

Thanks!

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 21:10

Vedaran wrote:Hello,

This is a great idea, and can't wait to get it to work, but unfortunatly, I'm having a problem. When the property or universe buttons are clicked, sometimes they work, and sometimes they come up with this error message:

Warning: unlink(C:/X3REUNION/log07999.txt) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in C:\X3REUNION\x3rpm\htdocs\inc\func.php on line 86

The statistics page thought works just fine, and I haven't had any problems with it.

Thanks!
Yes, this is a known issue due to how windows file-protection works and the lack of the ability to properly tell when a file is in/out of use. A temporary fix is to edit the php.ini file and disable error messages. In the meantime between now and when the next version will be released (hopefully tomorrow), I will fix the problem as best as I can.

-

Release of v0.7 is scheduled for tomorrow, reliant on my ability to get ship details finished.

So far, the universe and sector maps are unchanged, but viewing ship/station details allows you to see all information on player and npc ships and stations, and also allows the player to set details for their own stations such as name, cash, product/resource prices, and such.

The ability to alter ship details and send commands to ships is the current item being completed. After that, I will be redoing the stylesheet to look and act nicer, then releasing the results.

Later features that are definately planned include a statistics signature image a la Logaan, and trading wares at stations with your ships.

Later features I may or may not add in would be the ability to purchase/trade ships/stations at shipyards, manage ware lists at trade/equipment docks, manage multiple ships at one time, and possibly more.

Vedaran
x3

Post by Vedaran » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 21:28

Ahh, alright.

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated!

neaput
xr

Post by neaput » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 23:26

Well done nuclear_eclipse, this rocks! I've installed the x3rpm php pages on my linux server and with a little bit of Samba magic, I can see X3 running on my Windoze games machine. Now I can watch TV downstairs and still keep one eye on my fledgling empire!

Keep up the good work :D

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 00:22

:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: nuclear_eclipse

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 02:56

neaput wrote:Well done nuclear_eclipse, this rocks! I've installed the x3rpm php pages on my linux server and with a little bit of Samba magic, I can see X3 running on my Windoze games machine. Now I can watch TV downstairs and still keep one eye on my fledgling empire!

Keep up the good work :D
Good going: you will absolutely be loving the next release, which has a very minor delay due to additional features I've added in, but should be out in the next day or so.

In this next release, I will also be offering a smaller 'update' version and an even smaller 'php-only' release aimed at those of you who have their own webservers running in their house, and simply want the PHP/scripts to plug into your existing system.

I think you will all be duly impressed with the capabilites offered in this release... ;)

aetchell
x3tc

Post by aetchell » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 13:44

no X3_RPM_HOST command on ships or stations

followed the installation exactly, the service is installed and running, but the RPM Host command doesnt appear in any ship or station command slot

the webserver service is running fine but cant get the command to run in the game

anyone else had this problem yet? if so, how can i fix it

cheers
Ash

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 16:00

aetchell wrote:no X3_RPM_HOST command on ships or stations

followed the installation exactly, the service is installed and running, but the RPM Host command doesnt appear in any ship or station command slot

the webserver service is running fine but cant get the command to run in the game

anyone else had this problem yet? if so, how can i fix it

cheers
Ash
First, make sure you have the script editor enabled in X3. It must be enabled for you to use the RPM Host. If it is enabled, then check to make sure all of the scripts were extracted correctly. You should find all the nuke.rpm.* and setup.nuke.rpm scripts in the x3reunion\scripts directory, and the 447850.xml and 447851.xml files extracted in the x3reunion\t directory.

carran
x4

Post by carran » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 16:39

Here's another thought...

Assuming it's not a problem to pass commands to ships within the game, is there any reason why a game cannot be set up with multiple player ships?

I appreciate money is the obvious one, but if each player started out with their own station with a script running which stored their credits then that could allow the player to buy / sell

Yes, there would be some limitations but it's worth thinking about

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 17:10

carran wrote:Here's another thought...

Assuming it's not a problem to pass commands to ships within the game, is there any reason why a game cannot be set up with multiple player ships?

I appreciate money is the obvious one, but if each player started out with their own station with a script running which stored their credits then that could allow the player to buy / sell

Yes, there would be some limitations but it's worth thinking about
This is an idea to think about, but with the delays and overhead involved with simply dealing with a single player's property, trying to synchronize that type of information between many systems would be VERY delayed and would not allow any real interaction anyways...

carran
x4

Post by carran » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 17:21

Not thinking about synchronising between systems, am wondering if a single system with multiple players controlling ships would work, effectively each player would control a Universe Trader (for want of better analogy)

Appreciate it would not be hugely interactive and combat would be largely OOS driven depending upon where the sector focus is

Make more sense?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 17:37

carran wrote:Not thinking about synchronising between systems, am wondering if a single system with multiple players controlling ships would work, effectively each player would control a Universe Trader (for want of better analogy)

Appreciate it would not be hugely interactive and combat would be largely OOS driven depending upon where the sector focus is

Make more sense?
Hmm, that could be an interesting feature. In RPM's current form, this could actually be quite viable as long as the player's all had stations to represent themselves and they all agreed to be civil and abide by some basic rules. Perhaps I could include a basic shoutbox feature at the header or footer to facilitate communication. I like this idea actually, and may investigate it further for future releases...

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

X3RPM Version 0.7 Released!

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 06:09

X3RPM Version 0.7 Released!

X3RPM now allows you to remotely monitor and manage your empire while you are away from your computer. Check your game's status from work, school, or anywhere with an Internet connection, and send commands, modify settings, or tweak your ships and stations without even being at home!

This latest version offers you the ability to view detailed statistics about your empire, see a propety listing with all of your stations and ships, view a version of the galaxy map and interactively select sectors and see what's in them, all from the comfort of your favorite web browser.

However, this is still a PRERELEASE version, and not all of the planned features are implemented yet. Read more about this in the readme file. Also of note is that with the current implementation, you MAY receive 'RPM Host Offline' results even though the RPM Host is indeed running. The cause of this can be ship moving out of sector without updates from the RPM Host, delays in script or code execution, log files not being cleaned up properly, etc. These will be top-priority fixes for the final release version, but for now, can simply be ignored by returning to the property or universe pages and continuuing from there so that caches refresh and such.

*Version Note* - X3RPM is now released in three different flavors:

X3RPM Full Version (6.4 MB) - This release includes every file necessary to run X3RPM without any major tweaking or management from the user. Simply extract files to the proper directories and install the X3RPM service (See the Readme) and you should be ready to go.

X3RPM Update Version (83 kB) - This release only includes files updated since the previous version of X3RPM. If you have a working installation of the last version (currently v0.2), you can safely install this over top the old version, restart the X3RPM service, restart the X3RPM Host ingame, and you should be set to go.

X3RPM Admin Version (63 kB) - Designed for those who already have running webservers (Apache, IIS, etc). Extract the script and t files into X3 and the htdocs files into the appropriate directory of the webserver, and everything should work. *NOTE* - You MUST be using PHP version 5.0.5 or newer, or else X3RPM *WILL NOT* function properly.

Download (all versions):
http://x.leetcode.net/x3/x3rpm.php

Simon029
x4

Post by Simon029 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 08:53

Thats Great. I will download it and install it remotly via VNC at home and start the game, so i can test it right now at work. :D

Maybe i have to call someone at home, to load my savegame. :lol:

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 03:20

Amazing work, 0.7 is a gigantic improvement on 0.2, I love it!

I do have one suggestion but I don't know how "possible" it is..

You can go to a sector and select a station and view it's wares and prices, would it be possible to have another page designed to view sector-wide pricing? Like the best buys utility.. Or better yet, universe-wide pricing? =D

Again, great work! And thanks for helping me get mods working in the first place ^^;
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 14:28

liquidx wrote:Amazing work, 0.7 is a gigantic improvement on 0.2, I love it!

I do have one suggestion but I don't know how "possible" it is..

You can go to a sector and select a station and view it's wares and prices, would it be possible to have another page designed to view sector-wide pricing? Like the best buys utility.. Or better yet, universe-wide pricing? =D

Again, great work! And thanks for helping me get mods working in the first place ^^;
First off, thank you. I'm glad all my hard work isn't being used just by me. =]

Secondly, suggestions are always welcome, and I will look into the ability to use them. In this particular case, I believe it would definately be possible. The limiting factor for RPM is alwasy performance, so I will have to experiment with it to see how quickly it performs and decide whether or not it can be done properly.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”